“" Great hotel" ”
Review of Grand Mir Hotel

Grand Mir Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Tashkent
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a night in room 512 for our wedding anniversary. Prior to arriving I had requested a quiet high floor room. Check in was really quick and easy, we had arrived a bit early but it was no problem and we were allowed straight up to our room. We had a King sized room on the 7th floor, away from the lifts and it was fantastic. The room was really clean, the bed was huge, the view out the floor to ceiling window was stunning and the bathroom was gorgeous with a huge bath and shower. Staff were lovely, welcoming us and wishing us happy anniversary, very touching! A beautiful room with views to match. Good view of the city . We went up to the restaurant on the 8th floor! The view from the restaurant was amazing, fantastic service and fantastic food.Each dish was a piece of art and tasted even better than it looked. We were well looked after and also got a quick tour of the kitchen at the end of our visit. Truly impressive! The best part is the large pool for a hotel you can actually have a good swim with out getting dizzy, swim in the pool , sauna and jacuzzi in the morning started our day well. Then a breakfast to end our stay- beautiful, a fantastic range of breakfast buffet items on offer and included variety of fresh and conserved fruits , cheeses, meats, smoked salmon, cereals, breads & pastries as well as the traditional cooked items. On a positive note all the staff we encountered: Reception, Concierge, Leisure Centre, Restaurant, Cleaner were all extremely friendly, helpful and efficient.
One of the best hotel , we will be back we love The Grand Mir Hotel

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Timothy D

Reviewed 8 August 2013

to be honest, this hotel is not a bad surprise in this part of the world. Quite near by the airport, reception is speaking english and smily.
the restaurant on the top is expensive for the country but delicious
all is not perfect but it is really OK

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank georges d
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Dear Dr. Mukaddas, I want to thank you first for your recommendation to stay in Grand Mir hotel it was hotel,Very good sieves, very clean room and very kind staff, I had 5 nights in this hotel and I would like to thank very one working there and if I will visit Tashkent one more time defiantly I will stay one more time in this hotel, thanks.
Amer Samara
Country sales manager
Pharma international company.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Upon arrival, I left my lugage at lobby and headed to dine. Upon return, lugagge not in the room, so had to call to have it brought. Despite booking a silent room, my room faced the avenue and sqaure below the hotel, when ask for a change, not possible, only Jr suites available but more expensive. When wanting to take a shower at midnight after dining, no hot water and have to call twice the service guys. All in all, too complicated for a supposed 5 stars hotel. Won't come again. For TA travelers, better choose flawless Sayram hotel where I stayed last time, unfortunately closed due to renovation while in Tashkent.

Room Tip: If you want noiseless rooms, ask for rooms not facing the square below the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Carlos_Barcelona
HotelGrandmir, Director of Sales at Grand Mir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Mr. Carlos_Barcelona!
Thank You for Your review about Grand Mir Hotel.
It's a pity that all you have mentioned is happened at Grand Mir Hotel and I was surpised to read it because it's not our standard of service. Your comment will surely help us to increase our service and booking standards.
We feel really sorry if You felt uncomfortable and will be waiting for Your next visit to have chance to change your opinion about Grand Mir Hotel.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed here for four nights during an exhibition. Due to flight schedules I arrived and left at abnormal times - the staff were not phased.
Whilst talking about flight schedules Tashkent airport is, at best, chaos. Allow at least 2 hours to both enter and leave the country.
Back to the hotel. Try the roof top restaurant - the chicken wings are brilliant as is the sashlik.
I will certainly come here again. Its well situated for all the tourist sights as well as the business areas

Room Tip: Take a front facing room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian L

Dear Ian L,
Thank You for Your review! Grand Mir Hotel team is trying to do its best to meet the needs of all guests and for this reason we are on our way to increase our service standards. Restaurant Harem Terrace, which You have mentioned, has become much more attractive place after opening second terrace with 5 summerhouses with LED TVs and even more comfortable set up. We really hope that You will enjoy beautiful Tashkent evening at our new summerhouses.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel and I have to say, the management and staff are wonderful. I had a car problem, and the manager went out of his way to fix it. I also needed information about border crossings and fuel availability, and he personally rang the embassy to attain this information. He spoke perfect English, as did many of the staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Yellowjoshua

Dear Yellowjoshua,
Each Grand Mir Hotel guest is very dear for our team. Grand Mir Hotel's staff love to help guests, because they enjoy to see happiness on guest's face. Our aim was to make You feel confident, comfortable, safe and happy with Grand Mir Hotel. We will be waiting for You and Your guests at Grand Mir Hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I travel a lot, especially in Central Asia and stayed in Tashkent many times. Usually coming 5-6 times per year. In the past I used to stay in many different hotels, represented by such famous chains like Radisson, Intercontinental, Le Meridian and Sheraton. In 2007 my secretary booked me a room at Grand Mir Hotel and I fell in love with this place! So it has been 5 years already I am choosing only Grand Mir Hotel during my trips to Tashkent. As a businessman I am always looking for long-term relationships, even when it comes to such secondary or even tertiary things, like selecting hotels. I never judge or express opinions about things like quality or reliability, unless I use a service or work with a partner long enough to be 100% confident. After 5 years of “partnership” with Grand Mir I can say with assurance – Grand Mir is the hotel I can trust. Keep it up guys!
What is so special in it for me? Service-wise Grand Mir is not behind, I would say equal and even ahead of Tashkent hotels, like, for example, Intercontinental and Dedeman Silkroad, despite the fact it’s an independent hotel and has no chain affiliations. I feel like hotel really cares about guests. My colleagues are joining me during trips sometimes and when we come to Grand Mir, me and my colleagues are receiving the same warm welcome and recognition. Staff always recognizes me whenever I come and greet by name, it means a lot for me. They somehow keep a good record of what I prefer and what I don’t like. It may sound funny: I always receive an Email from the hotel before I come, asking which car I would like to have for pickup this time: Jeep or light vehicle? They know it depends on my mood for the trip! Staff, their care and attention to my needs made me love Grand Mir, not interior or exterior, not prices and rates.
Of course, sometimes, but very rarely, minor mistakes happened during my stays, like delayed laundry or toilet supplies not refilled on time. I understand that all of us – we are human beings. The truth is who doesn’t make any mistakes – doesn’t do anything in reality. At Grand Mir Hotel they don’t close eyes on such incidents – they will make sure that problem was resolved to my satisfaction and even beyond expectations. What is more, the same incidents never happened more than once. I remember once general manager himself called me to follow up with the problem resolution and invited for a tea.

Frankly, I would highly recommend this hotel for every business traveler!

Kim Jong Il

Room Tip: - Street view rooms offer the best view - If speed of Internet connection is a matter of first prio...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business