“My Second Home Out Of Hometown”
Review of Casa Colombo

Casa Colombo
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Colombo
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This is my second time staying in my lovely CASA. Ever since my first trip here 1.5 year ago, I could not ever forget this marvelous hotel, the ever best hotel among hundred of places that I've stayed over years.

This time I spent 10 days here, experiencing several different suites out of the 12 fabulous rooms they have and completely fell in love with this modern, professional and friendly boutique hotel.

The staffs still remembered me well after more than 1 year, what a homely and sweet feeling the moment I stepped into the well-paved and clean driveway.

My last time Domo Kumara was greeting me at the gate with his usual and attracting smile, arranging my luggages in a neat & quiet way, within a few minutes time I was in another artistically designed room different from last time, all my belongings laying in its position already. I even did not notice the hustle u usually had in non-boutique hotels.
The place is still so quiet, and it's so nice to stay in another extraordinary room with all the facilities and necessities available any time you want as what you have at home. Each room has its unique styles, designs and layout, so it makes your stay very fresh and enjoyable other than the standard setup in normal hotels.

Besides these sophisticated hardwares, more impressing was the hotel software -- personal service the hotel provides to each guest in its unique way. Kumara was 24 hours stand by for any need and help I might have, so it did not make me a stranger in a different country. The time I spent here therefore was very peaceful, the surrounding & everything around me made me more than comfortable and at ease all the time.
Kumara is the best and really professional in guest attending. I love Kumara for all the work he had ever done, which made the overall stay another unforgettable memory.
If you choose to stay in CASA for your Sri Lanka visit, do get Kumara as your domo, trust you'll feel how I felt.

Apart from Kumara, I also made good friends with the chef Shareef. Because of my particular food selection and taste requirement, I always gave challenge to the chef, asking him to do sth different so as to keep my stomach happy. He's more than happy to accept the request from a lady from China, smiling at my comment. Isn't this another lovely homely feeling you're expecting when you're away from your hometown?

All the people here can be your friends, housekeeping Manoja,Kasun, waiter Channa, Amila, bartender Nimal, F&B Rhaim, Ferdi, domo Arun, and even GM Mr. Horst. You can chat with them for any stories you're interested in, even share a small pack of chocolate! This is the lovely family that you are with and will be with upon your choice when you travel to this tropical island.

If you are a bar lover, you can spend your fun time in their newly furnished glass walled bar at any time you want. Every design is rare here.

My dear CASA, wait for me next time, will see all very soon again. Keep my second home well done!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ina6080
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Oh wow!! What a review! You have indeed left us quite speechless!!

Thank you for some very lovely and encouraging words, and most of all we are so happy that you consider CASA Colombo to be your second home, and us as your family. Indeed we do remember you…. how could we ever forget a family member…..! Giving you a very personalized experience is what we strive for always at CASA Colombo and what a great feeling to know that we have succeeded in impressing you and satisfying you in every way.

We are happy to note your promise of returning soon to CASA Colombo, which we will await with impatience. See you soon….. very very soon…..

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed for 1 night on our way to and again from safari at zala nat park. It was exceptional. We had 2 different rooms, one on the ground floor the other on the first floor. Both interesting, comfortable, and spacious. The tub is fantastic. Great internet, wonderful amenities. Only exceedingly minor quibble is the lighting is a little inadequate in the sink for putting in contact lenses.
As others have noted, staff is fantastic. Our personal butler was even there to help with our 4AM departure. Kudos to manager Wilhem for running a friendly, casual, but highly effective operation.
Restaurant was nice. Sri Lankan breakfast highly recommended.
Only 1 masseuse at spa, so more than 1 could not go at once. Balinese massage was very nice. Average value (middle between US and SE Asian pricing). Signature Ayurveda was not offered at the time. Would've liked to try.
Did not get a chance to tour Colombo, so can not comment on convenience to rest of city.
But will most definitely stay here on a return to Colombo.

Room Tip: First floor room with terrace has private jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aequanimitas

We are so glad that you have selected CASA Colombo as your preferred hotel while in Colombo, and to note that you had an enjoyable stay whilst with us. Thank you for some very kind words in your review.

Colombo does have some lovely places to visit while you are here and an enormous variety of shops for the shopaholic. We do hope that on your next visit to Colombo you will be able to experience the uniqueness of the city of Colombo together with the uniqueness of CASA Colombo, and we would only be too happy to assist you with any travel arrangements or make any recommendation to you on where to go. After all, we are here to serve you, and to make sure that your stay is as hassle free as possible so that all you have to do is enjoy.

Do come back soon….. we would love to have you at CASA Colombo once again.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were here for dinner and that dining experience was amazing! an absolute treat! you would expect the prices to be super high, however this wasnt the case. I would say that the meals may not be BIG but the flavours are more than so, therefore it does give value for money.
the atmosphere was great, my favourite was the pink pool....it has been done up beautifully and really, the star here is the architecture and the attention to detail in the interior decorations.

This was a celebration and the staff were extremely helpful in making the neccessary arrangements so i would say service was great!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lakigirl
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

We are so glad that you had a fabulous dining experience at CASA Colombo, and thank you for sharing this experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

We love your comments with regard to our food, service, design and décor, and we will be sharing these comments with our entire CASA Colombo team. We hope one day you will visit us not only for dinner, but to stay a few days, so that we can have the opportunity to give you the total CASA Colombo experience, where you can relax and unwind, and have a cool dip in your favourite pink pool….

