“Not the best”

Sultanahmet Hamami
Ranked #79 of 133 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
“Not the best”
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

I'm not a hamam expert but neither am I a novice, so I knew what to expect from a hamam experience and while this place has the basics it really lacks finesse. The steam rooms are full of mildew and don't look attractive,the scrub is pleasant but short and overall it looks like it's had better days. There are plenty more places to choose from and better places to spend your 60 lira.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
State of Sao Paulo
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Avoid this place”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at a hotel near by and wanted to try this Turkish bath. Very disappointing.
We went for a full program (90TL), which includes the relaxing hot stone, soap massage, and oil massage.
From the beginning to end it took less than 1 hour, and most of it waiting for the masseuse.
The place stank of mold and cigaret (yes, everybody smokes in there), the towels stank, the whole place is terrible. We left still covered in oil, which did not smell nice either.
I have been to much nicer places, more pleasant and have been better treated.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Traveler4Fun_99
Bath, United Kingdom
241 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“Had A Fantastic Time”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife and I went here and had the 60tl treatment each. We went in the morning and were the only people there at the time. We found the experience wonderful and not cleaned up for tourists in any way. We both had full half hour massages where our cares were rubbed, scrubbed, stretched away. This place is old so do not expect it to be in the best shape ever. But for me personally this was the highlight of my two week Mediterranean holiday in Italy Turkey and Greece. After the massage I felt completely refreshed, which after such a large amount of walking was very welcome. All in all I personally loved it.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CTricity
Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“i wouldn't go back!”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

there was a cockroach in the sauna. yes, a cockroach! and yes, a sauna - traditional turkish hammam, no? (sarcasm).

for 90TL, i should have gone elsewhere. lesson learned.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Beezer333
corfugreece
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Relaxing turkish bath”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Sultanahmet hamam is situated close to agia sofia museum..I think that is cheaper than many other hamams in kostadinoupol..the people that run it are very friendly and the cost for about 1 hour is 20 euro per person..i would love to visit it again.

Visited January 2012