“Little Gem”

Ranked #36 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
London, England
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

What a wonderful little gem of a hotel. Superb location. Our welcome was warm and informative. The rooms are beautifully kept and immaculate. Our breakfast was excellent with a great variety of tempting treats to be enjoyed on the terrace which faced the sea view and the magnificent blue mosque. Throughout our stay we felt important and cared for. Only a small criticism being that we were encouraged to undertake an organised tour/boat trip. The trip was a little expensive and we could have arranged a similar experience ourselves for considerably less. However we were happy to sign up, as we were only in Istanbul for 3 nights and frankly couldn't be bothered to get too stressed out about it. In fairness the trip did what it claimed but was a little longer than expected (due to varied drop offs/collections). On the whole, I will be recommending the Best Point to my friends and family should they visit Istanbul in the future. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MCFuller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Hotel Best Point is literally just that - the best possible point of location in Istanbul. If this is your first time, you will not be disappointed. As other reviews stated, this hotel is located within walking distance of all the must-see locations in the Old Town of Istanbul and incredibly close to the tram for quick access to the farther flung sites. We particularly enjoyed the staff and were truly impressed with their kindness, service and willingness to make us feel at home. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the owner. He talked us through each day of our stay, making wonderful recommendations. Our room was incredibly comfortable, the linens so cozy, and the space used as efficiently as possible. We loved Hotel Best Point and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kmina
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed 18 September 2011

we stayed at the Best Point hotel in Istanbul and it was excellent , the staff very helpful and friendly.we were their in march and it was very cold but rhe hotel was very warm, the room was very comfort able and clean .The location of the hotel the blue mosque , mosaic museum .Hagia Sofia, Topkapi palace and grand Bazaar are all in walking distance. The spice bazaar a short trip on the metro.Some of the best restaurants are within 250 metresthis hotel was a great find and would recomend it yo anyone

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bsetterfield
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Best Point in July - our first visit to Istanbul - and feel we couldn't have chosen a better spot, ideal for all the main historic sites. From the moment the driver met us at the airport to the moment we were dropped off we were made to feel like honoured guests. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff who were unfailingly smiling, helpful and considerate and would put many a glamorous 5 star hotel to shame. The room was small but well furnished, clean and comfortable with a fabulous shower which was very welcome after the dribbly greek island efforts we had experienced. Breakfast was a veritable feast - so much choice and so many delicious flavours! As previous reviewers have mentioned we got the "orientation" from Fatih and ended up purchasing tours - but his information was very helpful and we were definitely not pressured into buying. His recommendations were sound and we were glad we took them - it helped us make the most of our all too brief stay. I can't wait to return to Istanbul and when I do I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bushbaby61
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I can't say enough great things about this place!
Beautiful roof top, great location, friendly and helpful staff, great clean rooms and AMAZING breakfast! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights on our trip to Turkey and everything was top notch for a very reasonable price. The staff was very helpful on sight seeing in Istanbul and things to do. I am not a person who writes reviews very often but I had to for this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alicia Z
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2011

After returning home to Canada, I wanted to say thank you for the spectacular hospitality we enjoyed at your hotel. I stayed with my friend Ryan in room #203. We were very appreciative of the cold air conditioning, the strong shower pressure, and the cleanliness of the room. I loved the mosaic on the wall, the clean/crisp design of the room, and the comfortable beds! The hotel was clean and tidy, and in a spectacular location. The rooftop terrace had an incredible view, and the complimentary breakfasts were delicious!

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

You have an incredibly special staff! I do not have the words to describe the heart and soul that these people possess. They are great ambassadors for your business, and your beautiful city! I would be proud to work with such lovely people on a daily basis. Every-time we returned to the hotel for the evening, I felt like I was coming home. The men and women working at your hotel were so nice to me, and made me feel very comfortable during my stay.

I WILL TRULY MISS THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE, as much as I will miss the beautiful city! I will definitely stay at your hotel when I return for my next visit. I hope to visit again soon.

If anybody should be inquiring about the quality of service at your establishment, they can contact me via email at any time. It would be my honour to put forth a good word for you.

Best wishes, love, and health, and I hope to see you again soon.

Dave

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank DaveTraveller_11
sarnia
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel So happy we chose the Best Point . Great location 5 minutes walk to Hagia Sophia , Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern . Wonderful breakfast on the terrace overlooking the Bosphorus great way to start our day. Front desk could not do enough to assist,

Room was spotless, bed comfy, bathroom all marble with a glass shower,

On departure our shuttle picked us up at 4 AM . Duty manager had a small breakfast and coffee waiting for us at 345. As we left he and his assistant stood on the steps and waved goodbye,

Each day we came back to the hotel we sat at the table out front and the front desk sent out apple tea as they knew we enjoyed it .

Used the shuttle service from the hotel , Our flight was delayed 1 3/4 hrs and it was nice to see our driver at arrivals with our name in big letters , they had monitored our flight arrival time as promised .

One thing to note the hotel does not have an elevator, so be prepared as the roof top terrace is a roof top terrace .We never touched our luggage from arrival till departure . Also with our room facing the Blue Mosque the morning call to prayer the first time caught us unaware, but the 2nd and 3rd were incredible to hear and provided some great video and story for our friends and family to share .

Great staff, great location, great price, can,t go wrong

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple