“crazy traffic of Istanbul sometimes makes you to find a great get away”
Review of My Dora Hotel

My Dora Hotel
Ranked #298 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 August 2012

It was impossible to be at the other side of Istanbul on time due to traffic ..We enjoyed the beautiful Bahariye district ,it was already late to go home and needed to come back early in the morning to pick up some items that we ordered . We usually stay at doubletree by Hilton at Moda if we need to stay at the asian side of Istanbul,but they were full due to ..Me and my husband came across with this small hotel and really you can not imagine how nice it could be an old building turn to a hotel..It was totally non smoking but the team has arranged a nice terrace for smokers half open ,half closed with complimentary tea,coffee station nice wooden furniture ..the best part was to watch the bosphorus and be amazed with the well litted old Haydarpasa gar view....Rooms were very clean ,well arranged and bathroom had a great rain shower with massage fixtures..Probably we'll be there again to continue shopping till the late evenings in Bahariye...Thanks to my Dora hotel team.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
MYDORA, Front Office Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

As Dora Hotel Family, reading your kind review made all of us very happy. The most motivating thing for us is receiving such nice comments from our guests.
Accepting you also as a member of Dora Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Dora Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

when you get off the ferry turn left and walk through the bus park hotel ıs then opposıte look up for sıgn.kadıkoy ıs a great area,no tourıst crowds and loads of eat and drınk places.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GRAHAM H
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Lovely hotel in a great location on the Asian side - away from the rip-off tourist areas but close enough and only 5 minutes to get to the ferry across to the key sights on the European side. Travel is cheap too (2tl for ferry, tram & train any distance). Hotel is very clean, comfortable & quiet. Good selection in the buffet breakfast; staff very friendly & helpful. Lots of bars, good inexpensive places to eat & variety of shops etc all close to the hotel. It cost us only 6tl each to get from Ataturk Airport to the hotel with no hassle (by metro, tram & ferry) and was a pleasant journey. Also saw a Havas shuttle going to Sabiha Gokcen airport across the road. Would rather stay in a hotel on this side for sightseeing, than the European side and this hotel was excellent. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jozz13
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was passing through Istanbul on my way elsewhere and decided to stop for an extended (2 day) layover. A week before my arrival, I attempted to book some of the cheaper and more popular places in Sultanahmet, but was unsuccessful. My Dora is on the Asian side of the Bosporus, and so I didn't have any difficulty making a last-minute reservation.

I would have preferred to be walking distance to the old city, but it turned out very well at My Dora. It's walking distance (~2 minutes) to the ferry, which is super cheap (2 TKL) and easy, and provides nice bookends to a day of walking around the sights on the European side.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean, no complaints at all. Breakfast was simple but filling with plenty of vegetables, olives, cheeses, bread, and tea/coffee.

I highly recommend My Dora Hotel, but if you have to take a taxi from Ataturk Int'l Airport, add another $40 USD to your costs (more if you land one of the unscrupulous ones, as I did).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank teldonh
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for a few days last summer. checked out few other places in Kadikoy, i definitely think this is the best one. very clean room and friendly service. i love the breakfast in the terrace. definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank emreozen

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We have stayed in a couple of different locations in Istanbul on previous trip and booked 4 nights at this hotel with the intention of moving to a different location for another 4 nights. We ended up staying here for 8 nights. After 7 months of mostly back packing and basic hotels we treated ourselves to a suite here; very comfortable and very clean. Location was excellent, we loved Kadikoy and will definitely stay here again. Ferries are frequent - every 20 minutes - to European side of Istanbul, easy to get ferry to Princes Islands. Staff very welcoming and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hereandthere2011_11
MYDORA, Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 5 October 2011

The hotel is well-designed, clean and has a great staff. Though it's a small one, has all you would expect from a city hotel, and even more... I strongly reccomend you this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank OzlemKS
MYDORA, Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Guest,