“The right hotel for my vacations in Istanbul”
Review of Best Point Hotel

Best Point Hotel
Ranked #29 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
“The right hotel for my vacations in Istanbul”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Best Point during our vacations in Istanbul. The best hotel service that we have had ever.

A truly personalized service since the moment I made the reservation. The owner even phoned me to Chile to confirm some details. My plane arrived to Istanbul after midnight. A transfer sent by the hotel was waiting for us. We reached the hotel after 1 A.M., where the concierge and the bellboy were waiting for us with some Turkish food, wine, apple tea and coffee. The next morning we met the owner, Mr. Fatih, to check some details regarding the tours that we would take, including a tour to Troy and Ephesus. Everything was managed by Mr. Fatih: land and air transportation, personalized tourist guides, hotel reservation in Kusadasi, etc., etc. Again, our flight from Izmir to Istanbul arrived after midnight and the personnel of the hotel received us with we liked most: white wine, apple tea and Turkish coffee.

I took the room with hammam (I recommend it!). The room was large and very comfortable, with windows to the street.

Breakfast was served in the terrace (with a limited sight to the Bosporus). Natural orange juice, Turkish pastries, fresh and dried fruits, salads, cheeses, etc., etc. made a good start in the morning.

Last, but not less important, the hotel is very close to Aggia Sophia, Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace. The excellent transport system of Istanbul (tram, metro, etc.) will take you to most of the important places of the city.

If you want to visit some special place, to go to some entertainment or restaurant, I advise to ask first the concierge or, directly to the owner. They will provide you with a lot of information and help.

The cordiality of everybody in the hotel, from the lady that prepared the orange juice in the breakfast up to the owner, Mr. Fatih, was a constant during our stay there. The service was great, since our arrival at the airport until we left the hotel (transfer service provided free of charge by the hotel). No doubt that I will choose Best Point in my next trip to Istanbul !

Room Tip: Our room was in the third stage and the breakfast was served in the fifth. Although the hotel does...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Aldo,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your such great impression of our property.

It's alway so nice to hear from great and valuable comments like yours. Your positive comments of your recent stay experience. Your recommedndation will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future. All related department will be shared with your mentioned comments for sure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any inquiries you may have or whether you are considering a future reservation with our hotel, as I would be happy to personally reserve your room for you.

Fatih YILDIRIM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in the Best Point Hotel over a long weekend in early May. We planned to stay 3 nights at a recommendation of a friend, however, when we showed up, there was no room for us. Something didn't seem right when I arrived, we sat down and had a snack/wine at their afternoon Mezes buffet, and it took several minutes for management to come talk to us. It turned out there was a 'plumbing' issue in our room, and we were forced to stay at a sister hotel around the corner. I'm skeptical that a plumbing issue existed, and that they didn't have a booking issue. We paid for a superior double room, and the room at the sister hotel was a real dump and we set off the trip on the wrong foot. We showed up the next morning for breakfast and at 9:30am our room was ready. I asked the manager/owner what they could do to help remedy the situation and all that was provided was a free airport transfer (€12 value), wine/fruit/cake brought to our room (€0 value as they have it for free every afternoon), and a letter (see picture).

As for the actual hotel, it is a nice place to stay. My frustration was that we called to confirm several times, and we show up at 7pm with no warning that we wouldn't have a room. They have an excellent breakfast set up on the roof, the rooms are spacious, and the staff is overall very accomodating. It is in a great location, just south of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Easy to walk to old town and restaurants. Had the mix up not occurred, it would have definitely received high marks. My recommendation would be to call the day of or day before to make sure they have a room for you.

4 Thank Drew S
Dear Drew,

lisburn
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is within walking distance to most of the main sites and close to the tram stop.
We had a room at the top of the building at the back this was quiet except of course for prayers early in the morning.
Breakfast was excellent with freshly cooked eggs or omelettes. A large variety of other other foods available including freshly squeezed orange juice.
After a long day out exploring Istanbul, you can return to tasty snacks and drinks including wine.
The staff in the hotel are super. So very helpful providing great tourist information on arrival and suggestions for restaurants , doing forget to ask for recommendations. Would most defiantly return

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have view of sea
2 Thank DorisLisburn
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear DorisLisburn,

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 25 May 2014

These guys take service to another level! The hotel is nicely situated in the heart of the Old City with many good restaurant around. The rooms are well decorated andclean. The staff are always friendly and simply always offering help- many of the 5 Star hotels I have stayed in can learn from them! Will be back defnitely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Neil W,

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Spending our last night in Istanbul and we found the hotel staff to be friendly, helpful and very attentive. We were looked after very well and were given useful advice about sights shopping and local food venues. The area is buzzing with great eating&drinking places&we wouldnt hesitate to come back again!

Thank you Best Point for a great holiday!

Rubee&Daniel MorganX

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rubeemorgan,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in this hotel is a MUST for those planning to visit Istanbul if you're looking for a cozy boutique hotel with beyond 5 star service. The owner Mr. Fatih was very helpful when we made our reservations and ensured all was prepared prior to our arrival. Its 5-10 mins walk to major historic places such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi, Cistern Basilica, etc. The service was excellent with friendly staffs who were very helpful, they were the BEST part of our entire 6 days stay. Upon arrival, they provided overview of the hotel, whats around the area, and in Istanbul. Rooms were also cozy, comfortable and clean with great wifi connection. Bfast has many selections and was served on rooftop with view to the sea and Blue Mosque. There was also high tea available in the garden daily to take a break and relax. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Istanbul. Tesekkur Edrim (Thank You) to all the staff in Best Point for making our trip to Istanbul perfect. A special Thanks to Mustafa, Serhan, Caner, Yunus for your kindness and hospitality

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I travelled to Istanbul with my 2 kids(4 and 7 year old), my mom, sister and brother in-law from April 23 through April 29. I made reservations after I found the reviews here at trip advisor. We stayed at the Best Point Suites for 5 days and then at the Best Point Hotel for a day. I travel a lot and mostly stay in big hotels. This was my first time traveling to Istanbul and staying in a small hotel. This hotel, when it comes to quality of service, location, quality of stay and comfort, exceeded my expectations. The only minus for me was booking arrangements as I am used to getting all my reservations done instantly online. However, after emailing the hotel, I was surprised how quick they were in replying and accommodating my requests. Communication is the key here. The staff and management went out of their way to help me with everything my family and I needed. I just had to call the front desk for dinner reservations, massage and spa treatment appointments, tourism info and set ups and I did not have to wait at all. They did all the arrangements I needed, were friendly and attentive. I was extremely satisfied with my decision to stay in this hotel. The location was the key--we could walk to most touristic areas, to restaurants and shops. The rooms were nice and cozy, clean, bathrooms were a nice size and housecleaning service was excellent. I work online and had to use hotels wifi while inside the room, and had no problem with the speed. We had breakfast on the terrace every morning and everyone loved it. I do not speak turkish, only english and a little russian -- I had no problem communicating as the staff spoke english fluently. Overall, I had a very good experience, I thought the quality of the service was excellent and I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to a friend. Kids had a great time too.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids I would recommend a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family