I chose this hotel because I'd stayed on this street (Akbiyik Caddesi) some 8 years before.
It's a great location for restaurants and for sight-seeing (75% of the top sights in Istanbul are within 10-15 minutes walk, such as Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Mosaic Museum, Topkapi Palace), and the Sultanahmet Tram stop is close as well for getting further afield (such as Grand Bazaar or Bosphorus Boat Trip).
We stayed here for 5 nights; there are only 14 rooms, the restaurant serves a decent breakfast including made-to-order omelettes, and also evening meals.
There is a small 3-person lift, otherwise the stairs are a very tight spiral.
The room was very spacious, a very comfortable bed.
There was no noise from the street outside.
The TV has over 100 channels, with BBC World in English as Channel 1.
There was a refrigerator/mini-bar in the room, all mineral water was free, but there was no ice.
The room had 3 chairs and a sofa (one of the chairs appeared to convert into a single sofabed).
There was an electronic safe in the room (at no extra charge).
The sides of the bath were a bit high, I guessed at 22 inches / 55 cm, perhaps difficult for those with restrictions on hip movement when stepping in/out of the shower.
For some reason we didn't get offered the omelettes on the last 2 days.
There isn't a swimming pool, but there was a spa and health club in the basement.
There was a roof terrace - nice to sit and drink up there in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Istanbul Art De Vivre!Located at he heart of Istanbul between Europe and Asia, the GLK PREMIER Regency Suites Hotel & Spa commands an extensive view of a relatively small area that has nonetheless witnessed 2000 years of the history of some of the richest civilisations humanity has ever known: Ancient, Greece the Roman Empire, The Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire!It is only a few steps from the Blue Mosque, Saint Sophie and Topkapi Palace. The hotel, a lovely mansion built in 1905, is a listed historic monument today. The elegance of its origin is still amply visible in the neo-classical moulding on the facade and the solid wood or beige Bursa granite floors. Numerous details and features in the house bear witness to a world of such sophistication that its sultans are portrayed holding a flower.The hotel's rugs, like the motifs on the walls, seem to have stepped straight out of the Topkapi Palace.As century old traditions require, the hammam of the GLK PREMIER Regency Suites Hotel & Spa features a suite of three rooms with different functions: hot room, warm room and cool room.The hotel is equally dedicated to maintaining state-of-the-art international hotel standards, which rather than detracting from its historic past, leave its guests free to savour and appreciate this heritage.In this way, the GLK PREMIER Regency Suites Hotel & Spa distils the quintessence of Istanbul's distinctive lifestyle, particularly from its 16 suites:the dome of the Blue Mosque surrounded by six slender minarets, the monotonous chant of the muezzin, the enchanting hush that reigns over the city in the morning, the sweetly scented Topkapi Park, the view of Bosphorous or the Marmara Sea on which the Prince's Islands seem almost to float or its mouth-watering exotic cuisine, etc. The justly dubbed 'Golden Horn', which the hotel overlooks, sumptuously sums up the inexhaustible wealth of this matchless location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Splitty, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GLK PREMIER Regency Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Regency Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Premier Regency Suites And Spa
- Best Western Premier Hotel
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western