“Best value”

Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Colombo
Manama
“Best value”
Reviewed 28 April 2009

This hotel I stayed 2 nights, the single room was full so they gave me Suite room. The food is great. They have Traditional Massage facility which is worth to try. Shopping street & beach is just within 5 minutes walking distance.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Air condition
  • Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Mumbai
Reviewed 23 April 2009

True Value for money , the Hilton has scenic views from excellently maintained rooms , a great breakfast and fitness centre . A great place to mix biz and pleasure .

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Pune
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I went to Colombo for New Year. I was impressed with the friendliness of the hotel staff, everybody was very polite helpful. Breakfast (included in the price of the room) is simply amazing. Big restaurant with many buffet tables with Sri Lankan, Chinese and continental food, everything of exellent quality, very very tasty. When going to bed I was looking forward to breakfast to try just to have some more of that great food. The Colombo Hilton also has a nice, medium size swimming pool where both adults and kids can have fun. The pool is actually a little away and one has to take a bridge over the road but I think overall it's a very good organization. The greenery is very well mantained. Besides there is a bar adjacent to the lobby, where many concerts/events are organized. It was jazz week when I was there and I could enjoy some jazz with a glass of wine every evening. Besides there was a great Christmas exhibitions together with a Christmas stall where one could buy good-quality chocolates and cookies.
the room service is excellent, I stayed there for 4 days and my room was always very clean. I would recommend this hotel to everybody any time.

• Liked — pool, breakfast buffet, live music in the evenings
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank eva_anita
Cardiff
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Arrived in Sri Lanka (1st time to Asia) - bit shell shocked with the pace/driving.
Hilton was great hotel. Very friendly and clean. Service was 5 star!. Food was out of this world. Had a very relaxing 3 nights settling into holiday. Recommend a stay here for Colombo shopping.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank AlanCardiff
colombo
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We were eagerly awaiting to have a memorable stay at your hotel,but the first dissapointment was that ,we noticed the concierge escorting other non srilankan guests and carrying their baggages to the room while we had to carry our own luggage which I can do on my own ,but the service should be equal to all guest.

The lunch buffet which was served had a limited choice and the food was tasteless.The salad bar and the desert bar had almost the same choice for the dinner buffet as well.And even the dinner buffet had very little choice of dishes.Our initial plan for a 2day stay was cut down to a 01days stay.
We moved out to another close by 5star hotel on the 13th,where the staff was very hospitable and the food was very much better.

Nishantha Perera
Room no-1521

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kohuwala
Dartford, Kent UK
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here for four nights at the end of a three week tour of Sri Lanka. I am an Hilton Honours Member and had accrued a considerable amount of points. I contacted central services and enquired as to the 'cost' of a room paying with points. My flabber was ghasted when told that it was 20,000 points per night for the room, RO. As far as cost goes his is cheap. London hotels cost at least 40,000 points per night, RO. Great, I had enough to cover the four nights which we planned without it costing us a single rupee!
We arrived at 11am on 7th February, the staff were very helpful and check-in seamless. Our room was a Superior Double, the manageress was charming and informed that as we were Hhonors members we would be upgrded to Executive floor, offering evening alcoholic beverages, hot and cold snack buffet and breakfast in the main restaurant - result!
The room on the 16th floor had panoramic view over the sea and the Presidental Palace. The security at that time did not bother us, in fact we felt very safe because of it. The bed was very comfortable with large soft pillows. Tea & coffee makings facilities, mini bar, (which we didn't need to use), and large marble bathroom with soft fluffy towels, robes and slippers!
The fantastic breakfast, the usual Hilton spec. was wall to wall food. It was impossible to even make a dent in a quarter of it. The Sri Lankans & Indians all ate cereals and full English, and all the Europeans ate Curry for breakfast. It was amusing to see! The seafood restaurant sited in the grounds was cheap by 5* standards but sadly we couldn't manage to fit it in.
The pool area is spacious with a large sparkling pool and is indeed a walk over a foot bridge. This did not cause us any bother, in fact we welcomed a chance to step out and walk off our breakfast! If there was a nuisance it was the crows. They are relentless, screeching angrily at each other all at the same time. If guests left their loungers for any reason the crows would be there undoing buckles and zips with their beaks in order to find any spoils which may be inside. To be fair crows are endemic in Sri Lanka as well as Kerala and Goa which is where we were heading to spend the next 6 weeks of our touring holiday.
The business centre charged me 350rp for 30 minutes Internet use which was the only expensive item I could find in the whole hotel. We got a tuk-tuk to Odels area where the internet shop charged 60rp for 1 hour!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Last fall I had the pleasure of staying at Hilton Colombo, customer service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking accommodations in Colombo.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business