“Beautiful classy hotel”

Ranked #35 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
dc
“Beautiful classy hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed at so far. Excellent service, great food, beautiful views of the Bosphorus, very nice rooms and attentionate staff. I didn't use the spa facilities, but the hairdresser is excellent! wonderful experience overall and highly recommendable place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear IbenBattouta,

Thank you very much for your great comments about your stay in February. You made my day with your highlight about the staff and the attentive service, our people are certainly our biggest asset at Four Seasons.

It is a pity that you didn't have the time to enjoy our Spa during your stay but hopefully you have a great excuse to visit us again in the nearest future.

Leonardo Baiocchi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 nights for my first time in Istanbul and having travelled to many leading hotels, I have to say the service, food, friendliness and rooms are absolutely perfect, and one of the best I have experienced. Would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return when next in Istanbul. Sadly had to leave on Sunday afternoon and missed the brunch which looked absolutely incredible

Stayed March 2014
Dear Supaer,

Thank you very much for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus for your first stay in Istanbul and special thanks for sharing this post. I am delighted to read that you've found the whole experience flawless and we've managed to ensure a memorable stay while in this magical city.

We hope you'll come back and visit us soon, hopefully not missing the brunch this time...

Best regards to London,

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were pleased staying in this wonderful place: beautiful architecture next to the gardens of Dolmabahce Palace, very friendly and helpful staff and first class service, great food, stylish rooms with stunning views over the Bosphorus, beautiful terrace and pool area also facing the Bosphorus.
We will never forget the lovely scents all over the hotel. We are looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Bosphorus can be recommended
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Antiesenhofen,

Thank you very much for this post and the kind comments about your stay in September. I am happy to read that you and your family had a lovely time at Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus. I must mention that your comments on the friendliness of our staff and the first class service made me have goose bumps.

We look forward to welcoming you again and I promise to keep the scent of the Hotel as it is until you come back...

Best regards to Cologne,

New York, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel after 5 days at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet, which is another brilliant hotel. Comparing the two, I'd say that the Bosphorus Four Seasons is even more luxurious with similarly wonderful service. I was privileged to receive a great upgrade to a Bosphorus view room, which had every conceivable comfort. The room was quiet. The bed was comfortable. The linens and toiletries were absolutely first class. Housekeeping was flawless.

The buffet breakfast is extensive and the staff provide attentive service. The front desk staff was always helpful. The head concierge is a sophisticated man who listens before making recommendations that are tailored to your interests. Even the lady who ran the gift shop in the North Building where I was staying was gracious and welcoming.

The spa is one of the finest hotel spas in the world. I had the Thai massage (they have staff from the Bangkok Four Seasons to do Thai massage) and it was exceptional. I viewed the traditional Turkish hamam, and it is impressive, but I don't like hot treatments so I didn't have a treatment there. The gym is very large and well equipped.

I met dozens of staff members, and all of them seemed to have a genuine commitment to hospitality--to making the guest feel at home in a wonderful, comfortable hotel. I especially have to commend the Assistant Guest Services Manager who went out of her way to make my stay as excellent as it was, and demonstrated a commitment to exceptional service.

The Sultanahmet Four Seasons is in the heart of the historic district. I found that after 5 days of staying there and touring the ancient mosques, palaces and museums, it was a nice change to stay for a few days in the lap of luxury on the Bosphorus. I expect I'll do the same thing again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank john23
Dear john23,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay in March. It is a great pleasure to read that you have experienced our both properties in Istanbul and had the opportunity to meet with many of our staff members.

Actually I cannot thank you enough for telling us about the genuine experience you had at our hotels and how our staff, including our Head Concierge, gift shop attendant, housekeeping, restaurant, Spa teams and many others, made you feel at home. This is our biggest aim and nothing can be more motivating than our guests' feedback.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is the best hotel that we ever stayed in. Staff is excellent and beautifully situated at the bank of Bosphorus. Room was beautiful and restaurant food is great. Loved the ambiance at the terrace.

Room Tip: Try to get the room facing Bosphorus
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J K
Dear J K,

Thank you very much for sharing this post. It is a pleasure to read that you've enjoyed your time with us and we've managed to ensure a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future,

Trinidad
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Beautifully situated on the bank of the Bosphorus, what really marks this hotel out as special are the incredible staff and the standard of service. I don't know how they did it but within hours of my arrival I was being greeted by name by almost everyone I me. The most attentive, friendly and helpful staff I have ever met. Well done Four Seasons. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve993,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in February.

It is an honor for us to read that you've named Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus as "the best hotel you've ever stayed in". There can be no bigger motivator than these words and you can be assured that you made my day with your comments on the attentiveness of the staff and the service level you experienced during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future...

london
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Very comfortable and safe hotel. Been to many hotels around the world I can recommend this as one of the best. Four seasons as a chain cannot really be faultered. The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent with great power overhead and hand shower and a separate bathtub. The pool and gym were also excellent although there is no sunshine in the basement pool. The bathrooms come with l'occitane products which I am not a fan. The staff are wonderful and bend over backwards to help you in all parts of the hotel including the restaurant and the door staff. Sea view room would have been nice but very expensive but the garden views are fine.

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool are probably better for easier access to the pool
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear ubbidente,

Thank you very much for sharing this post about your stay in February. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, found the Hotel comfortable and had the opportunity to use Spa facilities.

I've noted your comment on l'occitane products in the rooms and I can tell you that we are at the process of adding a local product line as an alternative so that we can also showcase the valuable local brands of this country. Please contact me at leonardo.baiocchi@fourseasons.com at your convenience, and I will make sure that there is a note for your future visits.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the nearest future...

Best regards,