“A memorable stay!”

Ranked #32 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A memorable stay!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is the best hotel that we ever stayed in. Staff is excellent and beautifully situated at the bank of Bosphorus. Room was beautiful and restaurant food is great. Loved the ambiance at the terrace.

Room Tip: Try to get the room facing Bosphorus
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J K
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear J K,

Thank you very much for sharing this post. It is a pleasure to read that you've enjoyed your time with us and we've managed to ensure a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future,

Leonardo Baiocchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Trinidad
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Beautifully situated on the bank of the Bosphorus, what really marks this hotel out as special are the incredible staff and the standard of service. I don't know how they did it but within hours of my arrival I was being greeted by name by almost everyone I me. The most attentive, friendly and helpful staff I have ever met. Well done Four Seasons. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve993,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in February.

It is an honor for us to read that you've named Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus as "the best hotel you've ever stayed in". There can be no bigger motivator than these words and you can be assured that you made my day with your comments on the attentiveness of the staff and the service level you experienced during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

london
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Very comfortable and safe hotel. Been to many hotels around the world I can recommend this as one of the best. Four seasons as a chain cannot really be faultered. The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent with great power overhead and hand shower and a separate bathtub. The pool and gym were also excellent although there is no sunshine in the basement pool. The bathrooms come with l'occitane products which I am not a fan. The staff are wonderful and bend over backwards to help you in all parts of the hotel including the restaurant and the door staff. Sea view room would have been nice but very expensive but the garden views are fine.

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool are probably better for easier access to the pool
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear ubbidente,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in February. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found the Hotel comfortable and had the opportunity to use Spa facilities.

I've noted your comment on l'occitane products in the rooms and I can tell you that we are at the process of adding a local product line as an alternative so that we can also showcase the valuable local brands of this country. Please contact me at leonardo.baiocchi@fourseasons.com at your convenience, and I will make sure that there is a note for your future visits.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the nearest future...

Best regards,

Dubai
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I really like the hotel, it's condition, location, staff. Everybody is welling to help and always smiling. The room condition was excellent. The first time I entered to my room I smiled some smoking Oder although it is a free smoking hotel, and the hotel were happy to change the room in few minutes. I tried the Restaurant and the lounge and it was having tasty food. One thing I found that hotel switch some of their menus to have euro rate instead Turkish lira, this means that rate my change base on the exchange rate

The atmosphere of the hotel is one of a kind. Nice, luxuries and well decorated. The external area is wow, where you can walk/ set on the bosphorus and enjoy the view.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sis1111,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay in January and for recommending Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus to other travellers. It is a pleasure to read that you've enjoyed the outlets and found the food tasty. I also appreciate your kind feedback on your room change. We might sometimes face challenges about smoking issues, however, I'm glad to hear that it was taken care of efficiently by our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

Best regards to Dubai,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just what you'd expect from four seasons with a superb location right on the front. This puts it a little away from the major sights but that's not a real problem. Unfortunately they gave me a room above a function room and this was noisy in the evening I checked in. Room was changed with no fuss.

You might want to check out the newer Shangri La hotel that has opened up next door.

Handy for Besictas football ground.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a room with a view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SingBob
Dear SingBob,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in December and for your kind comments about the high standard of service as well as physical conditions.

Secondly, I truly appreciate your feedback and I'm very sorry to read that you had to make a room change because of a noisy event taking place at the Hotel. I hope it hasn't shadowed your entire experience and you can be assured that we are working on this issue.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future...

Best regards to Singapore,

Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

You might think that after staying at a prison, staying at a palace would be quite a relief.
But if the prison and palace both happen to be called Four Seasons, you would simply be switching one top-level and luxurious location for the other – although you might wonder why this Canadian-based hotel chain had chosen to take over two such disparate locations in the same city.
Perhaps it’s because they perfectly capture two of the dominant feelings of a visit to this bridge between Europe and Asia:
The prison is in the historic old town, while the palace - aka the Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus - is indeed on the banks of the Bosphorus, and represents modern Turkey – from the everyday fishboats on the river to the half-million-dollar wedding taking place one afternoon and evening on the hotel grounds.
As always with Four Seasons, everything is first-class. But it's the special extra touches that make all the difference, and that make staying at a Four Seasons Hotel such a memorable experience.
I arrived here a day before my friend, so asked the hotel what I could do to make her arrival something special. I picked her up at the airport, and we returned to find our room had been decked out with the special Honeymoon Welcome: flowers, balloons, rose petals strewn everywhere, special treats to eat and drink.
All services are provided with guest convenience in mind. For example, instead of our having to exchange money, the front desk simply provided Turkish lira and put the amount on our hotel account.
The Four Seasons isn't cheap, but you don't mind spending money if you receive good value. This worldwide chain of hotels and resorts always gives excellent value, and time and again exceeds expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear carpediemoz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for letting us know about your lovely experience in June. I'm happy to see that you've stayed at our both properties in Istanbul and I loved the way you've described the hotels.

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus and Sultanahmet for your honeymoon. It is an honor for us. I'm delighted to read that we have ensured a memorable stay and managed to exceed your expectations. I congratulate you both and look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 1 March 2014

If the comfort of your stay will play a relevant part in your trip, then the Four Seasons Bosphorus is definitely the place to stay in Istanbul. The cordiality of its staff, from the guy that opens the door to you until the chef in its restaurant, deserves some special mention. The interaction with the Concierge made a relevant difference in our trip. They were really great! The breakfasts were impeccable. And last, but not least, their Haman, highly recommendable. It was worth every cent!
We did not ask for the transfer service the hotel offers, but there's a person at Ataturk Airport from the hotel that can help you when you arrive and leave.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Andrerch,

Thank you very much for sharing this post and for the kind comments about your stay in February. It is a big pleasure to see that you've found the hotel comfortable and our staff very helpful as well as professional. Our people are our biggest asset and it makes me proud to see your compliments for our airport greeter, doorman, Concierge and the entire team.

We look forward to being your host again in the nearest future...

Best regards to Sao Paulo,