“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 1,120 Hotels in Istanbul
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in this hotel is a MUST for those planning to visit Istanbul if you're looking for a cozy boutique hotel with beyond 5 star service. The owner Mr. Fatih was very helpful when we made our reservations and ensured all was prepared prior to our arrival. Its 5-10 mins walk to major historic places such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi, Cistern Basilica, etc. The service was excellent with friendly staffs who were very helpful, they were the BEST part of our entire 6 days stay. Upon arrival, they provided overview of the hotel, whats around the area, and in Istanbul. Rooms were also cozy, comfortable and clean with great wifi connection. Bfast has many selections and was served on rooftop with view to the sea and Blue Mosque. There was also high tea available in the garden daily to take a break and relax. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Istanbul. Tesekkur Edrim (Thank You) to all the staff in Best Point for making our trip to Istanbul perfect. A special Thanks to Mustafa, Serhan, Caner, Yunus for your kindness and hospitality

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I travelled to Istanbul with my 2 kids(4 and 7 year old), my mom, sister and brother in-law from April 23 through April 29. I made reservations after I found the reviews here at trip advisor. We stayed at the Best Point Suites for 5 days and then at the Best Point Hotel for a day. I travel a lot and mostly stay in big hotels. This was my first time traveling to Istanbul and staying in a small hotel. This hotel, when it comes to quality of service, location, quality of stay and comfort, exceeded my expectations. The only minus for me was booking arrangements as I am used to getting all my reservations done instantly online. However, after emailing the hotel, I was surprised how quick they were in replying and accommodating my requests. Communication is the key here. The staff and management went out of their way to help me with everything my family and I needed. I just had to call the front desk for dinner reservations, massage and spa treatment appointments, tourism info and set ups and I did not have to wait at all. They did all the arrangements I needed, were friendly and attentive. I was extremely satisfied with my decision to stay in this hotel. The location was the key--we could walk to most touristic areas, to restaurants and shops. The rooms were nice and cozy, clean, bathrooms were a nice size and housecleaning service was excellent. I work online and had to use hotels wifi while inside the room, and had no problem with the speed. We had breakfast on the terrace every morning and everyone loved it. I do not speak turkish, only english and a little russian -- I had no problem communicating as the staff spoke english fluently. Overall, I had a very good experience, I thought the quality of the service was excellent and I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to a friend. Kids had a great time too.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids I would recommend a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Laylom,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your such great impression of our property.

It's alway so nice to hear from great and valuable comments like yours. Your positive comments of your recent stay experience. Your recommedndation will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future. All related department will be shared with your mentioned comments for sure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any inquiries you may have or whether you are considering a future reservation with our hotel, as I would be happy to personally reserve your room for you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is located near many sightseeing, only 5-10 mins walk. Hotel staff are very nice. The room is clean. The breakfast is served on the terrase. You can see the Blue mosque and sea views. Wifi internet is very strong.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Maneenat,

Earley, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spend four idyllic days in Istanbul, and our stay in the Best Point Hotel could not have been better. The staff are friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We had a lovely clean room, hot showers and a wonderful king sized bed! I can recommend Room 206 , and would ask again for this room on our return to Istanbul.
Breakfast was delicious, a vast array to choose from, and fresh, with cheerful friendly staff..
We discovered apple tea here and never looked back!
All the sights of Sultanamet were in walking distance, and we had advice from the staff on what to do and see, and where to eat.
Well done and thankyou to all the staff of Best Point!

Room Tip: choose 206, a lovely double room, spacious and quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Pat S,

Perpignan, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel because it was relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels in such a prime location in Sultanahmet. It is a very short stroll from prime sites such as The Blue Mosque and is on the same street as many charming small restaurants. The hotel has a covered and outdoor roof terrace with stunning views of the sea and the Blue Mosque which is particularly dramatic at night. The hotel is simple but comfortable with king size double beds with firm mattresses, a strong shower, good internet everywhere and some English tv channels. Fatih and his staff could not have been more charming and helpful with directions, recommendations and airport pickups. One particularly nice feature of the hotel was a nightly free 'happy hour' between 5 and 7 with wine and mezze which was a pleasant pre dinner opportunity to mingle with other guests before going out to dinner. Breakfasts were delicious with a wide choice including of letters cooked to order and lots of fresh local fruit. We will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear MirandaP,

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was our second time to Best Point Hotel. It was even better than the first time, although the first time was also very gratifying. Breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace which has a view of the Blue Mosque on one side and the Marmara Sea on the other - beautiful scenery. The rooftop terrace is glassed in but has a small outdoor seating area on one end facing the Blue Mosque. The breakfast is plentiful with a lot of variety and it includes complimentary fresh squeezed orange juice and a choice of hot eggs which comes straight from the kitchen.

Complimentary afternoon coffee/tea is available on the ground level and there is seating in the courtyard between the two sections of the hotel as well as inside. There is also a complimentary happy hour.

The area where the hotel is located is peaceful and safe. The hotel is only one block from a street of restaurants with outdoor seating, and another block to the Arasta Bazaar. A few minutes more and you are at the Blue Mosque and Haghia Sophia and the tram. The manager, Fatih, took us to see his new suites hotel which is just a few minutes walk. It has reception, and the rooms had a lovely decor and were good sized rooms. Ideal for families and couples.

The Best Point staff are friendly, courteous, and attentive. All in all it was a very joyful stay and we will stay in this hotel whenever we visit Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frequentflyerby2
Dear Frequentflyerby2,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We spent 4 nights at this beautiful hotel. Perfect location in Sultanahmet, all major historical sights are within 5-10 minutes walk. Freebies (welcome drinks, afternoon - evening snacks, daily complimentary water) are great. Staff is very helpful (only minus - the breakfast staff should smile a bit more) Rooftop breakfast room with good selection and great view. The room was big enough and clean. Best Point is the perfect example how should be a hotel well managed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear David,