“3* Hotel .... 5* Treatment”
Review of Best Point Hotel

Ranked #30 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Cairo, Egypt
“3* Hotel .... 5* Treatment”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Lets get into business:

Good's:
1. Location, in old city very close to Sultan Ahmed and Hagia Sophia and a sweet dinning area
2. Cleanliness, spotless rooms, towels and beds
3. Generosity, free upgrade for your room when available, snacks and cafe around the hour
4. Staff, the last and the best, smiling, helpful they just treat u like a Sultan (special thanks to Mr. Fatih)

Bad's:
1. Breakfast, missing some variations and hot stuff also on weekends u may need to wait for a table
2. Stairs, as there was no elevators so if u have a knee problems forget about it

Room Tip: Avoid high floor in old building, breakfast noise will disturb your sleep. Deluxe rooms much bigger...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
My dearest guest,
I would like to thank you for your review about Best Point Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Fatih YILDIRIM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and even surprised me with a birthday cake. Great views at breakfast on the terrace and the food was great too. We stayed in the apartment which was alright. There was air conditioning in both rooms, but the staff was the highlight. The hotel is in the tourist district and we walked everywhere easily. No elevators.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My friend and I (both travel agents) spent one night in Istanbul.
We arrived early in the morning and were warmly welcomed with tea and then breakfast on the roof top. The location is excellent and one can walk to the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace etc.
The lovely staff at reception asked us please to come back for mezes and a glass of wine at 5 pm which we did. The next morning we once again had breakfast which was very good.
Our room was small but clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a gift of wine in our room.
We wondered if we were being given great treatment because we were travel agents but actually they give everyone that good treatment as you can see from the reviews below. I will definitly send my clients who prefer a small intimite hotel there..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all very friendly and made a considerable effort to provide information on points of interest. The complimentary nibbles and wine were a nice touch. The breakfast selection was outstanding as was the dining area on the rooftop with views of the sea on one side and the Blue Mosque on the other. Although the bedroom was small, it had air conditioning and was very clean. Overall it was excellent value for money and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my parents in one room and my brother and sister sharing a triple room. When we arrived, we were greeted by hotel owner Fatih, who welcomed us with some apple tea and some helpful information about some of the surrounding points of interest. His staff showed us to our rooms shortly afterwards.

The rooms were tastefully decorated, with fantastic bathrooms for a smallish and rather inexpensive hotel. Beds were comfortable with very nice bed linens, and the traditional breakfast was served on a fantastic terrace overlooking the Blue Mosque on one side and Bosphorus River on the other side. Breakfast staff was helpful and very friendly, as were the front desk staff who warmly welcomed us back "home" after long days of sightseeing. There were two common areas on the main floor, including an open area between the two buildings perfect for relaxing and enjoying some tea. The hotel itself was a block away from Arasta Bazaar and very short distance to the Blue Mosque and Ayasofya, on a relatively lively street with no shortage of restaurants and little shops to wander around in. Where our trip was over, Fatih arranged for a shuttle to bring us back to Ataturk Airport for our return flight.

Thank you to Fatih and the staff of Best Point for providing us with a wonderful stay in their hotel.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This little hotel has a very sweet and competent staff througout, who almost made us (my mother and me) feel like staying in a home away from home. Rooms and beds are small but clean and compared to other hotels in this price range the breakfast is absolutely fabulous and can be eaten with breathtaking views of the Bosperus or the Blue Mosque.

Although located in a touristy part of Istanbul it is quite close to must see sites and the efficient public transporation for easy access to the areas near Galata Bridge and the Asian side makes it a great outlet for sightseeing.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I had lucky to stay in the Best Point Hotel. The hotel is very well located, near the blue mosque, with lot of restaurants and traditional shops around. But most of it what real impressed us was te cortesy, the sweetness, education and availability of all the workers. They were all very good, very nice, they took care everything for us. We couldnt be more please! The owner of this hotel is very lucky to have such good workers and the guests too. I really recomend this hotel. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is also good and the view were its served is beautiful.
I would like to go there again one day and hoply find the same people working there. Thank you all for being so kind!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends