“Good People, Good Place, Great Location for Price”
Review of Kupeli Hotel

Kupeli Hotel
Ranked #443 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have had some shady experiences in Istanbul, some that would make a black hearted leprechaun blush, but one place stood out as honest and genuine and that was my hotel. I stayed here in February for four days on my first visit to Istanbul enjoying the central location of the hotel. The breakfast was excellent and the rooms comfortable. The only trouble one may have is the relative thinness of the walls should one have a noisy neighbor. Upon a return visit last week, I had made the gross oversight of not reserving a hotel before arriving during peak season. I was at the mercy of fate. I took a taxi from the airport to Sultanhamet and walked the streets looking for a hotel room, not having any luck. I happened to walk by this hotel and before I passed the window, the desk clerk came outside and greeted me, recognizing who I was from three months prior! This was quite a surprise, considering that I did not spend much time with them other than checking in or out. They gave me tea, offered me their hookah and told me I could hang out before going back out to find another room. They offered me a double bed room, even though it was only me, at a discounted rate for the night. They were very comforting and accomodating and genuinely kind. I thank them and wish them well. Especially Özgür Oguz, I hope you get your own hotel one day, thank you for picking me from the street and giving me a room for the night. You give Turks a good name.

Paul

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel if you don't want street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 May 2013

First of all, the location of the hotel is perfect. It is at walking distance from all the important touristic attractions. Those who prefer taking a taxi over walking and using public transport, could experience somewhat difficulties in finding the hotel, because it is located in one of the streets behind main street. The nearest public transport, the tram station Çemberlitas, is a five minute walk. I stayed in a triple room. The beds were just fine. I slept without any problems. The rooms were cleaned every day, including new sheets and bedpans. The toilet and bathroom were also really clean. For those who do not prefer living from their suitcase, there was plenty of room to store your belongings. The only downside to the room was that there was another building right in front of window, so we couldn't open it for fresh air. There was however air conditioning present in the room, so that really helped. The breakfast was simple but very enjoyable with different kinds of bread, meat products, jams, olives, eggs and traditional Turkish cheese. What liked best about my stay in this hotel is the service, kindness and above all the helpfulness of the workers. We checked in around 23.00. There I met Kemal and Oğuz. Kemal helped us with the suitcases and lead us to our rooms. Oğuz gave a few pieces of advice like the decision to use the safe for our money and passports. He also gave us the card of the hotel saying that we should give the card to people like the police in case they ask for our passport/ID's they could contact the hotel. They usually worked nightshifts. During daytime we were helped by Ismail and Özgür. All of these gentlemen constantly inquired about how we were and whether we had a good time. They gave us recommendations about what to do and where to go. At night we spent a lot of time, sitting in front of the hotel, so the guys constantly offered us something to drink, eat, water-pipe etc. Mr. Bülent, the manager of the hotel, is also very kind-hearted, warm and helpful. I do not have any complaints about this hotel nor the service. I'll be visiting Istanbul again in August and I will definitely stay at this hotel again. You exactly get what you pay for, maybe even more. I could be writing many things about why you should come to the wonderful city of Istanbul and stay at this amazing hotel, but you really have to experience it yourself!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2013

It's close to the main attraction, (a 5 minutes walk to reach Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque, but we can easily walk to all the main attractions), is very comfortable. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere warm. Like being at home. The breakfast is delicious! A bit noisy perhaps, beacuse you really are in the heart of the city

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I am very grateful personel of Kupeli Hotel. They make guest to feel themselfes as their home. they are friendly helpful. The hotel is very clean and near tramway station Sultan Ahmed Camii and all other sightseengs. whenever I visit to İstambul o need to look for good hotel. From Azerbaijan Orxan.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

I am very happy that I found this great hotel.nice staff,helpfull and always smiling.The rooms are clean and comfortable.Location is just perfect.if I could give more than excellent,I will.5minutes walk distance from all the important things to see in Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Great location!the room was clean and nice.Breakfast was fresh and tasty! The staff was very friendly.Ozgun and Kemal are great guys, always ready to help. The hotel is just small diamond of istanbul!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Kupeli Hotel is a great choice for friends, family and people, who are staying for buisness there in Istambul. The hotel is clean, the staff is very friendly and always helpful, especially administrator Özgür is always ready to help :) I recommend to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends