“Easy walking distance to all the sites.”
Review of Best Point Hotel

Ranked #32 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We stayed for 3 days before picking up our tour of the country. Family own & operated with the guests best interests at heart. Very resonably priced.Delicous buffet breakfast included, everything imaginable from personalized omlettes to cold cereals, cheeses, juices, breads, pastries,coffee & tea. Clean well appointed modern rooms with private bath. Enchanting views of the Blue Mosque. The staff could not have been more helpful. They were eager to suggest good restaurants; happy to arrange taxi service for the airport or to anywhere your heart desired; helpful to show where all the sites to see were on the map & to show you how close one was to all the attractions. I and my friends that were traveling with me can not praise the Best Point Hotel enough. You will enjoy your stay very much

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank wayne89

Reviewed 28 November 2010

Even if 3 monthes later, I would wish Mr Fatih who has been very helpful and friendly with me and my husband. He gave us the right tips to visit the most important place in in short time and with a terrible weather ( warm and wet), and managed a very cheap return service to Sabiha Gomchen airport. The hotel is walking distance from the most important touristic place of Istanbul and provide wireless internet service.
Thnak you Fatih from Francesco and Silvia.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roman_Travellers
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2010

Dear Guest
I am glad to know that you had a nice stay at Best Point HotelHotel. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. Thank you so much for your precious comments and hope to see you in Istanbul again.

Reviewed 27 November 2010

We stayed at this small family-run hotel for 3 days, proir to joining a tour of the country. From the moment we were picked up at the airport ( you can arrange this by emailing Fatih, the owner), and met with smiles at the hotel, we were treated like royalty. In minutes we were drinking tea and offered Lokum /Turkish Delight ( the local sweet), and had our rooms upgraded- without even asking!. When we were using the free internet in the lobby we were served freshly baked cookies- right out of the oven. We really felt like home!

The staff is very well -trained , professional, warm and friendly. English is spoken, and so there is no problem with communication.

The hotel opened about 2 years ago and so the rooms and bathrooms are modern. Everything was spotless and very comfortable, beds included. An excellent, large and varied buffet breakfast was included in the very reasonable room rate.

The hotel is in the old town of Istanbul, the Sultanamet, and is within walking distance to all the major sites. There are many stores and restaurants right outside the door. It is a perfect location for a stay in Istanbul.

We highly recommend a stay at Best Point. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank lgenser
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We had a good experience while staying here this past week. I wished some previous reviews had taken some time to describe the hotel and surroundings a bit more so we could have a better sense of things and that will be my attempt here.

My wife and I arrived early evening on a Friday after a red-eye flight from Washington, DC to Frankfurt and then a slightly delayed flight to Istanbul. Our driver was waiting for us outside of baggage claim with a placard containing our name, just as the hotel promised. This decreased a lot of anxiety on whether they would be there or not. It was about 20-25 minutes to the hotel with light traffic.

The hotel is located on what I would describe as the backside of the hill where the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia are located. All the roads in the neighborhood are cobblestoned and narrow. Check-in was great with an offer to relax in the parlor with a complimentary glass of wine. Soon we were joined by a member of the staff who highlighted some sites on a map and made some suggestions on where to go when. There was no pressure to go on tours as some others have mentioned. We were dog tired and wanted to get to our room. We were a bit disappointed as we explicitly reserved a deluxe room with a Jacuzzi, but got one with a Turkish bath instead. I was thinking it was an inferior room, but apparently they are both the same price. They moved us to one the next day, so all worked out, as my wife used the Jacuzzi a couple of times. The flat screen TV is very tiny so just be prepared. It did have nearly 400 channels, but only three are in English (1, 2, 4). The other disappointing feature, but perhaps the norm here is the lack of an alarm clock. There is no way to check the time unless you have a watch. Furthermore, it would have been great to listen to the various radio stations and Turkish music. Oh, you will find the beds VERY firm (translate: hard). Pillows are very thin and they only give you a duvet, no sheet or blanket. I think these issues may be a Euro thing. They do give you two pillows, so you can double them up slightly.

Breakfast was in the basement with a big buffet. It is a great spread and too much than anybody would need. Many of the offerings are what we would have for an afternoon snack (olives, cheeses, olive spreads, meats, etc.), but it was fun. The meats looked old and were drying up, we didn’t touch them. Omelets are made to order, but were a bit too greasy for me. Orange juice is extra (2 euros, I believe). But they have cookies, hazelnut spreads, dried apricots, yogurt, raisins, etc.

The main building with lobby is about 4 stories with a roof-top terrace. This has a great view of the Blue Mosque with several bean bag chairs to lounge in. There are many tables, presumably used for eating in the warmer months. As you head into the back, you cross through a small parlor, out into a tiny courtyard and into another building. It looks as if this was another building located on the back street that may have purchased, torn down and built into a “matching” part of the original hotel’s style. This is where our room was located with a view out over a narrow street. This too, has a roof-top terrace, but a bit lower than the other one.

