“Small rooms, but good location”

Tulip By Molton Hotels
Ranked #365 of 1,148 Hotels in Istanbul
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Small rooms, but good location”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This hotel is small - rooms are fine for singles and maybe couples. Location is very good - 3 minutes to the subway, 5 minutes to Istiklal street. Breakfasts were good - an average choice, but good quality. There was even a piano playing, which felt a bit weird for breakfast :) anyway, it is a fine choice for business travel if you are on a budget.

PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Tulip By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a nice and remarkable experience in our lovely hotel.
We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 17 July 2012

3rd time at istanbul & 2nd time at pera tulip hotel, the hotel is really like my home at istanbul. it's very clean & very good located near the famous istiklal street , the staff is very friendly, a girl at the reception was very helpful & decent she always helps us at finding some places.
this time we had a larger standard room. the room size was good enough with tea & coffee facilities.
the food for breakfast was good, you have many choices:cheese, sausages, eggs, yogurt, cakes...
we haven't any complain with the hotel & maybe if i will visit istanbul again i will choose pera tulip hotel for a 3rd stay in istanbul

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank iskandar m
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Tulip By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Jordan
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel is Nice,Quiet and very well stiuated. It is in the middle of Istanbul few minute on foot to Taksim square 2 minutes to Lovely Istiklal Avenue. What is realy good about this Hotel is the Staff...they are all doing their best to make visitors feel better!! i advice this hotel especially for couples.

samer...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank samer H

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have stayed in tiny hotels all over the world, including those in London and New York. I don't care about having a large room, and I am also still in my 20's, which means I don't mind noise, etc. I also spend very little time in my hotel when I travel, so I'm really not very picky, as long as the hotel's location is good, it's comfortable and it's generally clean.

My 2 sisters and I stayed here this past week for a total of 5 nights. I live in Canada, and my sisters live in the UK. Between the three of us, we routinely travel all over North/South America, Europe and Asia.

The problem with this hotel is the fact that they *allow* you to purchase a room for 3 people (i.e. charge you extra for 3rd adult), but their rooms physically cannot fit 3. When you put in bedding for a 3rd bed in the room, there is no room to walk or put your luggage anywhere. My 2 sisters and I didn't have enough room to get ready in the mornings. I cannot imagine how a couple with a kid would survive! When I mentioned my issue to the manager, he made me feel like I was being "too American" in my view of hotels, and that this is just how big hotel rooms are in Europe.

My second unpleasant brush with management was when I discovered a bed bug in the room (I took a picture of it, and left it lying on the floor after I killed it, so I had evidence). I understand that bedbugs are a reality in today's travel-world. However, the last time I encountered the possibility of a bedbug in a hotel (that was in Mexico), the manager was so apologetic, and so scared -- he really did not want his hotel to be infested -- he personally came to my door with a pest control team to completely control the situation. He even sent us a doctor free-of-charge to answer any questions we may have re: bites/psychological discomfort.

On the contrary, when I called the management at Pera Tulip to tell them I had found a bug in the room and woken up with bites, he casually listened to my complaint, and then said he's send housekeeping upstairs as if this was completely normal. He didn't seem phased one bit, and in fact, gave me the impression that I shouldn't have bothered him for something this minute.

When housekeeping did come, they casually got rid of the bed bug remains with a tissue, quickly went through my belongings and sprayed Raid all over the room. Anyone who has any experience dealing with bedbugs would know that this is not how you control a bedbug problem! All clothing needs to be washed in extremely hot water, and pest control deals with the problem with more than just a few sprays of Raid!

I thought because of the room size, and the discomfort/inconvenience caused by the bed bug situation, they would offer us some compensation and ensure we return. Upon checkout, I realized that the only notice they gave us (again, very casually, and in a matter-of-fact way) was that they would be charging us in full for every single bottle of water we took out of the minibar.

I will never return to this hotel, mostly because of how unprofessional the staff is, all the way up to management!

Room Tip: Even the largest room cannot physically fit more than 2 adults.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank WorldfromToronto
, Front Office Manager at Tulip By Molton Hotels, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

First of all I am very sorry about the problems you have faced during your stay. Let me explain this that our hotel is located at hart of the city and room size may get little smaller to you. But I need to mention that we offered you a room change and changed your room to biggest room that we have. We have been as polite as we can to help you with any questions that you had.
We showed you about 5 rooms alternative before your room change.
I need to explain that our hotel is being protected and pesticide by professional medicate company. Your mentioned thing was only small flying bug may get from window.
Our housekeeping helped you upon your request for this matter.
I need to tell you that all of our personnel is dedicated and ready to help any question that our guests have. I need to mention that all of our team have been so polite on this situation.

Please be sure that our hotel does everything to make our guests happy.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Nice neighboorhood. Walking distance to istiklal cadessi and taksim square as well as shishan metro station. Very Good service. The rooms are well designed but small for those with big luggage or children. I would go there again!

• Stayed June 2012

We as a team try to do our best to make your stay enjoyable.
Some of our rooms are little smaller becouse we are hotel located at city center. Can you please send me e-mail and I will give you a good room for next time. My e-mail is fom@peratulip.com

Abdullah Mutlu
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 June 2012

we were happy to be staying in this hotel, the reception staff were great as well as the bell captain.
The rooms are small but nice and cosy, the cleaning is perfect and amenities are excellent.
the breakfast was very good and you even have a life pianist to entertain you !!
the location was great cause it was very near small restaurant and 5 min walk to pedestrian Istiklal street with nice cafes and shops.

Room Tip: both type of rooms are nice and calm. we had the a/c direct on the bed so we moved it to the other s...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We spent 4 nights there in May 2012. The location is on a busy small one way street which is a challenge when loading & unloading your bags, but is good to explore Istanbul on foot, being close to Istiklal St, bars & a metro station, however the rooms are very, very small, lobby small, even the elevators are so small that 2 people with cases fill it up!
Breakfast was basic continental style buffet, very minimalist.
They do have a good small bar in their Italian restaurant with reasonably priced drinks. The local Efes beer is excellent.
The front desk receptionists were not particularly helpful & one day we got back late afternoon and the room had not been cleaned. The bed was small & the duvet even smaller. Guess who got the covers at night!
Given that we chose this hotel based on other peoples comments & the rating we feel very disappointed. If your used to back packing & low level accomodation then this will be fine, but this is never a 4* hotel.

Room Tip: Don't know if any of the rooms are good??
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.