Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$160
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$145
View deal
Expedia.comUS$161
PricelineUS$160
eDreamsUS$160
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed here during our holiday in Sri Lanka. It is in a great location in Colombo - set back from the lake it is a much needed quiet and green setting in a big noisy busy city. It’s great to return here at the end of a days sightseeing. The rooms are comfortabe and clean. The en-suite bathrooms have great showers. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent (try the Sri Lankan breakfast), the dinner menus is also good. I would not hesitate to stay here or in any of their other small hotels again

Reviewed 24 November 2018

Stayed here for the final night of our Sri Lankan holiday. Well located in the centre of Colombo with easy access to south Beira Lake, the new Colombo city centre shopping mall and Gangaramaya Temple. It was Poya day whilst we were there so not too much traffic round the hotel, which is tucked away down a side street. We had one of the best nights sleep of our 2 week stay in Sri Lanka. The bed was super comfortable. Hotel was spotlessly clean and stylishly decorated and furnished. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was delicious with a choice of healthy, not so healthy and Sri Lankan options. Many of the other guests were in Colombo for the cricket and I think this hotel is very well located to access the cricket stadium and attractions Colombo has to offer. The street on which is stands could do with a clean up as there was a lot of rubbish by the nearby sports ground, but this did not put us off because the hotel was lovely.
We would definitely stay here again. Very good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AngieNewZealand
Reviewed 23 November 2018 via mobile

I booked Taru Villas in May 2018 for the England cricket tour of Sri Lanka in November 2018
Unfortunately I was diagnosed with cancer 10 days before I was due to fly.
Taru Villas have refused a refund, due to me not informing them 14 days before I was due to check in and because they could not sell the room.
I have repeatedly asked for the ‘empty’ room number so another of my party can use it instead of currently sharing with a friend at Taru Villas. There are no rooms available on the Taru Villas official hotel site from 20th November to 25th of November (My dates).
To say I’m disappointed by the actions (22/11/18 was a Poya Day) from the manager of Taru Villas is an understatement.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband just enjoyed a 2 night stay here. From arrival all the staff made us feel very welcome.

The room was immaculate and the hotel is tucked away away from the main road.

We had the Sri Lankan curry on our first night which was divine.

Breakfast on both days was lovely. The Sri Lankan breakfast kept us full all day!

We would both recommend this hotel to others who are stopping over in Colombo.

Reviewed 17 November 2018 via mobile

We missed our first night here as our flight was delayed and we got to the hotel at 5:30am instead of 4:00pm the day before. We had enough time for a 30min snooze, shower and breakfast before our 7hr train ride. It’s a lovely little secluded hotel in the centre of Columbo which makes you feel you are surrounded by greenery. The breakfast was delicious, I had the homemade granola and yogurt. Only negative was that the room smelt a bit damp but this seemed to be a theme on the rest of our trip.