Cinnamon Grand Colombo
OZO Colombo(Colombo)
US$142
US$98
4,876 results
All reviewsbreeze barcheers publondon grillcoffee stoptaprobane restaurantjaffna foodnuga gamalagoon restaurantnoodlessri lankaseafood restaurantbig hotelfood courtcoffee shopbusy hotelchoice of restaurantsexecutive floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

A superb hotel with everything you could ever want. A small but clean gym, a nice outside pool, a few great restaurants and a very nice room. There's also a hair dresser I unfortunately cannot recommend to people who don't have hair like sri lankans.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura B
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review of the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Sri Lanka!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

beautiful hotel....very huge....like the food...good prices...you can walk near it .....staff very friendly.....very clean ....big rooms and very calm.....i enjoyed a lot and wasn t expecting to like it as i did....i hope you ll like it as i did....like the view too.you will be able to swim too...there a italian restaurant in it very good prices and very clean

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel S

Thank you for taking time to review the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We are very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate your compliments. We are very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and trust you would stay with us again in the future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was my second trip to Colombo but first time stay at Cinnamon Grand. I'm glad that I had booked an Executive floor room. I arrived into Colombo at 5am after 8hours of flying and transit. The hotel car (prebooked & paid separately) picked me up promptly from airport and upon arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by hotel staff. I was escorted straight to my room instead of check in desk which was just as well since I was very very tired. Check in formalities were done in the room taking only few minutes and by that time bags were there as well. I was literally in bed within 10mins of arriving at the hotel. This service was part of the extras of booking an Executive Floor room. There are a lot of other extras including free 24hrs room service breakfast!
The room was very clean and very well appointed. A/C worked very well as did the internet.
I say definitely paying extra for Executive floor room - excellent value for money especially for a luxury hotel like Cinnamon Grand! Definitely staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for your kind review. We are very pleased that you decided to stay on the executive floor and delighted to note that you did enjoy the extra facilities available at the executive floor rooms.

We appreciate your valuable feedback on our services and amenities and look forward to welcoming you back, to indulge in more of our facilities and cinnamon hospitality, on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Well this was my first experience in such a huge hotel. Yes, I found this hotel very big and I found it just O.K. We had 6 standard rooms in the old wing with the swimming pool view from our rooms and one room if I remember 526 had an amazing view of the beach and the swimming pool. It was a corner room. The rooms are just ok, not worth for what u pay. But the service is great, really good staff. Coming to the food, we had complimentary breakfast so good variety. But wait, the place was so dirty the tables I mean, the corner tables had ants which is so sick, imagine ants running thru your plate while eating. Food was just normal not something to go gaga about. This was the restaurant in the basement of the old wing. The lobby was over crowded always. Well I would recommend this hotel only if you stay in the suites and higher class rooms. Standard rooms are just ok. But surely a one time visit. 7.5/10

Stayed: June 2014
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We are sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. Whilst we thank you for your compliments on our service, we have noted your comments on the breakfast area and have taken it up at the Management meeting and assure you that immediate corrective action will be taken to ensure it does not happen again.

We hope this will not deter you from staying with us again, if you do visit Sri Lanka in the future and that you would give us another opportunity to serve you once more with our cinnamon hospitality.

Thank you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We shifted here from a horrible hotel in Colombo, having found a deal on Hotels.com. It was, in a word, amazing. Multiple restaurants, beautiful pool, grand lobby. They arranged a day trip to Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage in fifteen minutes. The food at the restaurants was great. The rooms were beautiful, the water pressure in the marble bathrooms strong. Everything -- down to the delicious chocolates on our pillows at night -- was perfect. Definitely a relaxing oasis in Colombo.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for your kind review. We are delighted that you had a memorable and relaxing stay with us and enjoyed our dining options, food and service, as well as our rooms and amenities. We look forward to welcome you back if you decide to visit Sri Lanka in the future, to indulge in more of our services and cinnamon hospitality.