“great view”

Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I just came back from Sri Lanka and the thing that I enjoyed the most was cinnamon lakeside. ...room was excellent view was the best with big terrace .....service is very good. ..but I am not so happy with food ...it shouldn't be like that in a five star hotel as the choice was bad not that much varieties but overall I enjoyed my stay there....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Denis_Gruhier, Sector Head at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your five star review of Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We appreciate your feedback on our services and facilities and also have noted your observations. We hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you for your patronage.

Rohan Karr
Sector Head

There are newer reviews for Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed for 1 night only in the Cinnamon Lakeside, but would have liked to stay longer. The rooms were clean and well equipped with stunning city views. The staff were very nice. The restaurant was ok, but the choice of food was not as good as the other Cinnamon/Chaaya hotels we had stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review of Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality. We appreciate your feedback on our services and facilities and also have noted your observations. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

As I visit Sri Lanka regularly, I have tried a few hotels but my choice is very clear. Cinnamon Lakeside provides the very best value for money. Although WTC has some hotels closer to the towers, the Kingsbury rooms are small and the service way below par. The Hilton should be closed for renovations as the rooms are in very bad shape. The Cinnamon Grand is a good alternative but the staff there are arrogant and not friendly at all. It is not enough to tell the guests they are the best hotel in town, they have to demonstrate it and they failed.
Cinnamon Lakeside on the other hand is a great place to stay, fast and efficient check in and check out. Someone in the lobby greeting you with a great smile at time of the day. Great restaurants (Mediterranean Restaurant by the terrace overlooking the lake being the best for me)
Kasun at the front desk is a real asset. ever so pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank EllieBellie13
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for your great five-star review. We are delighted that you had a memorable stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo enjoying Cinnamon hospitality, authentic cuisine from across the globe and other facilities on offer. It is encouraging to learn that you opt to stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo to other accommodation in Colombo. Thank you for your valued patronage and we do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I would like to thank Karen Gro for her first class customer care we received from her during our stay at this hotel last December it has taken me this long to remember her name but just wanted to share my view with everyone else, if you are planning a trip to this hotel you will not be disappointed we where lucky enough to have a room on the executive floor and access to the lounge which was fantastic I do not have a bad word to say about the service we received. Thank you once again Karen Gro

Room Tip: Sea rooms have a lovely view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank orangeCheshire
Denis_Gruhier, General Manager at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your five-star review of Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. It is most delighting to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Executive Floor room which enables you to a multitude of facilities with our compliments and a panoramic view from the room. We appreciate very much your recommending the hotel to other travelers. Having indulged in our hospitality, we welcome you to visit us again soon. Thank you for your valued patronage.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It was the first time to visit srilanka and the guy dwane at the front desk offered me a execative room and it was a good experience for me.from the time I checked in he was keeping touch with me.he recomended me the thai restaurant and there was delecious food available.I would recomend everyone to checking through dwayne and next month I will be coming back to sri lanka.And thanx for the manager kasun for giving me the late checkout free till 6pm.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your five-star review. We are delighted that you chose to stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo on your first visit to this beautiful island and indulged in our true Cinnamon hospitality. Our valued guests do enjoy their stay in the Executive Floor which entitles them to a multitude of facilities with our compliments and is exposed to a panoramic view from their rooms. Our Thai and Chinese restaurants serve authentic cuisine and have a regular clientele who always have positive feedback about their experience. Thank you for your kind sentiments and we hope to see you again next month.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My dAughter and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed every bit of it. The Staff was very attentive, helpful and friendly. We chose this hotel because my husband Kumar Ellawala was the Manager at the night club (library) when they first opened as Ramada Renneissance.
Nice rooms, nice food. The food at t he Thai restaurant was excellent.
Will definitely come again.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool with a view was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your five-star review of Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay indulging in our Cinnamon hospitality. It would have indeed been a happy occasion for you to have met old friends at the hotel. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Colombo.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed for one night at Cinnamon Lakeside hotel. The front desk was very helpful. I had dinner at the Chinese restaurant and the food was good. Also used the bar in the main lounge and the bartender was excellent. Overall I definitely recommend Cinnamon Lakeside.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mnatesan

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo. We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us. We appreciate your recommending the hotel to other travelers, assisting them to find the right place to stay in Colombo. We do hope you will stay with us for a longer period during your next visit to Sri Lanka so as to experience yet again our true Cinnamon hospitality. Thank you for your patronage.