“A NICE HOTEL”

The Byzantium Hotel & Suites
Ranked #181 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed there 2 days from 20 till 22 July 2014 and we were completely satisfied. The only thing that bothered me was the unacceptable demand in front of all the guests on paying extra 2 euros for my Turkish coffeee I ordered in the breakfast room , from the Maitre. I can accept that this is a hotel's policy but I was embarrassed fby his demand in front of all the guestd ,like I was a theft.
Ersa, the lady who was resposnible for the guests is very friendly and informative but the Albanian lady in the reception desk needs to be more smily and welcoming. All in all, we enjoyed our stay there and we had a wonderful time in Istanbul

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DIMITRIOS1970
Esra Y, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feeback.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with The Byzantium Hotel&Suites on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to The Byzantium Hotel&uites in the near future.

Kind regards,

In Behalf Of The Byzantium Hotel Team

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Hello

I am MME PEDUSSELLE,

I really want to thank in the name of my husband and me all the staff.
ESRA and BILLO i hope the names are right...
you were very nice with us .
Also the blond girls who let me print out my ticket was very nice.
Breakfast is good .
The location is exellent.
Rooms are a little small but it is ok they are confortable .

Bye

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iram p

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to share your past experience at The Byzantium Hotel&Suites. We are delighted to see your comments about our perfect amenities and we are extremely thankful to read that our team was able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for posting your review; we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in The Byzantium Hotel in August 2014 on our first trip to Turkey. Coming from Canada and experiencing other European hotels The Byzantium was spacious! It was clean, well kept, and the staff were friendly. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel as though we were the most important people for the staff to deal with. A hotel we will stay in the next time we are in Istanbul!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary Jo Z
Esra Y, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and I have only good words to say. Our room was very well equipped and clean. It was overlooking Bosporus. The staff was friendly and especially the receptionist Dorina was all the time available to give information about the sites. Breakfast was ok but I would prefer more selection of sweets instead. Overall a very good choice given it's central location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view to Bosporus.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dimitris C

Dear Guest;

It will not only be a pleasure, also an honor for us to host you again at The Byzantium Hotel.

We are overwhelmed by your kind review which flows out straight from your heart. All our staffs join me to thank you for the same.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I decided to write a review purely because of the incredible guest relations manager they employ. Esra is very friendly and always ready to help. She made me feel almost like at home when she welcomed me. Working in customer services myself I can say she does perfect job. She gives very precise information about everything - starting from directions, including taxi fees, museum opening hours, etc. She can substitute an advise of professional guide. The hotel itself is very clean, location is great, walking distance to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Top Kapi palace is just few minutes.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank SalomeDu

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Highly recommend w/out hesitation. Exceptionally good and consistent service for nine nights. The front desk manager could be a little more helpful/pro-active. Upon checkout, my credit cards weren't registering w/the system she offered no solution, just gave me a blank stare. However, Esra saw the situation and recommended I use the nearby ATM. Same staff member came to my rescue when the manager wanted to give me about 35 Euros in coins, Esra stepped in and offered to accept the coins and give me paper TL. Esra and the rest of the staff from the front desk service to the restaurant staff went above and beyond to answer questions and anticipate our needs. Parts of the hotel are being renovated and the hotel is a little dated. But the housekeeping service was flawless. And the location is perfect. Will return in the fall.

Room Tip: The a/c isn't the strongest and opening windows on the street side is an invitation for noise al...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AndersonMia

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a perfect hotel! The rooms are big and very clean, they are cleaned every morning. The staff is very helpful and gentle, especially Esra who is is the guest relation manager and who helped us several times to find our way. Finally, the breakfast is perfect with a large choice and opened at least till 10:30 am.
This is a great hotel and I will go back there if I want to return to Istanbul someday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThomasGobert

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feeback.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to The Byzantium Hotel&Suites in the near future.

Kind regards,