“The Best City Hotel in the World”

Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus
Ranked #37 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed for 4 days and while there we had an amazing experience -- great rooms, amazing spa, fine dining (including in room) and the best staff we have experienced globally. All this was topped by the fact that my wife became critically ill while staying there and they helped us get the best medical help available in Istanbul.

Once in the hospital (The American Hospital which was great with wonderful doctors and a first class ICU), they sent their hotel doctor to visit us and follow her care. In short, their staff went way beyond anything we have ever experienced anywhere (especially given that neither of us has become critically ill in a foreign country so far from home ).

I can't say enough about the exceptional service and amazing hotel facilities. They are luxurious and their staff spectacular. If you ever go any where, and by chance become critically ill (which I don't recommend), this is the hotel I recommend. Thank you Hotel Four Seasons Bospherous!! You saved our lives - literally!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Libertb
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Libertb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience and for sharing this post.

First of all, I'm terribly sorry to read that your wife had to encounter a health problem during your trip in Istanbul; however, it's a big relief to see that all went well at the end and we've managed to take good care of both of you during this stressful process.

I hope that you will come back very soon to enjoy the Hotel fully...

Best regards from Istanbul,

Leonardo Baiochhi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Istanbul , Besiktas for six nights in june.

I decided to stay superior room.

The rooms were huge , spacious and really comfortable. The pool area was lovely alongside the Bosphorus.I watched to sea from room's window.      Spa was very expensive .Animation team was funny.

I was happy that I used all facilities .The staff and service were excellent. The food was wonderful.

I paid 1794TL for my room for one night but breakfast wasn't include this cost.Breakfast was 110TL for one day.The all cost was 3960TL.

Everything is great about the hotel.

If I can go to the Istanbul , I want to stay there again...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caner C

Dear Caner C,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in June. I'm happy to read that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and many thanks for your kind comment on our staff and the service.

I totally agree with your last note; if you come back to Istanbul, we definitely want to be your host again...

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I usually stay at the FS Sultanahmet, which I love. This was my first experience at the FS Bosforus, I travelled togethe with my wife, and we both LOVED it, even in winter. Next stay will be at this Hotel, no doubt!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank George P

Dear George P,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in December. It is a great pleasure to read that you went home with nice memories of Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus after your first stay with us. We are lucky to have two beautiful properties in Istanbul, reflecting the different faces of this magical city.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again during your next trips to Istanbul...

Best regards to Sao Paulo,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I must say the best ever in Istanbul..Service !! Perfect. When you come to the hotel,the people are so welcoming that you don't want to leave the hotel, The garden and the sea all and all the best what you can see in Istanbul. The Aqua restaurant..such a good Italian food...I am sure we will be back.

2  Thank Moritz G

Dear Moritz G,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay with your family in December.
I'm happy to see that you had an amazing time with us and I keep reading the part where it says "...the people are so welcoming that you don't want to leave the hotel". This is absolutely what we are striving to do and nothing can be a bigger motivator than our guests' comments.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again very soon...

Best regards to Kuwait City,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a fabulous time at the Four Seasons Bosphorus. We arrived early (around 5:30 a.m.) and we weren't expecting our room to be ready. We only had to wait ten minutes for our room and they offered us Christmas cookies and coffee while we waited. The service was extremely warm and friendly throughout our stay. The location was perfect and the property was very well kept. Everyone from the front desk attendants, housekeeping, and the doormen were lovely. I hope we have the opportunity to stay here in the future.

Dear Brobro77_12,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in December. It makes me very happy to read that you and your family went back home with heartwarming memories about the Hotel, service and most importantly the staff.

I hope that we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you again during your future visits to Istanbul...

Best regards to Shanghai,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Terrific experience from the time we arrived until we left. The staff was helpful, professional and very courteous. They took time to get to know what we needed and wanted. The property is spectacular.

1  Thank SLDCDA

Dear SLDCDA,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in December. It is a big pleasure for me to read that we met your expectations and my team ensured that you got a first class experience while you were at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again...

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here with 8 people to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
Wonderful hotel with good rooms and great service.
The service included upgrading us from a junior suite to an even larger suite when we found out that the airco system made clanking noises every now and then.
It also included a small personalized gift for my birthday.
The hotel spa is gorgeous with a great variety of excellent massages.
Breakfast buffet offers a lot of choices (Turkish, Asian, European).
We had dinner at the hotel once, which was OK, but could not compare to the best restaurants of Istanbul (like Topaz).
Yes, it is (very) expensive but for a special occasion worth the price for all the pampering you get.
Final tip: arrange for a water taxi to and from the airport. A much shorter trip (Istanbul traffic can be a nuisance) and much more enjoyable. The hotel can book it for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Schreuder,

Thank you very much for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus for such a special celebration, my heartfelt congratulations to both you and your wife. I'm delighted to read that we ensured a memorable stay for you and your entire family.

I see that you had the opportunity to use the outlets and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience. I totally agree with your comment about the water taxi by the way, it certainly makes life easier in Istanbul!

I hope that you will visit us again very soon...

Best regards from Istanbul,