OZO Colombo
US$200
US$194
US$105
1,705 results
All reviewsrooftop barindian oceansri lankamodern hotelsea viewmarine driveinfinity pooltop floorrailway linetuk tukroom servicebusiness hotelstayed one nightpleasant stayreception staffsea frontlate check
Reviewed 25 June 2014

the best thing is the rooftop! everything else is average. the room service and housekeeping is very slow. the housekeeping does not answer the phone and response and service is poor. toiletries are not upto a 5 star level hotel, and one ahs to ask for things like toothbrush, shaving kit,etc.. Food is average and very little choice. fruits are average.
the advertised upgrade of the room was not given in spite of asking for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooftop, but sorry to hear that your expectations were not met in regards to Housekeeping response time and bathroom amenities. We provide certain amenities as standard in guest rooms, but have all items available on request. My apologies if there was any miscommunication in relation to this.

I will also be sure to discuss your points on F&B with Chef to see areas where we can improve.

In relation to your feedback about upgrades, our opening special currently advertises that this is subject to availability, in which this case, due to our occupancy, unfortunately it was not. Sorry that we were not able to provide this on your recent visit.

I hope that we can welcome you back again one day in the future if the situation arises, so that we can next time meet your expectations and put things right.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Eat restaurant is not value for money. We asked for non-chilled water and were served what would normally be free or about a 70 rupee bottle, with a glass bottle of the usual 'American' with the hotel name on it for 200 rupees. A classic way of ripping off the customer without first giving the customer a choice of whether they want bottled water or not, which is what any good restaurant should do. I ordered the ceasar salad after the waiter promised it would not be made with the iceberg lettuce that one finds in fake ceasar salads in other restaurants, but with romaine lettuce, after stating the obvious that it was "locally grown" which in my experience is exactly the same as romaine lettuce one finds anywhere else. I was served a bowl of limp and warm iceberg lettuce with a total of 3 croutons in it and watery dressing, ridiculous for 650 rupees. The waiter was clueless as to what the lettuce actually was. Other starters we ordered were good but better quality / taste with equally good presentation and definitely more reasonable prices can be gotten from places like Casa Colombo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and comments in regards to your recent dining experience at EAT restaurant.

I am sorry to hear as it looks as though we did not meet your expectations in regards to service or product with your recent dining experience. We offer water complimentary from our carafe, and only charge for bottled water. My apologies that this was not clearly explained to you by the F&B staff when you ordered.

I will also be sure to discuss with my team your feedback in regards to the salad. The staff should be aware of the menu and items, for clear explanation to our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon to experience EAT restaurant the way you should have on your first visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when doing so.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The recently opened Ozo Colombo has a roof top bar on its 14th floor over looking the sea from the front and the Colombo City from sides. It has the Colombo's only rooftop infinity pool of its kind. The breath taking view from the bar is unmatchable to any other sky bars in Colombo. The staff is also very friendly and they will serve you fast with a smile on their face, which is one of the main features lacking in most of the places in Colombo. The food is averagely good and you have a decent variety of drinks. However more than anything else if you want to unwind ur self after a hard days work there won't be any other place better this to watch the sun go down from the top and then to watch the city getting illuminated. I will highly recommend this place as one of the best bars with the most breathtaking views in the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Its a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a lovely experience at our rooftop bar and lounge - ON14.

As you have mentioned, the views and location are fantastic, and a great place to unwind and relax after a hard days work, while enjoying the sunset.

I will also be sure to share your positive comments in regards to the service with my team.

I hope we will see you again soon at OZO Colombo.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The chef was very nice and made me a substitute dish which was not on the menu (which has very limited vegetarian choices)
Poor ambience in the 'EAT' :(
'ON 14' is interesting if you get to sit on one of the bar tables by the edge but if you sink in to one of the loungers, you'll hardly see the person you're talking to :(

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent visit.

We are currently in the process of increasing our Vegetarian options, although I am glad to hear the Chef was able to prepare you something else suitable.

I hope that we can welcome you back again to try our increased menu options in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Hotel is not sensitive about sentiments of vegetarian. They serve non veg food as veg which hurts religious sentiments of those following strict vegetarianism.
Waiter are not well informed and their senior are least concern. This was strange as we have not able to sleep last night due to incidents happened to us and they even didn't feel regret for such incidents.
Even they serve drinking water against empty bottle only.
Very unfortunate that they even don't trust the guest who want drinking water as tap water is not potable.
We checked in with group on 19 and continue to stay till tomorrow.
We will not advise indian vegetarian individual to select this hotel and did not found value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014
Damian B, General Manager at OZO Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

As I understand, you were part of a larger group that stayed with us, and all dietary and food requirements were advised by the group organizer to my F&B team, in which my team followed.

I do however apologize if there was any misunderstanding or miscommunication in regards to your comments about vegetarian food. I will be sure to follow this up with my team.