“Simply Lovely Oasis”

Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus
Ranked #38 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Simply lovely accommodations, fabulous friendly helpful service, in an over the top picturesque relaxing setting. Our rooms were clean, very comfortable, quiet, spacious with a beautiful view of the gardens, the Bosphorus and pool area. They are a step ahead of every detail, the turn down service even cleaned the screen on my ipad. The pool area was peaceful with great lounge chairs or cabanas, the gardens magnificent and again the service was just amazing. The breakfast was outstanding. We picked this Four Seasons as opposed to the one in the city proper, I was hesitant at first thinking we would be too far from everything however I was incorrect this is a great location, just perfect, peaceful oasis and not far from any of our sightseeing ventures. We LOVED our stay there and HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mi-Dan20
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mi-Dan20,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May and for recommending us to other travellers. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed Hotel's location, loved your room and had a pleasant experience in Istanbul. I'm also happy to see that we surprised you by cleaning the screen of your iPad.

We hope you back and visit us again very soon...

Best regards to Dallas,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here on our tenth wedding anniversary.
I wanted it special and it surely was!
Four season did their best to welcome us with all special gestures like gifts, chocolate , strawberry and champagne, photo framed specially for us, flower arrangements, flower bath, room upgrade... All that as a gift for us .
That was very thoughtful and made our stay memorable and made us feel special like Sultans.
This hotel stands out of all the rest hotels for its service and Class up to the smallest detail.
Unpretentious Luxury and new well kept interiors.
Food is Gourmet from room service to breakfast buffet to all restaurants.
Spa is grand and they have private hammam rooms which is a plus.
The Hotel has its boutique feel like which makes you feel home in your own special palace.
The outdoor grounds on the Bosporus are breathtaking.
Room is big and fitted with all needed amenities.
Overall Amazing , It comes at a high price if you are willing to pay it you must appreciate it first

Room Tip: Upgrade to the second category which is courtyard view rooms for a small extra you get bigger room...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BespokeZ

Dear BespokeZ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in February and for choosing us to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable anniversary. I shared your review with the rest of the team as there can be no bigger motivator than our guests' comments.

We hope you come back and visit us again during your future trips to Istanbul...

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was fortunate to stay here for a week, attending a business conference held in one of the hotel's large meeting rooms.
The hotel is finished to the highest standard, with lavish use of beautiful materials, and excellent taste in furnishings. The rear of the property is an extensive paved and landscaped area, ideal for hospitality functions, where one can enjoy wonderful views of the opposite, Asian side, separated by a narrow sea. There is a dock for water taxis etc, a great way to see Istanbul from the water.
I only had conference meals during my stay, but found that the standard of foods served was excellent. I must say that when one stays in Istanbul, the best idea is to try out authentic local dishes in the old parts of the city, not at luxury hotels like the Four Seasons Bosporus.
Taxi drivers told me that the hotel was the second most expensive in Istanbul - this place is pricy, so the most expensive must be amazing!
The staff members were remorselessly efficient, helpful and cheerful. I couldn't fault this place as a truly high end, luxury hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mark C,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in April. I noted that you were travelling on business and I'm happy to read that you spent a week with us, enjoying the food and facilities.
With reference to your comment, I agree with you that one should visit the Old Town while in Istanbul. We are lucky to have two beautiful Four Seasons properties in the city and our sister property is located at the heart of Sultanahmet, a few steps away from the iconic landmarks.

We hope you come back and visit us again very soon, maybe this time on leisure...

Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the entrance to the marble floors to the beautiful ocean front terrace, it is a breathtaking property! The service was amazing, the breakfast buffet was like none I have seen before, amazing real fruit jams, an actual hive of fresh honey, cheese, fresh juices, the list goes on. It was all amazing. Our room was large and open, the bathroom was beautiful. No complaints at all. Highly recommended. AND when I left my camera at the lounge one night - I was happy to have it returned to me in the morning. Thank you for that!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funjoy77
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear funjoy77,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your room and had a pleasant time with us. You made my day with your kind comments emphasizing the breakfast and the view from Hotel's terrace.

As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at Four Seasons and I'm so glad that we made sure you got your camera back.

We hope you come back to Istanbul and visit us again very soon...

Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel had wonderful service. I have stayed at numerous Four Seasons over the years and this one is one of my favorites. The lobby and guest areas smell amazing (you will know what I mean when you are there)!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear katri717,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. It is such a great pleasure to read that you found the service "excellent", I shared your kind comment with the rest of the team.

We hope that you visit us again very soon and I promise to keep Hotel's smell the same until your next stay...

Best regards to Miami,

Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus

Reviewed 9 May 2014

my wife and i stayed here for 3 nights with many friends.

The hotel is very well located on the shores of the Bosporous with beautiful view of the sea. The lobby is nothing specacular however the sit-out facing the pool and the sea is brilliant. The rooms are quite large with an equally large bathroom, with a seperate shower and a tub area. We had a room with a view of the sea and it was beautiful. The free wifi in the room was excellent and the house-keeping had no complaints.

The breakfast spread is excellent, with great variety of food, fresh fruits and juices. It stays open till 11 am and that was a blessing.

The location of the hotel can be a bit downer though. Its about 10 mins away from Taksim square and about 20 minutes from the old city. If the traffic gets bad, and it does often, the distance can only take longer.

All in all, its a great hotel and definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear RMJK,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant time with us and enjoyed your visit with your wife and friends. I see that you had the opportunity to enjoy Hotel's outlets and loved the breakfast.

With reference to your comment about the location, I agree that traffic in the city can be challenging sometimes. Therefore, we recommend our guests to use water taxi and boat transfers if the weather permits. We are lucky to have two piers which makes it convenient for all kinds of boats.

We hope you come back and visit us again very soon...

Best regards to Mumbai,

Reviewed 7 May 2014

WOW -
Everything about this hotel is just that and nothing else.
Amazing hospitality, just too much of simple elegance, outstanding upkeep, fabulous waterfront on the Bosphorus, great food and a general style of the staff that just pleases you every now and then.
Great Experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Samit-Garg,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in May. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and you described your experience as "great". Your kind comments on our staff made my day!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Best regards from Istanbul,