I'm often in Colombo and usually stay at the wonderful Taj Samudra but it was undergoing a major renovation so decided to try the Cinnamon Grand along with a group of ten fellow travelers. The reservation was made by an Indian travel agents that organized the group trip and had requested king size beds for most participants. We arrived late in the evening for a three-night stay and found that only rooms with two single beds had been blocked. We tried for an hour to correct the error but the duty manager was completely unhelpful. They offered to change me to a king the next day, but when it came time for the move, it was to a downgraded category. It took an hour then for the front desk to find a king bed in the upgraded wing and it only happened with a lot of pushing from me. To compensate for the confusion, the travel agent had arranged a late check-out for some of my group, but when it came to the actual check-out, the front desk had no record of the approved request and challenged me. It was a complete comedy of errors that wasted a lot of time and energy. The rooms are very nice, the housekeeping and other staff was very professional, but I'd recommend using either their reliable competition at the Taj which will be outstanding when their renovation is completed, or a very cool little boutique property called CASA Colombo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel