“Hyatt Standard” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dushanbe
Portland, Oregon
“Hyatt Standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Pretty much what you would expect. A comfortable room and a very good breakfast. The service had a tinge of the old soviet "don't bother me" mentality, but not much. The sitting area had a lamp over the coffee table that arched out from a base near the wall and it served mainly as an obstacle to moving about the room without doing much lighting - a bit strange. I had a very nice view of the Gissar Mountains out my window, which makes for a dramatic setting. A good experience at a good hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyDushanbe, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the view from your room. We hope to welcome you back on all your future visits to Dushanbe and please do let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for two weeks on a business trip. The staff was helpful, friendly, competent and smiling, from each waiter and waitress to the reception staff and down to every cleaner. Everyone went out of his or her way to be welcoming and helpful.
The room was excellent, comfortable (although it took me a while to figure out the lighting), spacious. I had a wireless router put in right away, and it worked very well. The food, which can get boring on a long business trip, was very good. I especially appreciated the "healthy choices." Room service was fast and good. I used the business center for printing -- no problem. And the fitness club, pool, and wellness facilities were some of the best I've seen in any hotel.
Even the gift shop was one of the best in the city!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyDushanbe, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for posting review on Trip Advisor site and for sharing your valuable feedback in respect of your resent stay in Hyatt Regency Dushanbe. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and its serviced during two weeks trip to Dushanbe and mentioned our healthy menu option in your review. Your commendments about hotel associates are very much appreciated by the hotel employees and further motivates to exceed guests' expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Dushanbe.

Tbilisi, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

It has been awhile since I stayed at the Hyatt in Dushanbe, having stayed in smaller venues that are more convenient. But this trip was arranged for me and I was back at the Hyatt. As it turns out, sadly.

The rooms remain very nice. Hyatt subdued standard. The lighting in the bathroom is awful but I am ugly and don't want to see myself anyway.

Internet is problematic. If travelling with tablet or wireless device be sure to ask at check-in to have a wireless router brought to your room. I had to ask 3 times before they actually showed up. Once installed it worked okay but you must log in after every chosen time period.

The breakfast buffet used to be incredible. Now it is dull and lifeless. Cold potatoes. Overcooked (understatement.) breakfast meats that can break a tooth. Few staff who never offered a second cup of coffee in 4 days.

The Bar - pizza and beer. Nothing else to recommend it. Still no life. I guess that that is the lasting impression for me - there is no life whatsoever in the hotel anymore. And the "neighborhood" that offered potential when the hotel first opened has never materialized. It is so depressing to look out the window to the massive restaurant being built next door - and to remember that the restaurant was being built back in 2008! Still not finished.

I will be back to the guest houses next time around. Don't waste your money in the Hyatt. For 80 USD/nt elsewhere you will have a far better stay.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tiflis
HyattRegencyDushanbe, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay in our hotel and for providing us with your valuable and extensive feedback. We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with your room, however we would like to apologize for inconvenience you experienced during the breakfast, associates not being proactive with coffee refreshment and for a delay with delivering wireless device to your room. We will make sure necessary adjustments will be made in order to achieve guest satisfaction. Thank you once again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was surprised to find such a nice hotel in Dushanbe, but then again, everyone told me 'the hotel is nice~.' The rooms are wonderful~! I saw my own and a suite of a colleague. Fantastically bright. large windows, large rooms, with nice modern, light wood furnishings. Just WONDERFUL! It made the 2 week stay VERY comfortable. The gym has nice lighting as well (although you look into the small 2 lane indoor pool instead of outside, but there's still windows beyond). Views are awesome - either new new "Tea House" being built or the lake in the front, or snow capped mountains in the distance. Very calming, facing that and working in your room. Service is great; no incidences at all. just very comfortable! I wish I could take this hotel w/ me wherever I travel!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any! Upper floors?
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank loracYCL
HyattRegencyDushanbe, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you so much for posting the review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you had comfortable stay in Hyatt Regency Dushanbe and enjoyed our spacious rooms. We are looking forward to welcoming you back should you travel plan brings you back to the city.

Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed for four nights at a Conference which was also held at the hotel.
Comfortable well sized room with a very nice bathroom and a deep bath tub. Proper hangers poor lighting in the bathroom if one would like to use the magnifying makeup mirror provided. Staff was friendly and accomodating and a pre breakfast was served at 4 o clock in the morning for those of us flying out with Turkish airlines. Breakfast very good and included freshly squeezed orange as well as carrot juice. The hotel is well maintained and very quiet (no sound from next door) the drawbacks were the lack of (free) wifi in the room and the food (lunch and reception buffet) provided during the conference was ok - but not five star.

Dushanbe "city" (aka Rudaki st) is a 10 minute walk and the fun fair just next to the hotel if you feel like trying the ferris wheel or enjoy local families on outings.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarieMalmo
Let me thank you for the review posted on Trip Advisor and you feedback on Food and Beverage facilities provided during the conference. We will make sure to look into this aspect to further improve our services. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Dushanbe.

Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Starting with the negatives – the hotel is not in the real centre of the city. One of my local firends joked that the hotel was probably built before they decided the location for the city itself... In reality it is about 5 minute drive from the real town centre and taxis are very cheap. What was a bigger issue for me was the internet. I do not think it is acceptable that a modern 5 star hotel does not have wireless – but this is the case for Hyatt. The wired connection is not free (12 EUR for 24 H) but it has a decent speed . Still, this in my opinion is something they could really improve.

On the positive side – rooms are very big and nice. Beds are comfortable. Washroom comes with all needed amenities. I tried the room service twice and bot times the food was excellent. However, the most positive aspect for this hotel is their staff! Very professional, friendly, always willing to take the extra step to make you feel at home.

Overall – a positive experience to be repeated!

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel have a nice view of the mountains and a lake.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Koit
HyattRegencyDushanbe, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you very much for posting the review on Trip Advisor and giving positive feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our rooms while being in our hotel. Also thank you for commending our staff, I will definitely share your kind feedback with the hotel team and I am confident these will further motivate and guide them in their efforts to exceed guests' expectations. Unfortunately, our guests rooms do not have wireless facility at the moment, however we are working on it and currently providing wireless device which gives the possibility to access Internet wirelessly. I do apologize that our associates did not offer this option upon your arrival and I will make sure to bring their attention to this point.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should your travel plan brings you to the city.

Vienna, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe at the end of January for business. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there; the hotel is nicely plush and functional. I loved the decor; its modern and cheerful, with beautiful Central Asian motifs woven in. The Bar was nice (I did not care for smokers though) and I enjoyed a massage at the spa (they misplaced my original reservation, but re-booked it immediately). However the most memorable part of my stay at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe was the kindness of the hotel employees. The staff there is hard-working, very polite, helpful... and just nice. Front desk employees, waiters at the Lounge and at the Bar, security people without an exception were cheerful and always ready to help, to answer questions, etc. I especially enjoyed my interactions with people working at the breakfast buffet (which was tasty and abundant). The manager, Behruz, would always greet us and chat with us and make sure that our drink orders are tended to and then we had a really sweet waitress, Soniya, who surprised my colleague and I once by some creative "cappuccino art" (she had our names spelled in the foam). To sum things up: the hotel is a really nice, elegant Hyatt, but its staff is what makes it truly outstanding.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AcidRaine
HyattRegencyDushanbe, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Dushanbe, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Let me thank you for posting a positive review on Trip Advisor. It is nice to learn you had comfortable and memorable stay in our hotel. I will share your kind comments with hotel colleagues and I am sure it will further motivate and guide them to exceed guests' expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back if your travel plans bring you back to Dushanbe.