“My Dora”

Ranked #370 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
The Hague, The Netherlands
“My Dora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

My Dora is more than what I expected: beautiful and clean rooms, good breakfast with fresh food, nice location in the most typical & less touristic part of Istanbul (Asian), reachable by foot from the ferry boat station, very helpful service and finally...attention for recycling (in the hall there are a few bins)...and don't miss the Baliksi Lokantasi just in front of my Dora (same str.): small restaurant with delicious fresh fish and vegetables!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 181anna181

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Marrakech, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We accidentally booked for one but when both of us turned up at midnight they weren't phased. We organized a pick up from the airport as we arrived late. The guy was there to meet us and everything went smoothly. He ever grabbed my bag
Hotel is nice and clean. Great breakfast, attentive staff.
I loved the areas to chill out in the lobby with the tea, and snacks. There were so many types of tea to try!
The staff were very helpful and knowledgable.
Good location to the port but not noisy considering the distance. Easy to get to anywhere in Istanbul.
The best part was the suprise bath/jacuzzi in the room.

Room Tip: Bring an eye mask, there was a gap in the curtain (darkest room we came across in turkey however)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

The hotel is small but good value for money. The breakfast selection was small and not good at all. Rooms were neat and bathrooms amazing! The hotel is located on the Asian side but its very close to the ferry and it was a pleasure going back and forth every day.

Room Tip: When booking, ask for the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Suhaifa
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I wanted a good base for a business trip that wouldn't break the bank, and be conveniently located close to partners in Kadikoy. After reading positive reviews on TripAdvisor I settled on a 4 day stay at My Dora. It's location - minutes walk from Kadikoy boat station, and the vibrant nightlife of Gunesli Bahce Street are perfect .. Who needs to go to the European side! Rooms are small, but comfortable and have just about everything you need. Breakfast is plentiful and fresh, and the staff are lovely. Why wait ... Just book!

Room Tip: Although in a back street, there can be times when you hear traffic noise. I was in room 204, so per...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stayed in My Dora for 4 nights in twin room. The room was a little small but it was very clean with a fantastic shower room.

The view from the terrace was a great place to see the red sun setting over Istanbul. Made even better with the complementary tea and coffee that is provided throughout the hotel.

The staff and service were fantastic. The staff helped out with everything that we needed to know and were always ready to help. The house keeping staff are the best I have ever come across even putting away a coat that I had left on a chair and placing it in the cupboard.

Kadikoy might seem out of the way but if you stay at My Dora you will only be 30 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of
Sultanahmet and Galata as well as being only an hour away from the Princes Islands. Kadikoy is cheaper and less crowded than the European side but boasts great shopping and restaurants to make the lazy days really lazy and chilled. Stay in Kadikoy and slow everything down.

My Dora would be my first choice when I would stay in Kadikoy again. Brilliant location with helpful staff and spotless accommodation.

• Stayed April 2013
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The hotel is situated in the less touristy Kadikoy, in the Anatolian side of Istanbul. The location is ideal, a 5 minute walk from the Kadikoy ferry. The touristy, European side of Istanbul is just a 1.5 tl (if you have an Istanbul Kart) ferry ride. The hotel rooms are very neat and cosy but it does get a bit stuffy. Very helpful staff and the buffet breakfast was amazing. Great value for money. With the same budget we found nothing better than hostels in the European side. The Kadikoy markets with very interesting dinner options, are just a short walk away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shrolima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights and the hotel was smart, room was cozy and neat. The location was stiuated conceniently near to almost famous attraction in istanbul, we made our trip at Hotel for sightseeing the city and locals. Manager of hotel was smiling and inviting. Great stay!

• Stayed January 2013