“Experience of a King Size Living...”
Review of The Kingsbury

The Kingsbury
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Yes...its feel like you are living in a palace...it is one of the finest hotels and according to me is a complete value for money...The location is perfect and nothing better than a room facing the ocean..The Sky Bar on roof top is superb...I celebrated my anniversary at sky bar and it left a ever lasting memory...

Good Experience
1. Property is like a palace..Rooms are very spacious and good.Go for sea facing room..
2. Sky Bar on roof top...must visit..

Bad Experience
1. Veg food is not at all good..

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms on top floors...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Maurice C, General Manager at The Kingsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Anuj-Ranka,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving us such high praise.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should your travels do bring you back to Colombo.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Was waiting to write a comprehensive review about this hotel, but at about 1 am we are being kept awake by banging and metallic noises.
After complaining we were informed that certain things were being moved from the 10th floor. Really at 1 am??
This along with other problems have really disappointed me and I regret my choice of spending 4 nights in this hotel at the end of our trip in Sri Lanka!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear StraightCirle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by noise late at night, my apologies, I have taken this up with the relevant section head.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at The Kingsbury this week. It's a very beautiful hotel with an amazing location. The hotel staff is very helpful and courteous. Definitely would like to go again to stay at this hotel. All views seem to be Sea facing.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms seem to be sea facing...however take room on 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear AnuragMathur,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving us an excellent rating and praise about the staff.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This place is a castle. Top notch interior, facilities, comfort and absolute luxury; but the place is extremely jammed and no one has time for no one!

There are back to back functions taking place at the ballrooms and the staff are just too busy. You might be simple ignored as staff gets lost into their chaotic chores! The reception is a mess!

Everything else is awesome!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank salehlzeik

Dear salehlzek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. I am glad to hear your comments about the hotel being "top notch and luxury." It's a very busy hotel at most times of the day and this is a good thing for the hotel.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is very nice, the rooms are confortable and nice, and some of them with oceanwiew.
Fantastic poolarea, On 12 etage evening and night bar with a beateful over the ocean and town .
The staff all over is very helpfull and service minded.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annette S

Dear Annette S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving us an excellent rating and praise especially about the staff (who seem to be getting a bit hit on some posted reviews...)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Charmless and trying to be an establishment it's not.
Bathroom smelt, corridors smelt of stale smoke.
Over staffed and awful service. Waiters standing around with hands in pockets chatting oblivious to customers
Plenty of better Colombo options

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MikAllen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. I am sorry to hear of your complaints, my sincere apologies, we are working on improving our services.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Yes this hotel is beautiful and clean and comfortable but the customer service is TERRIBLE! I stayed here with a large group and when I (a female) asked to change some of the rooms around I was told that I couldn't because it had already been done. The man wouldn't even look at me while I was checking in. I then asked to speak to a manager and was told there wasn't anyone available to speak to. Another man sat next to me to try to work it out and I thought it was done until the rest of the group tried to check in and all the rooms were still allocated as originally done. My partner (a male) asked for the rooms to be changed and was invited to the bar with a manager to work it out. Service was poor in the restaurant and it took atleast 15 minutes to get coffee or tea with breakfast. The massages are overpriced and more expensive than they are in western countries. I just found people to be rude here. Certainly not what I expected of a hotel of this quality. I would not recommend staying here at all.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Christine M

Dear Christine M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent stay at The Kingsbury Hotel, much appreciated. My sincere apologies for the customer related issues, rest assured that we are working on improving our services.