“Bed and breakfast”

Ranked #1,029 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Cairo, Egypt
“Bed and breakfast”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Value for money and place to crash at night for friends, couples and solo it offer nothing but bed (clean room) and breakfast (provide enough power till early dinner or late lunch.
restaurant located on top of the building providing panoramic view of old Istanbul you will enjoy they view while have your breakfast
I do consider it as a perfect take-off location for old Istanbul but for shopping i doubt it.

Room Tip: Nothing special try to get blue mosque or sea view if available
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MITawfik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I would strongly recommend all travellers to stay away from this hotel.

1. I'm a solo traveller, paid 40 euro / night for a room that was little bigger then the bed in it, most of the furniture was broken in some respect and both the room and bed were dirty.
2. The television had such bad reception that it wasnt worth turning on, in fact it was more entertaining listening to the loud turkish family in the room next door - who often stayed up till the early hours of the morning.
3. I stayed for 3 days and during this time neither the bathroom towels or the linen on my bed was changed. My bed was only made up on the first day and any rubbish (apart from the empty water bottles) was left in the room.
4. The chap working reception during the day is friendly and appeared to be the only person working there capable of smiling or interested in making sure guests enjoyed their stay. The night staff were completely uninterested and prefered to ignore me.
5. The hotel is undergoing renovations, this meant that the hotel resturant on the roof was closed and there was no room (food) service. Breakfast was held in reception and the quality of food was poor and unappetizing - It was that bad that I decided to skip breakfast and eat my morning meal elsewhere.
6. I asked for a morning 7AM wake up call - this never materialized, thank goodness I had my mobile phone with me and set the alarm.
7. My room came with an extra remote control which had 2 different sized batteries (and no battery cover), I still have no idea what this remote is for.
8. My room also had a very distinct smell of stale cigarette smoke and the bathroom was mouldy and smelt of it.
9. My airport transfer to the hotel cost me 39 euro - I had to phone the hotel upon landing and enquire about my transfer as there was nobody waiting for me!!!!!! It cost me another 20 euro to get back to the airport.
10. I went up to the roof (where the resturant is supposed to be) to take some long exposure photos and well lets just say that I was disappointed by the 'view' and gave up getting any decent shots after about 10 minutes.

All in all, its perfectly situated, unfortunately this doesnt make up for all the negative aspects. I won't mention the air conditioning is switched off in the bar / breakfast / reception area in the evening and lets not talk about the rude and uninterested bar 'boy'. This entire location is crammed full of hotels so my adivice is to LOOK FOR ANOTHER HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank kazoinks

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Luxembourg
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The first and last time i stay this Hotel,when i arrived they didnt have room for me so they whant me to stay 2 nigths in other Hotel but i refuse it so i need to whait 2 hours until i get my room and this room whas really not nice i dont know how they get 3 stars furniture whas more than basic and old phone dosent work no fridge just bed and verry small wardrobe.Mutch to expensif for what u get. Breakfast whas ok but they dont get fresh milk,they mixt poudermilk with water beurg.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baccardi1_10
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We didn't book a stay at the Aquarium, we were put there after our reservation at Meddusa Hotel turned out to be worthless (see our review there).

Although staff were friendly and they tried to be helpful, we were given a tiny corner room that could only just fit a double bed. Although the room and the bedding were clean, the TV had very poor reception, the bathroom was grubby and there weren't any towels. When we asked for towels that evening, a helpful member of staff chased up and down the various floors to look but couldn't find any - I waited and waited, but they never arrived. When I asked for the password for WiFi, I was told, "No here". The next day, I asked again for WiFi and towels and were given them straight away.

The breakfast was poor and there wasn't any member of staff around to help. We had to wash up some cups left by other people only to find the hot water thing was empty. So, all in all, our stay was disappointing. I wouldn't recommend the Aquarium but at the end of the day, it was a clean bed to sleep in in a good part of the city.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hawkinsian
Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Me and my friend went to Istanbul to Aquarium,
It was really good hotel. Well they were good, like friends.
The rooms are clean, the wather was so hot but AC rooms are good.
Breakfast served at top floor, while watching tho sea..

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple