We chose this hotel entirely by chance and from the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome in an unobtrusive and very friendly way. The Best Western name meant that we were not expecting a family run hotel. Our rooms were exactly as described and very comfortable. The whole place was spotless and nothing was too much trouble. Mustafa and his colleagues at the front desk were a fount of knowledge about their city and organised us with maps, tours, transport and directions. Alper and his colleagues in the Restaurant/Bar were equally friendly and helpful. You definitely got the impression that this hotel is staffed by a team who work well together and get on well together.
It is perhaps not for the budget concious but was worth every penny to us as we fell into bed exhausted every night after sight seeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Istanbul Art De Vivre!Located at he heart of Istanbul between Europe and Asia, the GLK PREMIER Regency Suites Hotel & Spa commands an extensive view of a relatively small area that has nonetheless witnessed 2000 years of the history of some of the richest civilisations humanity has ever known: Ancient, Greece the Roman Empire, The Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire!It is only a few steps from the Blue Mosque, Saint Sophie and Topkapi Palace. The hotel, a lovely mansion built in 1905, is a listed historic monument today. The elegance of its origin is still amply visible in the neo-classical moulding on the facade and the solid wood or beige Bursa granite floors. Numerous details and features in the house bear witness to a world of such sophistication that its sultans are portrayed holding a flower.The hotel's rugs, like the motifs on the walls, seem to have stepped straight out of the Topkapi Palace.As century old traditions require, the hammam of the GLK PREMIER Regency Suites Hotel & Spa features a suite of three rooms with different functions: hot room, warm room and cool room.The hotel is equally dedicated to maintaining state-of-the-art international hotel standards, which rather than detracting from its historic past, leave its guests free to savour and appreciate this heritage.In this way, the GLK PREMIER Regency Suites Hotel & Spa distils the quintessence of Istanbul's distinctive lifestyle, particularly from its 16 suites:the dome of the Blue Mosque surrounded by six slender minarets, the monotonous chant of the muezzin, the enchanting hush that reigns over the city in the morning, the sweetly scented Topkapi Park, the view of Bosphorous or the Marmara Sea on which the Prince's Islands seem almost to float or its mouth-watering exotic cuisine, etc. The justly dubbed 'Golden Horn', which the hotel overlooks, sumptuously sums up the inexhaustible wealth of this matchless location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Ebookers, Agoda and HRS so you can book your GLK PREMIER Regency Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Regency Hotel Istanbul
- Best Western Premier Regency Suites And Spa
- Best Western Premier Hotel
- Best Western Istanbul
- Istanbul Best Western