“Could not have asked for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Best Point Hotel

Best Point Hotel
Ranked #32 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Could not have asked for more”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel exceeded expectations. Very clean and charmingly decorated. It is very conveniently located to many of the attractions and surrounded by great restaurants. Staff are very friendly and hospitable. They greet guests with a warm drink and Turkish sweet every time we walk in . The owner Fatih is extremely knowledgeable and speaks perfect English. He was like a personal tour guide. He suggested and/or planed most of the day trips, evening entertainments, and even transportation for sightseeing and to and from the airport. Breakfast was a fabulous feast of Turkish food. The cook even took special orders and staff were always there with a smile catering to guests every need. Afternoon tea was a nice treat. Overall A+ and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Somaia
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
My Dearest guest,
I am Fatih YILDIRIM,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Best Point Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Best Point Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Best Point Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel was perfect for visiting all the major attractions. The room was very clean with everything needed provided, WiFi reception was great. The breakfast was incredible and the staff - especially Kizmet and Turkan were only too pleased to help and encourage sampling all the great Turkish cuisine! We stayed when the weather was very cold and so were not able to take advantage of the rooftop facilities. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic, fascinating trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank MBM1005
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Abha, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We've chosen this hotel via TA and Expedia.com
I think we made the right dicision !! The hotel was more than great in all aspects: personel, service, rooms and the awsome location.

The service was better then the expected from the very helpful staff leaded by the owner Mr. Fatih Yildirim. The front office employees were always waiting for your questions to answer and help you. They were always offering us tea and hot drinks every time we enter the hotel. The house keeping and breakfast buffet staff were always smiling and ready to help you before you even need thier help. We were surprised when Mr. Fatih gave us a free room upgrade when we arrived !!!

The breakfast buffet was so good with its large and fine collection of turkish cheeses, turkish sweets (halva) and hot and cold drinks.

The location of the hotel deserves more than the excellent rating. It's in the heart of Old city where you can walk to any where or have a short tram ride to any place you want: Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Hodjapasha, Camberlitas and sooo many restaurants and cafes of very good qualities, services and values.

The room was so nice, but the only con of this lovely hotel is its very tiny corridor that you can hear any voice coming from outside the room, and I think that any one can hear you if you speak loudly inside your room.

The overall experience was amazing and Best Point completed our fascination of the marvelous Istanbul city. I will absolutely recommend it for any of my friends willing to visit Istanbul.

Room Tip: The hotel has no elevator. If you are too old or having a mobility or health problem choose a first...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AlaaAboshady
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Visited Istanbul in the coldest weather. Fateh and his team of dedicated staff made a priority of my every comfort. My accommodation was clean as a whistle, Everything was of very high taste and people friendly. Location was perfect, very close to all the attractions in Sultanahmet and also very close to the trams. Hotel staff were extremely helpful regarding directions and also made any reservations that were needed. The thing that will take me back to this hotel is the personal service and sincerity of all the staff. Lots of restaurants nearby and a beautiful walk in any direction.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment if you are traveling with kids. They have many variable options.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Abdullah N
italia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We liked our stay at your hotel very much !!! The staff is great, very friendly and kind. The hotel is situated in an excellent position, just few steps from the major attractions and there are many restaurants nearby. Our room was very clean and comfortable, and although it was an economy room it disposed of a balcony, great !!
I would reccomend Best Point Hotel to everyone and we will for sure choose this hotel again for our next stay in Istanbul !!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Viaggiatrice S
kent
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Had a lovely time in istanbul, from the min we got there they was so welcoming and helpful.
Everyday they asked was everything ok and if they could do anything else for us.. I would say to anyone stay there :)
Will defo go back when we stay in istanbul.

• Stayed February 2012
13 Thank 1lpage
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This hotel is located right behind the Blue Mosque in the Sultanahmet area. You can walk to the major sites (Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, etc.). Highly recommend it. Breakfast on the roof is quite a walk up 5 floors, so if you have a problem with that, you probably shouldn't get a room here. Once up there, though, there are great views of the Sea of Marmara and Istanbul.

Room Tip: There are rooms with little patios on the ground floor which are probably the best. The ones that ha...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Joseph M
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Hi Joseph

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Best Point Hotel during your recent visit and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments. I were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

I am also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Best Point Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards