“Suites were an amazing value”

Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites
Ranked #221 of 1,176 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel was amazing. We stayed in a suite which was located down the street from the main hotel. The suite had a sitting area, jacuzzi tub(which was amazing to unwind in after being in the heat all day) and a terrace with a view of the sea. It was very cheap considering and the breakfast was lovely. I loved Turkey and would stay there again if we ever came back. We have been all over Europe and this was by far one the better rooms for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha H

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Staff is very welcoming and always willing to help. The terrace has a lovely view to Blue Mosque and ocean. Breakfast is delicious. Decoration is nice. I would stay here again. Tram station is 15 minutes walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
EmineSultanHotel, Yönetici at Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Honoured Guest,

It has been a great pleasure for all of us at Emine Sultan to host you at our hotel.

We are trying to do our best about our service and we want to make feel yourself like your home İn Istanbul.

Thanks for your advice about our lovely breakfast room with fabulous bosphorus view.

We kindly want to mention that to our potential guests, Sultanahmet tram station is 6-7 minutes by walking to Emine Sultan Hotel.

We wish you an enjoyable long trip and we will be pleased to welcome you back in the near future again.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

If any one will go to Heart of the Istanbul Sultanahmet & St.Sophia area...Therefor your home is ready for you..You can go directly as your second home...

P.S Please firstofall ask for the Reservation perhaps you cant find a room. Beceause there are many guest for that hotel all around the world..

Very nice decorated ,lovely family atmospher, Respectly staff ready for help you everytime.

Room Tip: Upstairs and street view room...But you need first Reservations ,Dont forget that
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel is well located and comfortable, Although the room we had was quite small - it was well worth the excellent deal we got (46 euros per night). The bathroom was also small, but with the most awesome power shower. The breakfast - served on a covered terrace with a lovely view - was buffet style with quite a bit of choice, although things were usually cold unless you got there right at the start.

The staff was helpful on the whole (other than one - see below) and one of them (on the desk at night) was particularly helpful and booked a bus ticket for us on his debit card (you cannot use foreign cards on Turkish bus company websites). We also had some trouble with the AC not working on the first night, but staff were helpful - they gave us a fan for that night and sorted the problem out the next day.

Fresh fruit and cake/ Turkish delight at the reception is a particularly nice touch.

The not-so-good bit : Tourist information was not easily forthcoming at the front desk. In particular, one of the staff members there during the day was only interested in selling tours. Unfortunately that also meant that he gave misleading advice in response to questions about general prices, tickets - trying to promote tours instead. This happened with us at least twice - and I noticed the same person doing this with another guest as well.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor is quite close to the road - as the hotel is on an incline - leaving the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I do not usually write reviews, but my experience at Emine Sultan Hotel was so horrible that I think people need to hear about it. I had an awful experience at the Emine Sultan Hotel due to a confusing incident with the staff and a taxi driver, and I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE who visits Istanbul. Please save your money and find another place to stay. Let me explain...

I stayed here for about five days with my mother, and upon our arrival the hotel staff seemed welcoming. They offered us tea/coffee, which I thought was nice, but when they brought it to us they proceeded to waste 30+ minutes of our time going through brochures of tours/services/spas that we had no interest in. Okay fine, it's alright to try to sell us on some things but we were hungry, tired, and we felt as if the staff were pushing us too hard. It was very frustrating--this was strike one.

The room itself was situated on the third floor with a nice view, but it was incredibly cramped. I concede that this was my own fault; I should have read the reviews more carefully, so it's no fault of the hotel. However, when they showed us our room, the two twin beds were pushed together into one giant one, which we had not asked for, and the staff member was not willing to fix it that night, telling us he would take care of it the next day. The TV was broken (and, I might add, was never fixed as promised during our stay). The towel rack broke off the wall of the bathroom the first night. The metal rung to hang the shower head was also broken. I understand that this is an older building, but it seemed as if our entire room was in disrepair. This was strike two.

The night before we were scheduled to depart, I asked a staff member at the reception desk to arrange a taxi for the next morning. He explicitly asked if we were going to Ataturk international airport, and I explicitly said yes. In the morning, the taxi driver arrived promptly and we were bid farewell by a different staff member. As we drove, I noticed that the driver was taking a strange route--not the route we had taken from the airport to the hotel when we first arrived. I figured he was trying to avoid traffic and did not ask him (there was also the issue of our language barrier). After a while, however, I noticed on the GPS on my phone that we were going in the completely wrong direction, and I quickly pointed it out. Apparently the hotel staff had told him we were going to the OTHER airport, not the international airport as we had explicitly stated. The driver turned around and headed toward Ataturk, and we were close to missing our flight at this point.

By the time we arrived, we had worked up a hefty meter charge for the taxi. My mother and I weren't sure what to do. On one hand, of course we should have made sure that we were going to the right place before we got in the taxi. I suppose it could be argued that it was our responsibility. But on the other hand, it did not even cross my mind that it was something I HAD to reiterate, considering I placed my trust in the hotel staff that they had communicated with the taxi driver where we wanted to go. So we argued with the driver, claiming that it wasn't our fault he had to take a circuitous route and that we were not the ones who told him to go to the wrong airport. We wanted to pay just the amount it took to the get to the correct airport (which was about half the fare he wanted), and have Emine Sultan Hotel pay for the rest, because it was our impression that they were at fault. The driver called the hotel, argued with them in Turkish, and then handed the phone to me, at which point I explained the situation and asked them firmly to pay the fare difference. The person I spoke to said to me, "Okay, we will pay it." I then handed the phone back to the driver, thinking that they would then arrange the details of the payment, but the driver hung up and told us that the hotel refused to pay and told him it was OUR responsibility.

This infuriated me on so many levels. What kind of hotel reception lies to its customers on the phone like that? It was an incredibly stressful situation for all of us in the taxi, and to tell me one thing and the driver another made me feel as if they were simply deceiving us and did not care at all about helping us out during a stressful time. I feel cheated and lied to. It would be different if they just told me straight up that they could not pay, and that they were sorry about the miscommunication, but instead they chose to LIE to their PAYING CUSTOMERS and put us at risk of missing our international flight.

The staff at Emine Sultan do not deserve your business. I am amazed at how many glowing reviews they have gotten, because my mother and I were not shown that kind of hospitality or that level of customer service AT ALL. Instead, we were left in the cold.

No matter whose responsibility it was to pay for the taxi fare difference, I think that they way the hotel reception handled our situation demonstrates a lack of respect and hospitality. I am so disappointed that all of this happened, because it completely ruined our trip. I will never be coming back here again and I feel like the staff of Emine Sultan Hotel owe me and mother a huge apology, if not a refund for the chaotic situation they caused.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Christine P
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Perhaps the best breakfast we had in Turkey! Great food, amazing coffee, friendly staff durring the day (the guy at night was a bit swarmy, he was a real buzzkill), FANTASTIC VIEW from the breakfast nook. Facilities were in great condition. Water was hot enough, beds were soft enough. Overall our favorite, although pricey, hotel of the trip.

Room Tip: Go for the third or fourth floor to get away from street noise and be closer to breakfast in the AM!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EmineSultanHotel, Yönetici at Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Honoured Guest,

First of all thanks a lot for your all positive intent while writing a review.

We are trying to do our best while giving you best service whatever you need like copying a CD which you liked at breakfast terrace.

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Thanks for your advice about our educated staff. We are like a family in a house.

We wish you an enjoyable trip and we will be pleased to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

A few words of praise for the staff at reception. They made every effort to cater to our every need - from repairing the telephone and TV, giving us directions, recommending places to see or visit. We had two visitors drop by and they served tea and cake without even asking. Took time to copy a CD of Turkish music because I couldn't find it at any of the music stores. I especially want to mention Urgu and Dorgan - two of the most pleasant and helpful hotel staff I've ever come across. The hotel is small but well appointed and whatever other else it may have lacked the staff made it memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
EmineSultanHotel, Yönetici at Emine Sultan Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Honoured Guest,

We are trying to do our best to give you best recommendations that we sure about.

Thanks for your advice about our fabulous terrace view !

Kindest Regards ,