“Great Reception, Great Location”

The Byzantium Hotel & Suites
Ranked #196 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location for exploring Istanbul's major sites and if you are lucky, great views from your room across to the Asian side of Istanbul.

Very friendly welcome from staff who were also enthusiastic about helping you with your site seeing itinerary. Staff excellent throughout. Upgraded to one of their best rooms, there was little to find fault with. Tea and coffee making was included in the room, which was a bonus. The only minor negative was the small sheet covering the large bed, needed with the efficient air con blowing across the bed, which was not enough to cover two of you during sleep!

Great reviews from the rooftop bar and restaurant. Did not try the restaurant food. The hotel is located on a street with many hostels as well as a mix of hotels. The hostels encouraged a young and vibrant bar scene in the immediate bars around the hotel. Although often targeting younger visitors, most were fine for a drink and not all were too noisy in the evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room with a view across to Asia. Street side rooms might be noisy from bars although...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MontyFriendsAbroad
Esra Y, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at The Byzantium Hotel&Suites and for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read you found our hotel satisfactory in so many aspects and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the early morning reception to restaurant staff, all staff really polite and make you fell welcomed at the hotel.

It is difficult to find out, As it is a small door between restaurant and shopping...but, it is really great location. Few metres to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, restaurants, tour bus stop and shopping area. Decoration is nice, cleaning is conditions good. Wifii signal was great at the room. There is a spa option, massage, etc.

Breakfast restaurant has an amazing view, great staff and good food as well... really nice. There was a dinner at the roof restaurant, as well, I did not have this. But, it looked really nice one.

Concluding, for sure, next time I will go to Istanbul I will stay at the Byzantium Hotel; I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I got a really quiet room. Pleasant stay....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Rengs-UK

Dear Guest;

It was a great pleasure to host such a warm and welcoming personality like you here at The Byzantium Hotel Istanbul.

Your review and all good pointing reviews are giving us such a great power and our staff is very proud with the service you enjoy.

Like to thank you for taking time to share your stunning review here on tripadvisor, we love to host you again like your own sweet home here at The Byzantium Hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked this through BA for a three night stay with our "kids" (21 & 23). The taxi driver couldn't find it (20 Euro cab rank from Ataturk airport) but it was in the main drag of restaurants and hotels within 5 mins walk of Topkapi, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Great roof terrace with views of the sea and Blue Mosque and it was clean and friendly and despite it's position, not noisy at night. Breakfast was good and other than the rooms being slightly small, I'd highly recommend it if you want to be in The Old Town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank simonbb17

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for sharing your post. We are delighted to read that you enjoy your stay . We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits to Istanbul.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been there before one month ago only I can say my holiday was perfect. When I arrived the hotel warm welcomed and complimentary drink they served. Every body smiling and professional their job. Breakfast was great everyday fresh fruit and different choise. My room size ok for me and very clean. I would like to say my special thanks Ms. Esra who is great manager and always smiling also big soul everytime trying to help me and you can trust her any subject. She had great power. For my second trip I will definetely stay Byzantium first reason Ms. Esra second one great service and staff... Thank you Byzantium team and Esra ...

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Zuhair53
Esra Y, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your post. We are delighted to read that you enjoy your stay each time you visit us and we meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits to Istanbul.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for six nights, on our first trip to Istanbul. I would totally recommend it! It is a great base for exploring both the obvious sights - Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque etc (which were visible both from our room and the roof terrace!) - and also for taking ferry trips to the Asian side of the city, and the other side of the Golden Horn (the hotel is a ten minute work from Eminonu, the port where the ferries, and lots of buses depart from). The staff are absoltuely wonderful, could not do enough for my boyfriend and I. After we requested a room change after the first night (our orignial room was actually half of a suite that had been sectioned off by a dividing door which could be opened from our side!), we were moved whilst out sightseeing so we came back at the end of a long day to a brand new fantastic room. There was no quibbling, and the staff were very apologetic that we had been disappointed. From offering tea whenever we were waiting around the lobby to insisting that we let them call us taxis when needed, they were supremely helpful and friendly. A special shout-out to the Guest Relations manager Esra, who expended A LOT of energy in helping us arrange a day-trip to a small museum - she called every day on our behalf, arranged the taxi needed to take us the ferry port and equipped us with notes in Turkish to hand over to taxi drivers etc. on the Asian side. She was aways smiling, and so so kind to us. The hotel generally is very clean, and the breakfasts are great - you can really stock up for the day, and there is fresh fruit daily. The staff turned down our room every day, to a very high standard. I really can't fault it - for your first time in Istanbul, I don't think it could be bettered, you are really in the heart of everything. My only tip - ask for a room on the upper floors (we were on the fourth, and it was not too noisy, and we had the great aforementioned view), and venture beyond the road the hotel is on for dinner - being in such a central location means it is surrounded by 'tourist' restaurant all serving the same, generally inauthentic food, at the same relatively high price point. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a floor on the upper levels - we were on the fourth floor, facing the street, and yet were no...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francesca H

Dear Guest,

We as The Byzantium Hotel Team like to thank you very much for your time spending to write such a stunning review here on tripadvisor.

It was also a great pleasure for us to host you here like your own home from your sweet home and like to host you again or maybe your friends.

Our mission is to make our guests happy and like to let them feel like their own house here.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were Very pleased with our stay. Wè arrived midnight and Wè were Tired. Reception offered us Cup of tea and Turkish Delight. Very warm welcome. First night Wè stayed first floor another day hotel management upgrade our room Free. Wè had a complimentary drink at terrace restaurant. Also hotel had spa center. I would like to say my special thanks to guest relations manager
Ms. Esra Who made my holiday like 5 star,online check-in and everytime
Smile and really helpful. Also Mr. Sezar great service.
I would stay definitely ...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alsharma

Dear Guest;
It was a great pleasure for us to host you here The Byzantium Hotel and would like to thank you for your stunning review here on tripadvisor about our hotel and my team. It’s really great to know such a knowledgeable personality who travelled all over the world.

We would like to host you with a great pleasure again here with your whole family.

Your review is giving us such a great power and our staffs are very proud with the service you enjoy.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff were really helpful and pleasant. We were welcomed with a complimentary drink, which we took in their lovely terraced restaurant. We had our first meal there too with a really good musician playing. The room was clean and comfortable with a sea view. The hotel is situated just 5 minutes walk from some of the best sites in Istanbul including the Blue Mosque. The warm welcome was continued every time we arrived back from our trips in Istanbul. We would definitely stay at the Byzantium again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple