“I'zaz Lofts”
Review of I'zaz Lofts

I'zaz Lofts
Ranked #55 of 1,081 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I went to Turkey and Greece for our Honeymoon, and we decided on I'zaz for our first time in Istanbul. We arrived late due to travel problems and although it was after midnight, the staff remained available, attentive and very friendly. Within minutes, we felt like we were home, they helped with our luggage, there was no language barrier at all and they greeted us with the proper amount of information rather than inundating us with unimportant things and asking for tips in the process. We instantly felt like we belonged there and that was so important to us.

The location of I'zaz is perfect too. Its located right in the center of town, among the cobblestone walking streets of Beyoglu. There are wonderful shops and restaurants within walking distance and getting anywhere is easy from their location. The lofts themselves are perfectly set up, one on each floor (4 total) with a community kitchen/terrace on the roof. This allowed for us to come and go as we please and we didn't have to worry about tons of hotel guests all over the place. If you are looking to be treated like you are in a luxury hotel but without all the expense and without being made to feel like a tourist, let I'zaz be your guide to one of the most fascinating and beautiful cities in the world.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2012

My son and I stayed for 10 days at Izaz and we loved it - a stylish, comfortable room, wonderful staff, particularly the manager Sadi who was unfailingly kind and helpful, a great kitchen on the rooftop terrace which we often found that we had to ourselves and the location is simply superb. It can't be any better - just feet away from the market, bakeries, baklava shops, restaurants, shops, cafes and one minute's walk from Istiklal Caddesi. The area is buzzing with life. While I happen to like hearing the sounds of the street wafting in as I sleep, for those who want silence, the doors and windows are double glazed and it's very quiet inside the studio once you shut them. The views are not great but I enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watching people go by in the alleyway and hearing the sounds of the main street nearby. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Have visited Istanbul for 4 times, I'zaz loft was my favorite!
I really enjoyed my stay in I'zaz. Staff was very helpful & friendly. The room is trendy, conferrable and stylish, & great location. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Recently spent another week at the wonderful I’zaz lofts and had a fantastic time again. The I’zaz is so well situated in the centre of everything but offers a nice getaway if you want to escape the hustle and bustle. The lofts are really lovely and the rooftop terrace and kitchen are superb for enjoying a cold beer or glass of wine. Fantastic staff, Sadi is always available to help and assist. Some great place to eat nearby. Absolutely love Istanbul and staying at the I’zaz just makes it the best experience ever. Can’t wait for my next trip!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank RnA31
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at Izaz Lofts for a full week and Sadi, the owner/host was excellent, the room was very good for the money, the location couldn't have been much better (very near the major pedestrian street in Istanbul), and we had a very nice stay. While the room was not huge, it was big enough that we didn't feel cramped; the bed was comfortable (queen size) and the bed linen was of good quality and comfortable; the comp Wi-Fi worked fine with no problems, but I never could figure out how to use the TV with satellite feed (but then I didn't bother to ask Sadi to explain it to me either and he surely would have if I had asked; the bathroom had a shower--no tub, and was adequate but could use a shelf in the shower stall; and when we did have a problem (electric supply), it was handled quickly and efficiently and with concern.

Lots of windows in the room but no view except of the building directly across the narrow street from the Izaz, but the street is blocked and is for pedestrian traffic only (except for deliveries to nearby shops). It could be noisy at night but with the windows closed, no problems getting a good night's sleep.

All-in-all a good staff and very good value for the money with a really great location.

So, all-in-all, it was good and we would recommend it. There is no view and the room

Room Tip: Go with the 2nd floor or 3rd floor loft.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

We loved staying at I'zaz Loft. It is like being in your own apartment with helpful staff.
This is a tiny hotel, with only four rooms, one on each floor. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed with an excellent bathroom. There is a lovely room at the top with a great view over Istanbul, with a kitchen, which the guests can use.
There is no lift and rooms are accessed by a spiral staircase, so only suitable for fit people!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank CeliaPatron
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I was in Istanbul for a week of meetings. My company usaully books me into one the the big hotels in Taksim. This time I was able to book my own place and took a stab at a smaller hotel. I am so happy I choose Izaz. For one thing this not like any hotel I have ever been to. After the taxi driver was able to zero in on the place found it have just four rooms. I stayed on the fourth floor. From what I understand the lower floor have higher cieling and a bit more space, but I was just below their terracem on the roof. This an awesome feature about the place esspecailly in the spring weather to enjoy a beer and meet with colleages. The rooms are modern and super clean. I especailly liked the neigborhood, so much more flavor than Taksim Square. Peace

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business