Pera Tulip
US$198
US$187
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Istanbul Golden City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$314
US$152
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$135
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$548
US$437
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationistiklal streetrooms are smallturkish bathgalata towerfirst floorindoor poolperfect locationspahammambeyoglu
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a Saturday and Sunday night. Unfortunately, after having dinner and returning to my room, the Saturday night music from the back of the hotel was so loud that I could not turn to sleep - until 03:00 AM, when (I guess) the license ended.
The room was well equipped (small, but I don't mind) and the layout of the interior (light, mirrors) gave me he impression that it was designed by someone who also designed brothel interiors (but I don't mind either).
The next night, I could sleep perfectly. Strange combination of experiences....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Ok, the location is very good, near to metro and close to good restaurant and bar for nightlife... But breakfast was very poor, clean service forgotten, room small, wifi not working,... The shower was the only part of the hotel i liked...for 110€ for night the level is poor, not more

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank IB_Oloap_

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was disappointed to hear that your stay wasn't confortable. I need to tell you that we did immediate meeting on mentioned problems and all of them has been resolved.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The room was small and clean, the breakfast buffet was normal & staff was friendly. The hotel's location was awesome it was so close to Pera museum, Istiklal street, Galata tower, etc.
recommended for 5-7 days trip.
The bad experience I had was the noise at night from the next door room :(

Room Tip: Street side rooms are quieter and make sure it's not close to elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We arrived at this hotel late on the 4th of October and immediately knew something was wrong. As we checked into reception, the music coming from next door was so loud you had to shout for the receptionist to hear you, and the reception itself was rattling with bass.

The hotel is in a rather attractive boutique style and has some really beautifully aspects to the decoration. The rooms, whilst small, are nicely done. And whilst I don't really like my wife seeing me enthroned on the lavatory, you kind of get used to the frosted glass bathroom doors that don't shut all the way after a while. Also, the Tunnel metro station is a 2 minute walk away, taking you across to the historic part of Istanbul in minutes, which is very handy.

So you might wonder why the low score. Firstly, the music went on til 2:30 on the first night. Thankfully I was so knackered I got some sleep, but when I asked to be moved for the following night the receptionist was argumentative and avoided having to do anything to help us. So we reluctantly decided if you can't beat em join em, and we decided to go next door and dance the night away the second night.

Unfortunately, what we found was not a banging night club with a dance floor but a rather cramped bar full of people screaming to be heard above the music. In short, the loud music is, as far as I could tell, neither what the hotel guests nor the bar patrons want. And the second night it went on til after 4am.

Then there was the really rather poor breakfast food. I've been to a lot of countries and enjoy trying a lot of different cuisine, so it wasn't a cultural objection to the food - it was just poor. So, sadly, what could easily be a 4 or 5 star review is 2 star because of a couple of fundamental environmental issues, exacerbated by a pig-headed refusal to help us accommodate them. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christophersquiggle

Dear Sir,

I was disappointed to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Hotel was very busy and receptions didn't have any room to change your room to better one. I worn the talent to be more careful on guest satisfaction.

I spoken with next door restaurant for voice problem.

Please send us e-mail before you come and I will pre bloke your room.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments

Reviewed 28 September 2013

i stayed in this hotel before 3 years. we were very satisfied. The staff was vey helpful with us, the breakfast was really nice with a big variety of products, the room was clean and general the hole enviroment of the hotel was clean too. One problem is that the room are really small. i do not suggest this hotel for families and for long stay holidays, i stayed 5 nights and it was ok. the rooms have no balconies...... and the other problem was that in the bathroom was a bad smell, every day....
there is also a quiet piano bar, in the hotel if you do not want to go out for a drink, also the situation of the hotel is really good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

Our hotel is very centralized and near to all historic and modern places to visit.

We would like to accommodate you in our lovely hotel for your next visit to Istanbul.

Thank you so much for your comments.