“Very dissapointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Colombo
Nairobi, Kenya
“Very dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here on May 22 after hearing all the the hullabo abt Colombos newest htl. At check in , they immediately swipe ur credit card. Tried to explain why it is so and even offered for my card to be blocked but pleas fell on deaf ears. Stayed in room 702 and went for. Business meeting only to return later for dinner and be told the rst is not open and so can only offer cocktails at top floor. Good pool and retreated for room service. Tried to watch movies but tv wasnt working. Called reception and sent someone a few minutes later who had no idea what to do. He left and promised to send someone else immediately, and no one came at all. Called reception third time and someone came about 30min later but was already asleep. Ver very pissed off. Breakfsst quite basic . Stayed one night and left to the taj for next 3 days. Never again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank UchuMingi
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to hear that we did not deliver the guest experience that we should have, and that you were not happy with a number of things that occurred during your stay.

It is with such feedback that I can share with my team, to rectify and improve such things so that they do not happen again, although I am sorry to hear that they happened to you. My apologies.

Should the situation arise where you have the chance to visit Colombo again, I would appreciate the opportunity for us to show you what we should have delivered on your fist stay, and put things right.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and I will be more than happy to make the arrangements.

Thanks once again for taking the time to share with me your feedback and comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Whilst the Ozo Colombo feels like it is more suited to business travellers we were very impressed with the rooms and meals we had there. Friendly helpful staff just add to that whole experience. For a newly opened hotel nothing was unfinished which is generally what one would expect so it was overall a very pleasant experience

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony L
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Our hotel happily accepts both business and leisure travelers, although its great to hear that you were very impressed with the rooms and meals.

I will also be sure to share your positive feedback with my staff in relation to their helpfulness, and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

First time at Ozo colombo. Checked in for dinner at the Eat restaurant. The atmosphere was lovely and modern. Service was great and the chef does his rounds as well to the tables. However, the place needs to have more variety in food and the desserts specially. The popular desserts were not available on this day for some reason. So guys you need to look at improving this. All the best for the future!

Stayed June 2014
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our EAT Restaurant.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the modern and nice atmosphere, and as you would have experienced, the great views. Thank you also for your mention about the great service that you received. I will be sure to share this with my team.

As you noted, our Chef (Stefan) really likes to interact and talk to our guests about their dining experience. I will be sure to discuss with Chef your comments about more variety on the buffet, and especially the desserts.

It is with such feedback that we can improve our guest experience, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had an amazing experience. Nice welcome, nice people, nice food, outstanding service and hotel. I hope the hotel will keep up the standards :)

Thank you very much OZO Colombo!!! I loved my stay and recommend others to chose this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I will be sure to share your comments with my team in relation to the nice welcome, nice people, nice food, and outstanding service.

We strive to always provide our guests with exceptional service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed such an experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Colombo.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A really nice place to go for a stay or meal. Staff is amazingly helpful and service is very good buffet was good drinks were served chilled. Roof top is quite amazing a new way at looking at marine drive will be going back for sure....

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

In particular the amazing and helpful staff, the good service, as well as the buffet and drinks. I will be sure to share your comments with my team.

As you have mentioned, the rooftop (ON14) is a great place to enjoy the amazing views over Marine Drive.

We hope to welcome you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to a lot of hotels in Colombo. But this is by far the best hotel. The hospitality, food, view and the smart contemporary look. Simply the best. The staffs are very good. The bar is very good to make your mood better even just by sitting on a chair.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us.

Its great to hear that you enjoyed the food, bar, and views, as well as the smart contemporary look and feel of the hotel.

I will be sure to share your comments with my team, and we hope to see you again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is by far the best in a small busy city. From a great beach, roof top bar, dining area, and of course a view to die for. Rooms are immaculate with a breath taking ocean view. Great and friendly staff. Definitely recommend their Dream Ocean Rooms giving you a hospitality experience of a home-away from home. Ideal for business travelers who prefer a warm hospitable environment coupled with luxury and great dining selection right in the heart of the city!

Food is great. It’s a great location to take your friends and family for a meal or even a night out with your friends to experience Colombo’s tallest roof top bar “ON14”
There is no 2 words about visiting this great hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tammy_zn
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

As you have mentioned, the fantastic views from our Dream Ocean View rooms are breath taking. We are also lucky that our restaurant "EAT", as well as our rooftop lounge and bar "ON14", and the function room "Aqua", also enjoy such views.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our Chef in regards to the "great food", and dining experience.

We hope that if the situation arises, we can welcome you back as our guest one day in the future.