...be aware of a few things:
(1) The hotel is quite far from the city center. Far means about one hour walk or 15 minutes tuk-tuk ride
(2) The real added value of this hotel is its clean and spacious rooms, ideally facing the sea-side. The breakfast buffet is great as well. But the staff is not able to provide you any additional help, guidance or offers. They could not even tell the fare for a tuk-tuk into town (by the way - take a metered taxi or negotiate a ride for 300 Rupiahs into city-center, this is feasible)
(3) OZO offers a pick-up from airport for 47 USD. You can get an A/C cab for 3000 Rupiahs (slightly over 20 USD). There are providers before entering arrival hall - go for it.
(4) There is a swimming pool and bar on the top floor of the OZO - go for the view!!
Overall - considering the price you pay, an average hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Indian Ocean, OZO Colombo Sri Lanka is ideally set on Marine Drive, Colombo 4. An hour's drive from Bandaranayake International Airport, Galle Road is few minutes away while the city centre can also be reached in less than 10 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your OZO Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.