“i'zaz lofts was the best choice!”
Review of I'zaz Lofts

I'zaz Lofts
Ranked #56 of 1,091 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Our room was very clean, the location is perfect, value reasonable, and the servise was excellent!!!The staff was very helpful, very polite, and gave us any information we needed! I believe that it is an excellent choise!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 March 2011

We just stayed at I'zaz and could not have had a better experience. Everything was just perfect.

The rooms have a simply and modern design, and are well-appointed and well-maintained. Comfortable bed with quality linens and towels. Wireless worked perfectly. Access is through numeric codes, rather than keys or cards, which we liked. Access to a shared kitchen and laundry was a nice plus. The manager, Selin, was extremely friendly and helpful. Perfect location on Balik Pazari just a few blocks of Istiklal Caddesi, with tons of restaurants and shops nearby, and easily walkable to both Taksim and Tunel tram stations.

If you are the type of traveler who likes to feel like you've temporarily moved to the city that you are visiting, this is the place for you. We felt like we had found our studio apartment in Istanbul. On the other hand, if you are the type of traveler who wants the hand-holding provided by a full-service hotel, I'zaz is probably not your style.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I actually stayed in I'zaz in March of 2009. I've always been meaning to write a review but haven't until now. However, it goes to show that this place has always been on my mind. I LOVE I'zaz!

I've always stayed in large chain and boutique hotels. I'zaz is neither. I'zaz is in its own class of being a very special and rare "hotel". I actually wish there were more places like I'zaz. The building is small and thus only has four rooms available at a time. The entire staff is very nice and always helpful. Elif was helping me during my stay and I couldn't ask for better service. There is one lady that takes care of all four rooms and she did a perfect job everyday. In the evening after Elif was gone for the day, a very nice, helpful, and polite gentlemen was present to make sure that everything was taken care of.

The room I stayed in was on the second floor. Everything about it was perfect. It was fairly large, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was excellent, and the furniture was very nice. Most importantly, the room was spotless from top to bottom. There is a fridge in the room for your snacks and drinks and a safe as well for your personal belongings. The room also has an internet phone which allows you to make international phone calls at very reasonable rates. The free wi-fi was also a BIG plus. After coming back at the end of each day, my room was always properly cleaned and fresh upon my arrival. It was always a pleasure being in the room.

On the top floor, there is a full kitchen and eating area. The kitchen is open for all guests to use and was always clean and stocked with available tea and condiments in addition to dishes, silverware, and cooking pots and pans with utensils to cook whatever you desired. The eating area right next to the kitchen was really nice. The whole area is enclosed by glass so it has a nice open, bright, and airy feel with a nice view at night. On cold nights, they have heaters out on the patio that you can turn on and off yourself as needed. It was very convenient.

The building has a security system that is active 24/7. To enter the building you must type in a password on a keypad outside the door. In addition to the security system, the building has cameras everywhere (except the rooms of course) to ensure our safety. I felt very safe and very comfortable during my entire stay.

The location is pretty much perfect. You literally are in the center of Taksim so all the action happens around you. A fair warning, however, since you are in the center of the city, you should expect to hear typical sounds that you would hear in the center of any city. The rooms are not loud by any means, but if your windows are open, you will hear people in the street below (which I liked actually). The hotel is right in the historic fish and flower street so walking to and from the hotel everyday was an absolute delight. It was always something new and special everyday and not even the most expensive hotels in Istanbul can provide you with the same experience as staying at I'zaz. Staying at I'zaz, I felt that I was PART of the city and not just seeing the city. It gave me the feeling of a local and what living in Istanbul would be like.

I really have no complaints about I'zaz. It is the perfect place to stay if you don't want to be bothered by annoying hotel workers, prefer to do things at your own pace, are looking for a place like home while far from home, and just all around comfort, I'zaz is your place. While staying at I'zaz, I really felt like I was at home, something that I have never felt with any other hotel.

In conclusion, I'zaz is a place that I will probably remember for the rest of my life. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2011

The rooms were cosy and comfortable with modern decoration and hi-tech devices. the common room had a nice view and was ideal for relaxing. and most important the staff was extremely polite and helpful and replied quickly to our e-mails.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Apartments were superbly located and were nicely designed and well maintained. The staff were very welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The shared living room and kitchen was a lovely place to spend time in and talk to the staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We decided to stay in Beyoglu rather than next to the Topkapi / Hagia / Blue Palace / Mosque / Hamam... and it opened up chances to explore the antique shops down towards the Bosphorus; Nisantasi only a (long) walk past the concert hall; and opportunities for neighbourly raki and Efes libations 20 metres from the front door - and a short walk to the flower passage - what more could a traveller want?
Clean, stylish,enclosed roof terrace, vertiginous circular staircase for that Hitchcockian touch... we had to be asked to leave....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

2nd time here, nice rooms, clean and great aircon during the hot summers!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business