Come back soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

I recently travelled to Sri Lanka for two weeks, seeing as much of the country as I could in that time, staying in a total of seven hotels. Casa Colombo was the final hotel and what a finale!!! I absolutely love this place! Very clean, very modern and amazing staff! I can't gush enough! We had our own butler (they're called domos) called Gayan. What a nice guy! Very funky bedroom with under-bed lighting and all the mod cons you could wish for. My fave was the sink in the restaurant toilets - it was like a waterfall with water coming down a trough from the ceiling and you caught it in a ledge to wash. Has to be seen to be believed!

Very minor gripe was the pool was too cold to get in, but I imagine that's a godsend after a hot sweaty day sightseeing!

There are twelve rooms here, we stayed in Tickell Road which was beautiful and tucked away upstairs round the back so very quiet. There are two rooms off the dining room which I imagine can get noisy and also one off the reception corridor so I'd recommend a suite upstairs.

Try it, we loved it!

• Stayed: February 2013
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

We loved reading your review of CASA Colombo, and knowing that we have been successful in giving you a fabulous experience whilst with us. Your comments have been shared with our entire CASA Colombo team, who are thrilled to have been able to look after you and pamper you.

We also love it that you like the design of CASA Colombo and its many unique features, which were designed by our CEO and Founder Mr. Lalin Jinasena, and it is this very same uniqueness that has won us many international awards, of which we are very proud.

We loved having you at CASA Colombo, and can’t wait for the day when you will return again.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in one of the corporate suites. It was huge, and very well appointed. There was a slight mix up with our rooms when we arrived at around 2.00 am, however this was handled very well by the hotel - always a test of a good hotel. The rooms are eclectic in their design but with a great attention to detail and a lot of style. I would generally class the feel of the hotel as on the chic side of shabby chic. The rooms don't have a view (at least the two that we had didn't) and the windows that do face outside are either frosted or coloured glass, with the result that the room is very inward feeling. Not necessarily a bad thing, given how beautiful the rooms are, but it might not suit everyone. The beds are huge and extremely comfortable. The pool is lovely partly because of a large tree around which it is built, however it is also rather cool (blame the tree I'm thinking). The service was very good. The manager, Willem, was great, as was our butler Arrun - both excellent. The hotel is off a busy road, but is quiet and peaceful. The breakfast is very good, as was dinner on the one night that we ate at the hotel (and very reasonably priced). Overall we thought that the hotel was good value for money and a fun place to stay. Minor quibbles: the room lighting is too dim, and there are some areas where the building maintenance could be improved. All in all a highly recommended hotel and we would stay there again if we come back to Colombo. BTW we had also considered Tintagel as a possible hotel, and are very pleased that we didn't stay there - we visited for lunch one day and there was no one in the restaurant and although it is an extremely beautiful building it would not appeal to those who like a little more activity in and around the hotel or who like a little more of the local Sri Lankan feel.

Room Tip: We chose room 4, because the bath is not in the bedroom but in a bathroom. It was lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rqf55

We are so pleased that you selected CASA Colombo as your preferred hotel for your Sri Lankan vacation, and thank you for a really great review.

CASA Colombo is unique in its design and concept, and we are very happy that it has appealed to you and that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our service and food. We always endeavor to give our guests the most personalized service possible, which is why we allocate a personal butler for you during your stay with us. We would not dream of even your smallest need or want being unattended to.

We are looking forward to your promise of returning to CASA Colombo, and hope it will be very soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

The hotel is very nice boutique style hotel. The staff is very helpful. The location is about 3 km from city center but it is quite ok location this too. The room rate is a bit too high for the value you get perhaps. The brekfast is average but lunch and dinner offers are good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at CASA Colombo. We are happy that you have enjoyed yourself whilst with us.

We do hope you got a chance to go around Colombo a bit as there is much to see and do, such as the National Museum, Zoological gardens etc, and no end of shopping to do!!

We would love to see you again at CASA Colombo.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

As Colombo goes, it is probably the least enticing city in Sri Lanka. A bustling, noisy, hot, diesel-fumed place. However, hosting the airport, it is the gateway and so anyone who travels there will find themselves at least passing through it.

This was the first stop on our three week honeymoon. To say that the hotel is luxury is to fall short. It is quite simply stunning. We splashed out on one of the more unique rooms for our first night and it was honestly the most uniquely enchanting place I have ever stayed. Two rooms with huge ceilings, a giant, ornate bath, the decor of both rooms, appliances, even individual ashtrays on the tables in the restaurant contain Siamese Fighting Fish! There were no corners cut here. Someone else mentioned in their review that the service was less than friendly, we came away feeling more like we had gained a friend than been waited on.

The hotel is also quiet, cool and relaxed, an oasis secluded away from the Colombo bustle. Food is high quality, though being a luxury hotel it is more expensive than most places. The pool and spa facilities are also top-notch.

This hotel is special, of that there is no doubt. I've stayed in luxury accommodation before and while it is always exceptionally nice, there is seldom the 'wow factor' involved. This place has it in spades.

Room Tip: We went for a high-end room, not something I'd normally fork out for, but it was the first night...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Being the start of your honeymoon, you were a special couple to us, which is why the entire CASA Colombo team has worked hard to ensure that your stay with us is a memorable one. After all, we do want you to relive those memories with us year after year.

Thank you for a lovely review and for some wonderful comments regarding CASA Colombo. We are very happy that you found everything to your satisfaction, that we have been able to give you a unique experience, and that you were able to relax and enjoy your time with us.

Please visit us again, we would love to have you with us.