I love this hotel as it is the best in Tashkent. You will not regret you decided to stay here! I personally stayed there five or six times. Location is good, beds are comfortable and there is warm water. Internet is good when it works. If it is down in the evening, they can't fix it until next 9am when their providers' employees come back to their office. Usually it was not a problem - it only didn't work a couple of times. Breakfast is rather good.
Employees are trying hard to be of help as much as they could. However, there are a lot of little issues that need attention of management:
1. They are very short on safes in this hotel:). When I arrive, there is usually no safe in the room although it should be. When asked, they bring one. Sometimes it does not work and they have to look in other rooms for a free safe. Management, could you buy a few new safes please!!! Every time the same thing.
2. Bring your own shampoo and shower gel. These offered in this Radisson smell like something you wouldn't usually apply on your body. Perhaps they could consider changing their supplier?
3. Hot water... If you expect it to be hot, I am sorry - it is just warm. Probably it is a very "green" hotel. Never gets got enough for comfortable shaving.
4. Staff forgets and mixes up things. Be patient. On one of my stays they woke me up three nights in a row at 3 a.m. by mistake. First by phone and then by hammering on my door. First night it was funny, then it was kind of funny and on the third night I was a little disappointed as in the previous morning they really promised that it will never happen again:).
5. Communication within the team needs improvement. If you asked for something in the morning to be done in the evening, good chances it will not be done. Repeat it and make sure you follow up and check. I asked for sauna to be turned on twice, got a confirmation but did not check myself. They message got lost on its way.
6. Restaurant is overpriced compared to local price level, which is typical for Radissons, I guess. No vegan meals and only a couple that could pass for vegetarians. Still, you will find alternatives around with much lower price and much better selection.
7. Little funny things like toilet paper always hanging into the trash bin or short (for me, I am 185cm) shower hose are not a problem but are still funny.
Overall I am happy staying there and planning to return again when I travel to Tashkent. Just wanted to share a few things to note for travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Tashkent is a cozy 4-star property ideally located at the heart of Tashkent's Financial District. The hotel is within walking distance to the International Business Center, National Bank of Uzbekistan Headquarters, UzExpoCenter and the Tashkent TV Tower. Make our Radisson Blu Hotel your Tashkent residence! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Tashkent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Tashkent
- Tashkent Radisson