“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GLK PREMIER Regency Suites & Spa
Ranked #49 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Small and cosy hotel in a center of old Istanbul. We had executive suite with king bed and sofabed. Additionaly there was armchair-bed to accommodate our little one. Room big enough for two adults and two kids.
Breakfast is good on my point of view. Actually Akbiyik street full of restaraunts and cafe, but best meal we had in our hotel.
Can't say enough about hotel personnel. For us it was like staying with family.
Everyone in the hotel helpfull and childfriendly.
Definately best hotel in terms of personnel attitude I have stayed so far.
I wish to thank everyone and and of cause advise that hotel to family and couple stay especially.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zjafarov

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a short break in Istanbul, never having visited the city before. It was a wonderful experience, which was helped a lot by our choice of hotel (after consulting trip advisor). It is exactly what it says on the tin. A good three star hotel. very clean. very very good location, especially if it is your first time in Istanbul and you want to walk to the main sights like the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace - literally minutes away by walking. Yet nice and quiet at night so we slept very well. We ate in other restaurants in the street where the hotel is situated on two nights - where the food ranged between not good and standard. But our most pleasant surprise was the quality of food here at the hotel where we ate on our last night. Really tasty and unbelievably good value for money. If we had known I think we would have eaten at the hotel every night.
We used the service the hotel offers to get from airport to hotel and vice versa and we were glad we did as the traffic in Istanbul is no joke - and although the service was not cheap (although not over expensive either) it was reliable and efficient.
We would recommend this hotel and we would use it again. I am giving this hotel a 5 star rating even though the en suite in our room (ground floor) had a drain problem which the management knew about but were waiting for the off-season to fix. I understand the reasoning but it didn't enhance our stay and it would have been a problem if we were using the room for any length of time.
But this doesn't take away from my huge appreciation for the staff who were gracious and helpful and professional. An example to other hotels as to how to work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Frequentflyer00
Wollerau, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We are regular visitors to Istanbul and always stay in a different hotel which offers a good rate. What we experienced in the Best Western Permier Hotel exceeded all our expectations. Turkish people are generally very friendly and helpful, but we never before received such a warm welcome. The nice fruitbasket, the free mineral water, the breakfast with many different turkish specialities and the very clean room was very much appreciated. All staff members tried their very best to make us happy. We don't hesitate to recommend this hotel to everybody.
There are many good hotels in Istanbul, but the extremly friendly staff makes it to a very special place where everybody likes to stay.
Herşey için çok teşekkür ederım.
Kathrin + Peter from Switzerland

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Marmara see - they are more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathrin R
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I originally went to Istanbul and met some friends who were already there. The Best Western they had booked into was already full, so I found a budget hotel close by in Sultanahmet just to be close to them thinking "how bad could it be?" Well, it was so bad the next morning I just knew I had to go somewhere else, but as it was a busy weekend almost everything was booked. I walked into this hotel and spoke to the very nice man at the front desk, and he said he had one room avail for one night, but then I would have to move to another room the next two nights as the room they wanted to put me in was occupied at the time. I was willing to do whatever just to get into someplace else, so booked and brought my bag over. The room was amazing... probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I've had with marble and tile in the bathroom, hardwood floors and a big luxurious bed, and it was a suite with 2 chairs and a TV in my main room. It had a nice view onto the main bustling street in Sultanahmet. The hotel has a wonderful rooftop deck with views of the sea of Marmara and both St. Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Can't think of a better place to enjoy a glass of wine at sunset.

I came back after that first night, and they had moved my bag to the new room for me and got me set up with the new room key. The staff was just first class all the way, checking in with me to make sure everything was okay, really friendly and greeting me at breakfast and as I returned to the hotel. Really just a first class place all the way.

It's expensive, but as I learned all hotels in Istanbul seem pretty pricey. This was about double a night that the budget place was, but worth every penny and then some as it was like going from a Motel 6 to the Bellagio.

Fantastic location... beautiful, big, clean, well appointed rooms... excellent, friendly service... rooftop deck... I will stay here again when next in Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ethan L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This is on a street filled with open air tourist restaurants so be prepared for the usual assault of guys pleading you to stop. Reminds me of the Plaka in Athens. Location is great. Minutes walk to everything except a long walk to the ferries. Very clean and unbelievable breakfast. Personnel very well trained. What made it exceptional was our room: 501. My wife is a smoker so we asked for a room with patio. They gave us what they call the Honeymoon Suite. Believe me we are 48 years from any honeymoon. Room is not huge by American standards but well appointed. The patio is large with a good view of street life as well as the sea and active ship traffic. Not sure I'd stay here again without the patio. I'd probably try something around the Four Seasons, now that I know the neighborhoods. BTW, if you have the bucks you should probably stay at FS. Beautiful and in quiet street minutes away from the Regency. Biz Cavahir hotel is on same street as FS and looks very nice.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick S
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and staff very friendly
We were a family of 4 and only issue that the room could have been a bit bigger
Breakfast is ok, could have more variety , but they always made cappuccino or espresso if you asked for
Highly recommended for a visit to Istanbul

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manado, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent welcome services, premium suite room and very very strategic location for Istanbul sightseeing.. This is my first visit in Turkey, and I got a right place to stay..
As a guest we can use free wifi, spa, and gym.
One word for this hotel: AMAZING!!!

Stayed October 2013