I made a one day transit stay at Colombo when returning from Maldives to India. Being just a quick day trip, I choose a low cost hotel that looked good in pictures and cost just $32 a night.
- the hotel is in a corner of Colombo. Reaching the hotel took me an hour from the airport at 1am and another 30$. Worse - return in evening peak hour traffic actually took me 2.5 hours!
- I was planning to sight see around the city. but got severely constrained due to the distance and lack of easy availability of transport!
- the wifi in the hotel works only in the lobby, which gets overpacked with just 3 people!
- when I reached the hotel at 2am, there was no food available. And with it located so out of the city, going out for food is impossible!
- The hotel claims to be no-smoking. but my room smelt of cigarette smoke. I asked for an alternative room, but there was none available and all the hotel receptionist could do was get a really smelly room freshener!
- the room ac did not work!
- the shower head was broken
net to net, an extremely costly choice for a cheap hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even the most budget traveller
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sansu is a hotel with a friendly environment, where it is situated in the city center of Colombo 05 which is conveniently accessible to major Hospitals such as LANKA HOSPITALS (Opposite it), Asiri Hospitals, Nine wells etc. Our Hotel is ideal for budget travelers & patients arriving for treatment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Sansu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.