“Brilliant Location. Excellent Service”
Review of OZO Colombo

OZO Colombo
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This newly opened hotel occupies a great location on Colombo Marine Drive. I was there for three nights on a business trip and was upgraded to a sea facing room as a part of their opening offer. Service was excellent and food was very good. The Check in staff could do with a bit of fine tuning, but other staff were very co operative. Room amenities were also up to the mark. Location is not very far from Galle Street which is main Colombo. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ravi W
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the great location of the hotel. As you mentioned, we are close to Galle Road and the main city centre. Happy to also hear that you enjoyed the views of the sea facing room, which we call "Dream Ocean View" rooms. Fantastic uninterrupted views.

Thank you for the positive feedback on the food and service, and I will be sure to share this with my team.

I'm sorry to hear that your check in process was not up to your expectations, I apologize for this, and will follow up with my team on where we can improve.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to OZO Colombo in the future, should the situation arise.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here on May 22 after hearing all the the hullabo abt Colombos newest htl. At check in , they immediately swipe ur credit card. Tried to explain why it is so and even offered for my card to be blocked but pleas fell on deaf ears. Stayed in room 702 and went for. Business meeting only to return later for dinner and be told the rst is not open and so can only offer cocktails at top floor. Good pool and retreated for room service. Tried to watch movies but tv wasnt working. Called reception and sent someone a few minutes later who had no idea what to do. He left and promised to send someone else immediately, and no one came at all. Called reception third time and someone came about 30min later but was already asleep. Ver very pissed off. Breakfsst quite basic . Stayed one night and left to the taj for next 3 days. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank UchuMingi
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing to hear that we did not deliver the guest experience that we should have, and that you were not happy with a number of things that occurred during your stay.

It is with such feedback that I can share with my team, to rectify and improve such things so that they do not happen again, although I am sorry to hear that they happened to you. My apologies.

Should the situation arise where you have the chance to visit Colombo again, I would appreciate the opportunity for us to show you what we should have delivered on your fist stay, and put things right.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, and I will be more than happy to make the arrangements.

Thanks once again for taking the time to share with me your feedback and comments.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Whilst the Ozo Colombo feels like it is more suited to business travellers we were very impressed with the rooms and meals we had there. Friendly helpful staff just add to that whole experience. For a newly opened hotel nothing was unfinished which is generally what one would expect so it was overall a very pleasant experience

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony L

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Our hotel happily accepts both business and leisure travelers, although its great to hear that you were very impressed with the rooms and meals.

I will also be sure to share your positive feedback with my staff in relation to their helpfulness, and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

First time at Ozo colombo. Checked in for dinner at the Eat restaurant. The atmosphere was lovely and modern. Service was great and the chef does his rounds as well to the tables. However, the place needs to have more variety in food and the desserts specially. The popular desserts were not available on this day for some reason. So guys you need to look at improving this. All the best for the future!

Stayed: June 2014
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our EAT Restaurant.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the modern and nice atmosphere, and as you would have experienced, the great views. Thank you also for your mention about the great service that you received. I will be sure to share this with my team.

As you noted, our Chef (Stefan) really likes to interact and talk to our guests about their dining experience. I will be sure to discuss with Chef your comments about more variety on the buffet, and especially the desserts.

It is with such feedback that we can improve our guest experience, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had an amazing experience. Nice welcome, nice people, nice food, outstanding service and hotel. I hope the hotel will keep up the standards :)

Thank you very much OZO Colombo!!! I loved my stay and recommend others to chose this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I will be sure to share your comments with my team in relation to the nice welcome, nice people, nice food, and outstanding service.

We strive to always provide our guests with exceptional service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed such an experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Colombo.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A really nice place to go for a stay or meal. Staff is amazingly helpful and service is very good buffet was good drinks were served chilled. Roof top is quite amazing a new way at looking at marine drive will be going back for sure....

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

In particular the amazing and helpful staff, the good service, as well as the buffet and drinks. I will be sure to share your comments with my team.

As you have mentioned, the rooftop (ON14) is a great place to enjoy the amazing views over Marine Drive.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to a lot of hotels in Colombo. But this is by far the best hotel. The hospitality, food, view and the smart contemporary look. Simply the best. The staffs are very good. The bar is very good to make your mood better even just by sitting on a chair.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us.

Its great to hear that you enjoyed the food, bar, and views, as well as the smart contemporary look and feel of the hotel.

I will be sure to share your comments with my team, and we hope to see you again soon.