“Tucked away in a quiet part of Tashkent”
Review of Hotel Sayram

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tashkent
Hotel Sayram
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Tashkent
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is tucked away up a quiet road south of the city centre. There was a supermarket and a metro station within 10-15mins walk. Rooms were nice and clean, and modern, and the hotel had a nice little restaurant downstairs with a good choice of meals. Staff were very helpful and reception were happy to change money at a decent rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsKirbs

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We have booked a room for 19 October 2012 directly with hotel 3 weeks in advance. A taxi driver at the airport had warned us that the hotel is "locked out", but we couldn't believe that and went to check. When we arrived, we faced a sign "remont" (closed for reconstruction). There was no evidence of works going on and angry-looking security guy just showed he wouldn't let us in with no explanation. We had to search through entire Tashkent in the middle of the night as all of reasonably priced central places have been fully booked. That was a terrible experience for us.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank neokizer
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Charming hotel but rooms are small. Reception helpful and will change money. Out of the way in charming residential neighborhood. Close to excellent jumanji restaurant. Will pack a lunch if you have an early plane

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I really can't comment on the location I'm afraid (hence the 3 stars) as I was picked up at the airport and only stayed on my way through to Samarkand. However, in terms of quality of the hotel itself, I can highly recommend it. I was on the 7th floor (and glad of that having just noticed a comment about noise on the ground floor) and my room was spotless and very comfortable. Coffee, tea and mineral water are all provided and breakfast was good - complete with Inspector Rex in Russian. The area is quiet and quite pretty. Nice to hear birds in the morning instead of traffic. I'll be staying for one night again in my way back and if anything changes I'll post a review. Overall, I'd check on the access to transport and if it's available and easy I'd upgrade the stars to 4.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank janebieger
Reviewed 18 August 2012

good location, although taxis find it hard to find and so its important to set off with the hotel's telephine number.
Reasonable price value relationship for Tashkent.
Clean.
Has friendly staff and decent breakfast

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Nice modern hotel - fantastic bathroom. Very clean. Ordinary buffet breakfast. Don't accept a room on the ground floor - wish I'd changed it but partner hates making a fuss. The lobby is incredibly noisy and they don't shut the connecting door. It is a little far from the metro but it is within walking distance - 15 mins. It is quite hard to find - even the taxi we took from the station had problems (btw don't pay the extra they try to insist on because they couldn't find the place!!). I feel that the reception could produce a map with the exact location of the hotel on it for the guests - the 'I think we're here but I can't remember' from the receptionist isn't very pro! It takes a little time to get your bearings.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We had a pickup from the airport, otherwise might be hard to find. Location is not perfect, but if you don't mind a bit of a walk to the metro (or if you have a car) it's great. Decent breakfast, about as good as you'll get in Uzbek.

• Stayed: July 2012