“Fantastic apartment”
Review of I'zaz Lofts

I'zaz Lofts
Ranked #54 of 1,078 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at i'zaz apartments in Istanbul. We had the top floor which hadevetything, including a balcony overlooking Istanbul. It was equipped with everything we needed. Great kitchen, comfortable couches and bed and lots of natural light. Great area and location, cool bars, cafés and clothing stores along this street as well as a couple of supermarket. This place helped us enjoy our stay even more, a great way to finish off our turkey trip.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cepies

Reviewed 16 September 2013

In genreal I am not a huge fan of hotels. I had to come to Istanbul for a wedding of one of my mates. I hate getting crammed into a room that has no character or the hotel workers look like they hate their job. At I'zaz this is NOT the case. These people really put a lot care into making sure that you have a great stay. Their rooms are quite large for the price I paid for the stay. As I wake up early to get my email business out of the way, I particularly like the terrace up on the roof of the building. Watching the city as it wakes is great with a fresh cup of tea. The managers of I'zaz were able to guide me to restaurants off the beaten path that I would not have know about on such as short trip. All in all , these guys are spot on.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor. There is balcony there that lets a nice breeze into the room if you like...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'zaz was highly recommended by a friend who did a lot of research prior to his stay. I traveled there with my mom, aunt and uncle ages 77-81. Even before arriving, I was impressed by the prompt and informative email responses by Sadi the host. I felt that we were in good hands as our airport transfer was arranged and all my questions. When we arrived Sadi and Ali the evening manager were there to greet us and helped us with our luggage. A restaurant was suggested and we had an excellent dinner. The location of I'zaz is perfect. Not as much foot traffic right in front but right off the very busy restaurant row. Amazing service by Sadi and Ali! Always great suggestions and extra help like taking me to find an outlet converter and coming to find us when we got lost. Thank you, Ali! If you are location challenged like me, ask Sadi to write down for you a landmark for a taxi to drop you off at. I couldn't tell a taxi where to drop us off and we ended up much farther away than we wanted. Very close walk to major famous street IstikliaI Street in Taksim. I did worry about having no elevator but everyone did fine and my 81 year old mom who doesn't like to walk stairs said that our service, room and location made up for walking up the stairs. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our first time to Istanbul with the perfect place to stay. Sadi our gracious host has an amazing 4 room inn. We chose the third floor room with a balcony which is great to hang out after a day of outings.

The room has all the amenities of a hotel. The building is a walk up so don't expect an elevator. If you enjoy being an independent traveller and coming home ever night to your own loft Izaz is the perfect place.

We can only speak highly of Sadi and we highly recommend Izaz for your visit to Istanbul.

Izaz is located one block from Nevizade the gathering place of many local eateries and two blocks from Istiklal Caddesi.

Thank you Sadi and Izaz for making our stay in Istanbul truly memorable

Mark and Bill

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We chose to stay at izaz with our family during our recent trip. Me and my husband were a little worried first as we had our 2 daughters, 2 and 6, with us but it was perfect. It is so close to everything yet not in the middle of the crowds. For us the best of it was the laundry room, washer and dryer, located at the basement. Not only it was free of charge but also had all supplies as in detergent, softener etc for the guests' use. Traveling with kids means you need to make laundry often so having access to it at all times and not paying a fortune as we would in a regular hotel, was like heaven.
During our trip we came to conclusion that does not matter where you stay in Beyoglu, there is noise as it is always very crowded by the locals and tourists. However, izaz was located in a small hidden street and had amazing sound proofing so we all slept as we were at home.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids, I suggest the 2nd floor, as the room has a good space for the crib e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beth N
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Istanbul in May and luckily was able to secure a room at Izaz for 4 nights. To say it was amazing would be an understatement. The location was incredible, close to bars, restaurants, shopping but it was tucked away in a quiet alley. The suites were beautiful, extremely clean and we even had a balcony. There was a roof top terrace which was gorgeous with a small communal kitchen that you could use. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly! I would 100% recommend Izaz to any of my friends and family and hope that on my next trip to Istanbul I will be able to stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I’zaz building has a rich Greek history, and with its trendy décor, staying here almost feels like being part of a living city. It was a perfect local experience and crew’s friendly professional help makes me feel home and totally safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo