“Family Trip to Turkey”

Istanbul Stopover Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #730 of 1,576 Tours in Turkey
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I'm writing this review a little late but still wish to let others know about our wonderful holiday to Turkey in July.
I was finding hard finding a company who would take our requests seriously and not push their set itineraries onto us. Finally I read about Istanbul Stopover Tours in our newspaper. I contacted their office in Istanbul and with luck Gaye was visiting Melbourne (Australia) and we got in touch. She even came to my home to help me plot out where we would be going, good sights to see and what maybe could be cut out. She was always easily contacted via email is there was anything else we wanted to do.
We had already booked our accommodation prior to engaging Gaye to help us. This didn't cause any problems despite the fact that she and her partners run the Hotel Ayasofya.
Our tour was exclusively for us with good drivers who made sure we were fine and happy with how things were going.
We visited Gallipolli, Pergamon, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Cirali, Antalya, Cappadocia
As part of the tour we had the pleasure of experiencing a "village" stay. What a wonderful time we had. We were welcomed so warmly and the hospitality which was lavished on us was incredible. The food! So much of it. We managed to communicate will help from Gaye and Ceyhun. We were given equivalent Turkish names which we still use amongst ourselves. The guys went off to the 'tea' house while we girls helped out in the kitchen. The next day we went to look over their farm then visited another village in another valley, stopping en route at a little roadside market. We visited a cemetery of a prophet, a very interesting mosque and also a very unique home. It was very sad to part and keep going on our tour.
We felt very privileged to have been welcomed into the home of our village hosts.
We covered a lot of ground and we were delighted with the whole tour planned by Istanbul Stopover Tours. Thanks Gaye , Erdal and Ceyhun.

3  Thank RandPL

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I travelled with a group of 11 other women on a 14 day tour around the south western area of this wonderful country. Gaye from Ayasofya hotel had organised the tour exclusively for us. Our tour guide Huseyin Aydin accompanied us throughout the tour and was a wealth of information. Some places we visited were Ephesus, Pamukkale, Cappadocia among others. But It was the experiences such as a mud bath, hot air ballooning, sailing and swimming the Meditteranean, walking through ancient ruins that remain as memories to be cherished. The tour was extremely well organised thanks to a team of professional and experienced people who have the best interests of their clients at heart.

2  Thank Travelfreak2112
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We wanted a short tour of some specific sites in Turkey but not on an large organized bus trip. We came across this travel agency when booking accommodation at the Ayasofya Hotel in Istanbul. Gaye made suggestions and we ended up with a 6 day itinerary including Ephesus, Pamukkale, Cappadocia, Antalya, etc. We were a little apprehensive initially as travel between locations was on public transport (plane, bus) and prearranged contacts with mini tour guides had to occur. However everything ran like clockwork, hotels were perfect, tour groups were small and guides very knowledgeable, and the bus transport enjoyable. Erdal in Istanbul talked us through the itinerary before we started and gave us his 24 hour contact no in case of problems but it was not required.
All in all it was a fantastic way of visiting what we wanted to see without the hassle of large bus groups.

2  Thank TrishB2013
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was travelling on my own in Turkey and with only a few days available I wanted to visit Ephesus and Cappadocia. I had left it till the last minute but Gaye and her staff at Istanbul Stopover Tours were fantastic. They are very knowledgeable and helpful without being pushy and arranged all flights, transfers and accommodation as well as tours of Ephesus, Pamukkale, Priene, Didyma and Cappadocia. A fantastic and memorable few days! Everything went like clockwork, the accommodation was elegant, welcoming and comfortable and all the tour guides spoke very good English. And having visiting the Ayasofya Hotel where Istanbul Stopover Tours is based, I definitely know where I will stay next time I visit Istanbul! Highly recommended.

3  Thank Kirsten H
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was the second time Istanbul Stopover Tours had arranged a short tour for me and once again I was very impresssed by the efficiency and attention to detail they showed. My three day trip to the Cappadocia region was very good. I flew from Istanbul to Nevsehir airport and returned to Istanbul from Kayseri airport. All flights, transfers, etc. went well and the accommodation in Goreme (in a typical cave hotel) was very good. The hotel had only just opened so there was a some building work still happening but once this is completed the accommodation will be excellent. The views from the terraces are just wonderful.

Istanbul Stopover Tours arranged a Sunrise Balloon Flight for me and that was marvellous. If you are thinking about this flight, it's best to try for the first opportunity available as sometimes the flights don't happen because of weather conditions. If you plan for the first opportunity, and it dooesn't happen, there is always the next day!

Also arranged for me were two day trips to see the attractions of the area. These were by mini bus with a small group of people and well informed guides. Again, very good,

Istanbul Stopover Tours can arrange short tours to fit in with other travel plans so there is plenty of flexibility available which is important when time in Turkey is limited.

1  Thank janetmkidd