“The Best Point Hotel Is Excellent”
Review of Best Point Hotel

Best Point Hotel
Ranked #32 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Massachusetts
“The Best Point Hotel Is Excellent”
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I stayed at the Best Point Hotel twice on my recent visit to Turkey(July 12-18 and August 5), and thought it was an excellent hotel. The location is superb- a short walk to the Arasta Bazaar, Palace Mosaics Museum, and Blue Mosque. The staff was friendly and helpful, particularly when I had to leave some fragile items in storage at the hotel, while I travelled to other parts of Turkey. I was concerned about the fragility of some of the gifts I had purchased(ceramic statue, painted ostrich egg, etc.), but the Best Point staff were fabulous in finding a large box, placing the gifts inside, taping the box up, and then placing the marked box in a secure place. Also, they were able to arrange 3 AM transport to the airport for me when I was departing. Fatih, the owner, is a gem. Not only is he a source of good information about Istanbul, but he is a very amusing, entertaining character! My first stay at the Best Point, my room was very clean and nice, but a bit small. On my second visit, my room was bigger. I should also mention that the breakfast spread was very good- it was superior to other breakfasts offered by other hotels I stayed at while in Turkey, both in terms of quality and variety. The upstairs terrace is charming with good views. I will return to Turkey and would definately stay at the Best Point Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I spent two weeks ın Best Poınt Hotel and ıt was amazıng because of people there; theye were all so thaughful; frıendly, hospıtable and professıonal.
And one of the best poınt of the hotel ıs the cleaness; the rooms are perfectly cleaned every day and so nıcely decorated .
When we ask for anythıng; ıt ıs ımmedıately done.
ohhhhhh my god; I can not forget to talk about the terace where you can have your breakfast ; I thınk that the hotel has the best vıew of the Blue Mosque and Marmara sea from thıs terace.
Specıal thanks for the stuff who became our frıends:Umıt; Emrah; Gokhan; Gurkan; Nusret; Seher; Turkan; Aynur; and Erdal.
And of courrse Fatıh; the last but not the least; who has been a wonderful host; he has always helped us; and gıves us a wonderful advıces for good etınerarıes, he ıs very good.
I wıll most defınıtly come back and recommand ıt to every body,

PS: the locatıon of the hotel ıs perfect.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed in the suite (which was very affordable) with a large terrace overlooking the blue mosque. beautiful views. a large & varied complementary breakfast is served, which you can have on the roof with views of the sea. Clean, well priced, in walking distance to all the main sites. Will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
Ankara
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Ignore the review below. This place has a fantastic location and the service is outstanding. The staff went out of their way to make our stay more comfortable and pleasant. Highly recommended. I will stay here again when I'm in Istanbul for business or pleasure.

People who write reviews like the one from BC don't know or appreciate the Turks. In Turkey it is simply good manners to sit down, drink tea and socialize with your hosts. Even at a hotel. Furthermore, it is common in Istanbul for these older Ottoman homes not to have an elevator. Lasty, is the value and price the Best Point charges. I travel frequently to Istanbul on business and you can easily pay $200-280/night at a hotel. This place is a bargain. It also has a terrific and healthy breakfast. So, sure, it doesn't have an elevator and, yes, they are extremely friendly. But this isn't Canada. It's Turkey! Enjoy this great country and this terrific hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1957
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We are a couple staying in Antalya /Turkey .Last month of Juy we stayed in this cute butique hotel. During our stay, they were preparing for the summer season and making some important changes. We rally liked it.

I booked at the Best Point Hotel and from day one it was amazing. All of the staff was exceptional and nice and very willing to please. Mr. Fatih the Manager and partner Mr.Emrah was the greatest host ever and helped with all of my questions and needs. Best stay with the utmost staff ever
Thanks for all help....Really i am must recomended Best Point Hotel..You just book and go. Good Luck
Mr.John Ezzekmi

• Stayed July 2009
Vancouver
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We decided to stay at this hotel for the same reason as just about every other guest who stays there. Because of this site. We actually overheard many other travellers tell the hotel management this specifically.
But, upon arrival, we were immediately dissapointed. The staff is friendly -- that is clear. But maybe too friendly. After 20+ hours of travel, the hotel staff insisted on sitting us down in the lobby to tell us what we should do and where we should go during our visit. Instead, we just wanted to go to our room to decompress.
This continued througout the entire stay, with the staff breathing down our necks the entire time. If you like privacy, this is not the place for you. You can't even pick up a piece of toast without someone rushing over to hold your plate for you.
The rooms were tastefully decorated, yes. But they were very small, and our double bed was only two singles pushed together. You'd imagine that you'd get a real double bed for these prices and not wake up stuck in a hole.
Also, our door had quite a large crack in it, and you could even stand in the hallway and look right into our bedroom and at the bed directly!
Another thing of note is that the hotel is four stories high (five to get to the rooftop) and there is no elevator. If you are in any unable to climb flights upon flights of stairs, this is not the hotel for you.
Last thing I wanted to note is that the lobby computer has the trip advisor site as their homepage. The hotel staff very much encourage guests to write reviews on the site, and this is probably skewing the results on this page.

• Stayed June 2009
6 Thank JeunneFemme
BESTPOINT, Best Point Hotel Managament/O.Fatih YILDIRIM at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2009
Hi Dear Guest!

First all off again thanks choose the stayed our hotel.You was booked our Economic Double Room.That room entrance floor and cheaper room.If did you pay us more you can stayed our point double room.That rooms is a have quenn bed.That one is your budget problem.Not our problem..You also know all details.

You can read our all review from T.P.If another all guest write it about our staff very friendly and helpfull..I dont like a say you any think.!!!!!Really!!

T.P for us very important.Of course i am also say ewery time for my guest please you can write review...You must the know hotel business!!But i think you dont know..

I think you can like to cross out our hotel..This is inessential.But Really when another guest look from our T.P review..I think why u are like a write that review understand..

We dont like say you any think.If you need any help ewery time we can help you.Really..Because our all guest very important..

Thanks&Regards
BEST POINT HOTEL
Fatih YILDIRIM
OWNER
Northampton, Ma
Reviewed 8 August 2009

My partner and I absolutely loved this hotel. It is not a big hotel with a lot of amenities, but it is nevertheless a fabulous place to stay. We spent a week there and were treated so nicely by the attentive staff. The breakfast was delicious and the rooms were well appointed and clean. Plus, the rooftop terrace offers an amazing view! It is well located among other hotels and restaurants, and only a few minutes walk to Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque which was visible from our room. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
BESTPOINT, Best Point Hotel Managament/O.Fatih YILDIRIM at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2009
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your kind review about our home with other travellers, we very much apreciated to accommodate you in our hotel. We would like to you see our hotel. Thanks&Regards
O.Fatih YILDIRIM