“Decent 4 star hotel near "Aloy" bazar (market) in Tashkent”
Review of Ramada Tashkent

Ramada Tashkent
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Tashkent
New Jersey
“Decent 4 star hotel near "Aloy" bazar (market) in Tashkent”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Overall, this is a nice hotel, I can give it 4 stars. It is also known as a former Hotel Leningrad or former Park Turon. Location is not the best, but it is OK. It is located about 5-10 min by car or 25 min walk to the famous "Alaiskii bazar" (central market) and subway station Abdula Kodiriy - taxi cost 3000 sym (about $1), or about 15 min by car to Amir Timur square (the center of Tashkent with another subway station) - taxi cost about 5000-6000 sym (about $1.75-2). The staff at the Hotel speaks English and deals with things professionally. Pretty clean inside, in the lobby and in the room. The room was spacious, bed was comfortable, bathroom clean. The water pressure in the shower could have been better, but tolerable. The breakfast was included, and it was of a reasonable quality: a few hot dishes, like porridge, fried sausages, eggs, steamed veggies, and a bunch of stuff like bread, fruits, and cold cuts (kielbasa, cheese, ham). Coffee and tea was provided in the room. Room had an electrical kettle, flat screen TV, a safe, complementary wi-fi in the room and lobby worked well. The coffee they provide in the rooms and at breakfast is an instant coffee, unfortunately. But this is a standard in Tashkent. The price was OK (comparing to the international/western prices for this hotel level, of course).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Vitaly P
Varun D, Owner at Ramada Tashkent, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are highly thankful to you for writing this review for our hotel. Its indeed a pleasure to know that you were satisfied by our services like accommodation, food and other amenities.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future to provide you with improved and better services.

Thank you once again for your generous comments.

Team Ramada Tashkent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 January 2014

the property was named as, park turon now ramada. the rooms are ok, hotel needs a bit renovation, location is good. they have an indian chef who cooks good...breakfast is decent , staff was indian and helping at times...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank anujdubey
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay with us! I appreciate the details you have outlined. The hotel,indeed, is strategically located to most business & tourist attractions of Tashkent.
We thank you for your compliments on our food offerings.Your comments regarding renovation is already in consideration.
Me & my team look forward to welcoming you to Ramada Tashkent, should your travel get you back to Tashkent.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks for my business trip to Taskent. First, this hotel had only been a part of the Ramada chain for about four months at the time, so they still obviously were experiencing some growing pains. The biggest issue that I encountered was that, even though the travel agency guaranteed the room with an AX corporate card, the hotel did not take AX cards as Form Of Payment. The travel agency later advised that no FOP limitations were displayed on the hotel's profile, so I just walked into this situation blind. I would expect this situation at a locally owned hotel, but not a hotel belonging to an international chain. Needless to say, this issue caused quite a problem at check-out. However, Mr Fakhriddin Khujaav (Rooms Division Manager) recognized the problem, graciously arranged transportation to banks, and personally accompanied me to these institutions until I was able to access cash to pay the hotel bill. This effort was honestly a very high level of customer service. Fakhriddin explained that AX was not accepted at any hotel in Uzbekistan, but that they are working on changing that policy. Another issue was that, even though my travel itinerary had a confirmation number, the hotel had no record of the reservation in their system. But at check-in, the Duty Manager very professionally booked the room for my three-week stay, at the agreed rate.
But the overall stay was very pleasant. The entire hotel staff was very friendly. The room was up to middle-of-the-road business travel standards, except that the room WiFi seemed to have a greater than average number of disconnections. The mattress was a bit too firm, and the thermostat apparently was stuck on one temperature. I think that the hotel has the basics in place to ultimately become a desired hotel for business travelers, but should work aggressively to fine-tune its overall service to avoid the previously mentioned situations/conditions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PhiloBeddoe53
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that our Friendly staff, Rooms & service highlighted your stay experience with us.Please do accept our sincere regrets for the inconvenience you faced at the time of check-in, your valuable feedback has been shared with the concerned team and we assure you of stringent measures in place to avoid such situations in future.

