This is an outstanding five star hotel in just about every way. Unfortunately the prices for rooms and everything else are also quite extreme. It has big beautiful rooms, excellent staff and great views over the Bosphorus from the outside areas. However, most rooms have no view and the public areas only have very limited ones of the Bosphorus.
Why wouldn't I stay again? Besides the price, the big issue is that Sultanahmet is really where you want to be. The real value of Istanbul is the old town, it's mosques, markets, alleyways, ancient buildings, culture and life. While the hotel is near the Dolmabahce Palace (definitely worth a visit even if you do have to join and escorted tour once you get there), it is a decent cab ride, or a twenty minute walk and a tram ride, from Sultanahmet. If I was visiting Istanbul again I would try to get a hotel in the heart of the old town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus. On the European bank of the Bosphorus – which flows through Istanbul’s history and heart – Four Seasons gives a 19th-century palace a fresh, eclectic spirit. Alluring facilities include a chic urban spa. Fine restaurants and pools by the quayside overlook the Asian shore. And all are awash in the light, space and excitement of this water’s-edge location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus
- Four Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
- Four Seasons The Bosphorus
- Istanbul Four Seasons