As you exit the hotel, you will see that it is pretty trashy directly ahead. A dumpster with a lot of trash spilling around, alas, welcome to Turkey. Plus, you will see many stray cats as you will around the rest of Istanbul. If you take a right up the narrow street, you go a short distance to a main intersection. All along there are other boutique hotels, restaurants, cafes, and some shops. If you go straight 2-3 blocks, you come right to the Four Seasons. If you take a left up the hill, you start heading in the direction of the Mosque. However, if you keep heading straight off this road, you enter a courtyard with many outdoor seats and tables. You will find a very large bazaar heading left at this point with many, many shops that seem relatively quiet of tourists and no sales pressure.

If you exit the hotel and take a left down the hill, it seems a bit shady, as we started to go this way at night. We discovered later that it is plenty safe. You go under the train tracks and this opens up to a street on the left with 2-3 restaurants. We ate at the first one on the left (on the corner) as somebody rated it good on a Web review. We would agree. By the way, it is important to note that two buildings down to the left of the hotel is a small convenient store. We regularly bought some bottles of beer here (Efes) and some chips to munch on. Very inexpensive alternative to sitting in a bar.

By the way, heads up on walking around these local streets (and elsewhere). Sidewalks are narrow, if they exist at all, and often taken up with cafes, shop displays, etc. This forces you into the street, but drivers here are aggressive and yield little to pedestrians. You will find cars routinely going the wrong way on one-way streets and often motorcycles and scooters driving on the sidewalks.

We also found the prayer calls at 6:30 am (heard at any hotel anywhere) very mystical and alluring. We actually looked forward to hearing them before going back to sleep.

Everywhere around the hotel I would consider very safe. Just start walking around and don’t be afraid if it doesn’t look like much, there is always a gem around the bend. We were gone literally all day, leaving at 9 am and returning at 5 pm most every day so we spent little time here. I hope this helps more with the physical description of the place and neighborhood. We would easily return to the Best Point.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 November 2010

I found this hotel by reading reviews and picked this to be the best for us. The reviews were right. We stayed one week and received a free upgrade to a nicer room for 4 nights. The location was perfect for walking to the amazing nearby sites. For a wonderful view of the area be sure to go up to the rooftop terrace. The beds were very nice and provided a restful night of sleep.
We had also used the internet to find prices for a tour to Cappadocia and Ephesus. I sent this to Best Point Hotel owner Fatih. He arranged a better tour at a cheaper price and it added a balloon flight in Cappadocia ! He did this thru Yume Tour Agency owner Remzi.
The hotel offers many local excursions but we took only one since they were rather expensive.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytimeoff
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Hi Dear

I really thank you very much for comments.I have read 2-3 times.That is very kind of you
Every time I'm ready to help guests.Because Best Point Hotel is a second home for all my guests on the Istanbul.
Thank you for my and my team have written interpretation!
OWNER

Reviewed 11 November 2010

Terrible rooms.The booking said room with a turkish bath but was greeted by a pigeonhole passing for a room..No space to even move about or keep your stuff.Bathroom is so tiny that you could barely stand and take a shower.Staff is terrible trying to sell u some package or the other and if u decline would be indifferent to you.One youngish guy claiming to be the owner is outright rude and arrogant.only positive is its location

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelocity55
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2010

Dear Guest

I am Fatih Yıldırım Hotel Owner.Thanks for decide to stayed from our hotel.
I was read your review about our hotel.

-You have already booked Economy Deluxe with Türkish Bathroom,
That rooms from entrance floor,from back side have small private garden also have small Private Türkish Bathroom.
You have already ask me from our desk;I would like a change room.I was said,if you will be pay extra about bigger Deluxe Room ,i can change your room.But you was said.Why i am pay extra?
You have al ready paid for Economy room.Economy room and Deluxe Room sure different,price also different.
I didnt accept it free upgrade,our hotel would you like to scribble.But dont do please.!

-You was said about staff need sell somethings..We just recomended our guest some activities from Istanbul.That one is not just our systm.All guests arrive Istanbul first time,we are give information..But what did you understand thats your got.

-Also you was said about me;
One youngish guy claiming to be the owner is outright rude and arrogant

Sure,I didnt accept it free upgrade for Deluxe room,you need write that one.

But that one is really not kindly.You can read all review from T.P about also our hotel also for me also for my staff.

Many thanks!

BEST REGARDS
OWNER
FATIH YILDIRIM

Reviewed 2 November 2010

Fatih and his staff are wonderfully helpful in all possible ways. There's a good travel agent next door, and a really good, cheap restaurant on the corner nearby with a set menu at the best price we saw anywhere in town. Literally a stone's throw from the Blue Mosque and not far from the other major tourist sites. Being in the Sultanahmet area it could be a problem to find parking - we were not driving!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple