“True value for money”

Lotte City Hotel Tashkent Palace
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Tashkent
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is simple hotel. From outside you will not find it so beautiful but Rooms are good , clean, spacious. Restaurant is good. it does serves indian food. Hotel Staff is very helpful and mannered. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It has swimming pool also.

Room Tip: Front View or Pool side
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Upendramp
Lika267, sales executive at Lotte City Hotel Tashkent Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Upendrump,

Thank you for your nice comments and we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We spent two nights at this fine hotel with a few days interval. The location is excellent, the commen area impressive and the hotel staff were very attentive and polite although they gave us a wrong direction to get to the centre of the city. Our room was excellent and breakfast was fine. We had dinner at the restaurant (hefty prices) and were surprised how inexpert the service was. The waiter apparently could not believe that we wanted a whole bottle of wine and his twiddling with the glasses was a bit comic. Overall though, an excellent hotel.

1  Thank Thordur H

Dear Thordur H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you liked our location. Your suggestions will be taken in order to increase our service level. Hope to welcome you back soon again,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I must start by dismissing all the previous BAD reviews about this hotel. I based my decision on those bad reviews and stayed at a different hotel on my arrival in Tashkent, and what a shame!!!!
Fortunately on my return trip I stayed for a night at the Tashkent Palace and what luxury! To start with the hotel is only 15 minutes away from the international airport. Since we left the next morning I am not sure how close or far it is from the city.

I am told that the hotel was closed for a month and that it is under new management.
Whatever happened, the transformation is magnificent and hence strike off all previous reviews - they don't count - especially the negative ones!

The staff were friendly, courteous and spoke English. Check-in was smooth, rapid and painless. The common areas of the hotel resembles a plush luxury European hotel with a piano bar and everything looks elegant and stylish - even the huge arrangement in the glass enclosure in the lobby.

The room and bathroom was spacious enough and spotlessly clean, elegantly decorated and the BED - the best I had slept in, in all of Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. (If you are visiting these two countries let it be known that in general all mattresses are like slate boards - no exceptions except for the soft mattress at this hotel). The linen was clean, fresh and crisp and the fluffy down comforter was much appreciated. I had gotten accustomed to the thread bare towels on my travels here and was delighted to see the plush soft fresh towels in the bathroom.

We had a very early morning flight and were provided with coffee and tea and crisp croissants at the piano bar at 4.45 AM - what service!! Our friends who had a later flight were able to enjoy the breakfast and I am told that it was absolutely fabulous. I wouldn't doubt it from what I had experienced.

The intent of this review is again, to dismiss all previous bad reviews, because I made the wrong decision based on them. I enjoyed my stay at the luxurious Tashkent Palace and would only wish that other travelers to Tashkent will read this and book at this hotel. I absolutely and highly recommend this hotel.

4  Thank kayshu01

Dear Kayshu01,

It is an honor to get a comment like yours! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us; it is our goal to give our guest the most comfortable and enjoyable stay possible while staying in our Hotel. Thank you also for your comments about our breakfast-we appreciate it! We hope to welcome you back soon again,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you can afford it this is the place to stay. Very attentive service - despite what others say - and very plush comfortable rooms and public areas. Excellent breakfast.

Well located opposite the opera house and within 15 - 20 minutes walk of decent restaurants (and the Irish Pub)

1  Thank David866

Dear David 866,

Thank you so much for your nice review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Tashkent Palace hotel is a large city hotel in a good location. It is essentially characterless, but its good-sized rooms are comfortable and appropriate for a short stay. It is extremely well staffed, but staff could show a little more empathy with arriving visitors. It would not have taken much imagination to have advised us, arriving in the early morning, straight off the plane after an overnight journey and a very short night that the breakfast room was open.

Breakfasts are good, but we would not hurry to eat other meals in the hotel restaurant again. Our appearance in the evening seeking food seemed to take the staff by surprise. They were able to fulfil only a small part of the extensive menu: traditional dishes required two hours waiting time. Service was adequate but not particularly fast, and the meal was overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing away from the square
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David F
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel was well decorated inside and out, almost luxurious. Elevators, air-conditioning and television worked. The nice-sized pool part of the spa was clean with circulating water, showers and towels. The hotel room was well-proportioned, the sink vanity was large enough for our cosmetic and toiletry bags. The water was hot. WI-FI and a computer were available. The gift shop was opened late and the salesperson helpful. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Only surprise was that the food was not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the seventh floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Harriet M
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My first room in this Soviet Style Ripoff Hotel had a lovely view of the emergency escape ladder (avoid all rooms ending in -18); numbers 2 and 3 suffered from no air conditioning, though I was assured it worked though no one from the front desk or maintenance was willing to accompany me to the offending spaces to be sure. At number 4 I was accorded an 'upgrade'. This 'upgrade' consisted of a somewhat larger room with equally damaged furniture, one large bed and one smaller bed, holes drilled into the floor through the carpeting (dirty, stained and worn thin anyway), one window that would not close which ensured that the room would be filled with a variety of flying insects (mostly moths), a decent sized bath room and a shower that did not work though the front desk assured me that it did though no one from the front desk or the maintenance team - was there one? - was willing to come to the room to see if I were right or wrong.

I took that room, because, in truth, by then I was tired of wheeling my bag from space to space and floor to floor. But for the flutter of insect wings throughout the night, I slept reasonably well on a mattress that, luckily, was not produced in the same cement plant that the mattress in the first room apparently stemmed from.

There is a swimming pool and a gym which some of my friends used.

There must be better accommodations than this in Tashkent - try to find them.

Room Tip: Don't settle for the first room - there will certainly be something wrong with it. The last of m...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends