I stayed here 4 nights then shifted to the hilton as part of a business trip
The hotel is great I stayed in an executive room which is worth the money with all the added benefits like free suit pressing and free in room breakfast etc... The usual perks with executive lounge and some more...
I didn't really like colombo as a city and would recommend any tourist that are coming not stay more than a night as there is literally nothing to see or do... But this hotel has a lot to do in it if your like me and looking to waste 2-3 hours n the evening
The rooms are much better than the hilton ... And the in room dining is great ... And the prices very reasonable ...
Were a group of 11 and so far the best rooms I saw were at the taj but the hotel itself is dead...
There is a lot of good things about the grand cinnamon as well they have a mall connected to the hotel which has a grocery store at the bottom great for travelers needing little things to top em off soap favors drinks snacks etc...
It's also a very busy hotels with lots of parties functions and weddings .. But I will say this as a general note to travelers to Sri Lanka don't experiment to much with the food .. 4 people in our group have stomach bugs including myself ... Not the way you wana go on a trip out here as bathrooms are definetly not going to be found (at least usable ones ) in this city outside your hotel... And don't forget to take the Tuk Tuk it's great !! And remember it's metered and about 30-50 rupees a kilometer don't let them rip you off !
Safe travels like my review if it was helpful ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center. Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in-room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access. The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award-winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill. To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub,’ and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices. There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard. Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel