“Lives Up To Its 5 Star Rating”

Cinnamon Grand Colombo
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Colombo
Singapore
“Lives Up To Its 5 Star Rating”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My third time staying in this hotel. This time stayed for 2 nights.

A big hotel rated as a 5 star establishment. My room was of a comfortable size, with the expected 5 star furnishings. Came with WiFi (may have been paid as part of the package).

Breakfast had a big spread of international and local fare, and the food was good. Location was central and convenient.

What sets this hotel apart from other big hotels is the service. My experience of most 5-star hotels is that the service is often stiff, forced, formal and even indifferent. Not this hotel where I found the service staff genuinely warm and very helpful. And for this, I rate this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and thank you for your patronage.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed every stay and appreciate your compliments on our service which is our greatest strength. Indeed our staff work very hard to ensure that guests are both comfortable and satisfied. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colombo
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is my second visit to CG colombo. Nice experience. I did not stay over night. We have our annual session at oak room. Nicely arranged programme. The lobby experience is very nice. Superb environment and comfortable seating. Very nice lunch and coffee time arrangements. Very tidy washrooms. Extremely decent and helpful staff like traffic wardons, receptionist, waiters and porters. At the backyard of the hotel there is a very natural relaxing area consist ponds, natural plants, fish cultivation, swimming pool, sunbath and cottages. Spacious parking at groung and basement floors. Wide veriety of shopping outlets. In shot, it is a different world amidst the busy and rush colombo city. Highly recommended hotel for foreigners.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your appreciative review of the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We are very glad that you enjoyed the arrangements and experience; and appreciate your encouraging feedback on our food and facilities as well as your compliments on our courteous staff.

We thank you so much for recommending us and look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Wish we had stayed longer than one night we arrived early but were check in right away so nice to relax .we had clubroom and butler service who looked after us all very well fruit and bottle of red wine in room extra towels were brought straight away when ask for. Lounge staff couldn't do enough for us cocktail hours seem to go on and canapés were yummy A big thank you to all staff and kind regards to Mario Gibson for making are one night special.x

Room Tip: Always go for clubroom higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you very much for your kind and appreciative review of the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We are most pleased that you enjoyed the service, facilities and comfort of our executive floor and appreciate your compliments to the staff. We also note your special mention of Mario Gibson.

We trust you will stay longer with us the next time and look forward to indulge you with more of our facilities and hospitality.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were generally disappointed with our hotels in Sri Lanka - under delivered on their star ratings & over priced
Not the Cinnamon - a true international standard 5 star hotel
Modern building with all amenities & helpful staff
Above average number of quality eating options
Good location

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind recommendation of the Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We are delighted to note that you had a memorable stay and most importantly, you were not disappointed. We appreciate your compliments on our amenities and staff as well as our dining options and location and trust you will return to indulge in more of our services and hospitality.

Best regards.
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nice hotel and the staff was extremely friendly. I highly recommend this place to people visiting Colombo.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for your recommendation. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome you again, if you do visit Sri Lanka in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

As soon as i arrived at the reception one of the staff escorted me to my room straight away to sign the check in form, also he strictly refused to let my bodyguards to the room as he told me that he will take the full responsibility for my security within the hotel. Following the in-room check in, the butler came to my room with my luggage and helped with unpacking my stuff and also he personally packed my luggage prior leaving the hotel and he told me that he will be at the reception to prepare my bills and as soon as i arrived the bill was ready for me. He escorted me to my limousine. It was such a pleasant and fine stay in Colombo although it was 1 nights only but it really worth a visit to this wonderful hotel.

I think they need to provide some different selection of cars beside the Nissan that they offer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Cinnamon-Grand, General Manager at Cinnamon Grand Colombo, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for your complimentary review.

Our Executive Floor team is delighted to know that you enjoyed the benefits and services they provided, and thank you very much for recommending our hotel. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to your next visit at the Cinnamon Grand, sometime in the near future.

Best regards.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one night only. The lobby area is huge and one could pass hours sitting on one of the comfortable chairs soaking up the atmosphere and doing a spot of people watching, there's always lots going on here. Room was lovely, spacious and clean, the bathroom felt slightly dated - shower was in a bath with a shower curtain... Comfortable bed. Quiet. Didn't eat in any of the restaurants here. But... breakfast!!! Got it delivered to the room, see photo :) A good start to the day at no extra cost. Had to wait around for a few hours after checkout so I visited the mall next door (nothing special but a good way to kill an hour - there's a nail salon there but I'd recommend making an appointment as it was chocker when I went there) and hung around the pool for a while. The people sitting next to me ordered burgers which looked delicious - both of them gobbled them up! As you'd expect from a place like this, the staff were faultless, full of greetings and smiles. I came with my two friends and the three of us had backpacks and were in our travel clothes but we were equally as welcome as any of the other guests. Also, two of my friends were with me on check in and the staff allowed the three of us, complete with luggage to go up to the room to get ready for dinner even though the reservation was only for one person - a nice touch. Would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Niamh F
Thank you for staying at the Cinnamon Grand Colombo and for your kind review. We are pleased to note that you had a memorable stay and liked the ambiance, rooms and facilities, especially the breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcome you on your next visit, to indulge in more of our services & cinnamon hospitality.