We hope to see you again in the near future and would be delighted to welcome you back.

Faridabad, India
Reviewed 19 December 2013

the hotel is so centrally located that you find that every important place is nearby. After a long tiring flight i reached the hotel quickly as its not far. I had booked rooms in advance- without any hassles i was ushered into my room in just 10 mins.
The room was very clean and smelled really nice. I flopped down on my bed and slept soundly, as the beds are so nice and soft!
the bathroom looked really clean too and hot water was also available without any any hassles!

The breakfast menu had a lot of choice in terms of Indian food and the food was simply amazing! I specially came back to the hotel to take my lunch and then went back on my business!

the indoor pool was also very neat and clean, so i had a dip and enjoyed it very much.

I went on a business trip but there was so much at the hotel to keep me engaged- the spa, gym, pool and ofcourse the food! It turned out to be an amazing holiday actually.

i definitely recommend this hotel to all and whenever i go to uzbekistan again, i always plan to stay here! May be next time I ll go with family on holiday!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting such a a great review of your stay with us.
At Ramada Tashkent, we know that the little things mean everything. We strive to offer an unparalleled experience for all our our guests and it is truly heartwarming to read your feedback and know that you found our services to be exemplary.

The team enjoyed reading your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed in Ramada hotel last week. I emailed the hotel to book a room for few days, when I arrived at Ramada, I found out that they didn’t receive my email. The Duty Manager Mr Sirojiddin Haydarov was very professional. He welcomed me and my son and gave us a very good room. He arranged us taxi services, take away meals and late checkout. Thank you Mr. Sirojiddin Haydarov!!!
We travel as a family quite often and have visited many countries in the last few years, but I have never had such a wonderful experience like at Ramada hotel in Tashkent. The staff were very helpful, room was clean and the swimming pool/sauna was in excellent condition.
We plan to visit Tashkent in the near future and will be definitely staying in this hotel again.
I recommend Ramada Tashkent hotel to anyone who is looking for a great hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nargiz24
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

What a delightful review to read, It is heartwarming to read of your accolades for the service we provide here.

Our team endeavour to deliver a level of service that is customised to the needs of each of our guests, so your feedback gives us pride for the work that we do and is also such an encouragement for all of us. Sirojiddin thanks your for your appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Frankly speaking this hotel doesn't give you the feel of "Ramada" co. The location is good and even the rooms are average. Swimming and Spa is something that you'll love it there. The staff and service was awful. We were not provided good breakfast and dinner.

I won't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank vishlion
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for a less than a satisfactory experience. We strive to create memorable experiences for all of our guests and it is disappointing whenever we do not meet expectations.

I regret that there are opportunities in which we failed to provide you with the services that you would expect from us. We take your comments seriously and are working towards creating a better overall experience. With a view towards continuous improvement, your feedback has been shared with the team to ensure that we consistently deliver an efficient and customised level of service to all our guests.

We would very much appreciate the chance to restore your faith in us and I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back soon and experience seamless service standards.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed in This Hotel with a group and I was Tour Leader. Stay and services are very Good. It is completely value to money.Front Office is very quick to revert and react on issues to solve them, I am specially Thankful to Mr Sirojiddin Khaydarov (Duty Manager, Ramada Tashkent) for express checkin and late check out. he is easily understand the requirement of guest with his experience and always have solution. I appreciate his professionalism. Thank you to Mr Haffeez, (Front Office, Ramada Tashkent) for helping us and supporting us.... It is truly a 4 Star Plus Hotel and have professional staff in all sections: Front Office, F&B, Housekeeping, Security etc. For Indians good news is WI-Fi is complimentary, Indian Breakfast is available

Room Tip: I have stayed in all the Hotels of City. If you are looking for a real 4 Star Hotel, then Undoubted...