“Great location just down from the Bosphorus Bridge”

Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus
Ranked #38 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at the Four Seasons for one night whilst on business in Istanbul. It was recommended to me and did not disappoint. Very high standard of service. Concierge was helpful and recommended some places to eat nearby the Bosphorus Bridge which was only a short walk from the hotel. The outside pool area is really special. I had the pool to myself in the early evening. Only disappointment was breakfast, which is situated outside in what should be a perfect place. I lost my appetite when I noticed all the birds eating from the serving utensils...that's not good! So, a really nice hotel but I would not have breakfast next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Mick189932,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in July.

I'm happy to read that you had a pleasant time with us while in Istanbul and you enjoyed the facilities. I appreciate your comment about breakfast and the birds. I shared it with my F&B Director and he will be looking into this issue.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Best regards,

Leonardo Baiocchi
Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus

Reviewed 5 July 2014

amazing experience! the room, the terrace, the staff, the breakfast, the linen! One of those places you would like to stay for weeks. The view to the bosphorus is simply incredible. Great holidays!!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Small but nicely appointed room. Friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful terrace overlooks the Bosphorus for meals and late night drinks. Can easily walk to restaurants in the surrounding neighborhoods.
Only drawback was night time noise outside rooms facing the pool area as this area is used for large parties and weddings and such.

Dear MrsMcCool,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in June. I'm happy to read that you and your family had a pleasant time with us. I appreciate your comment about the noise issue and please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

I hope you come back and visit us again very soon.

Best regards,

Leonardo Baiocchi
Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus

Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a great balance of outstanding location and excellence in service. No small details were left out in the manner in which the guests were well taken care of. I would have no reservations about recommending this hotel to anyone who enjoys being pampered!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just returned from a fantastic stay in Istanbul. We spent 5 nights at the Four seasons in Istanbul. This hotel does not disappoint. The staff is great and the setting is amazing. The outdoor patio and pool was the perfect place to unwind after a day of sightseeing. The kids loved it.

Our group consisted of 2 families with 6 kids ages 10 to 14. Our travel agency arranged a guide to pick us up at the hotel every morning with a van to take us to the attractions. Returning to a hotel with a swimming pool was a a great way for the kids to unwind and cool off. One particular day our sightseeing tour ended with a private boat tour of the bosphorous. The boat dropped us off at the hotel. The kids headed straight to the pool. Our family likes to walk but we did not walk as much as we would have liked this trip. We did walk to Ortakoy (sp) in the evenings for dinner and/or ice cream. This was a pleasant walk from the hotel about 1mile. I ran in the mornings along this same street past Ortakoy to a place where one can right along the bosphorous but to get to this point is 2 miles from the hotel. The tourist attractions are in the other direction. I did not feel like the places we wanted to go were an easy walk from the hotel.

We left Istanbul to go to Bodrum for a Gulet yacht cruise (amazing) and when we returned we stayed at the Pera Palace for one night. This place was amazing and I will write a separate review on this hotel. The location of the Four seasons on the Bosphorous is wonderful. One morning at breakfast we saw dolphins swimming in the sea. However, I may have preferred to be in another area where we could walk to restuarants and sights from our hotel. The food here was just ok and VERY pricey. We had fantastic meals at kebob houses and elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. Eating with kids is difficult but we found they loved the chicken shish and lamb shish at the kebob places. The kids loved the breakfast buffet which was included in our room rate. I think this hotel is a wonderful place to stay on a first visit to Istanbul however on our next visit we will likely stay in Beyoglu or old town and visit this hotel for a nice sunday brunch. There are so many people in this hotel because of the weddings. There was at least one wedding per day while we were here. I think it is a very welcoming hotel to just stop by and have a drink.

We choose this hotel because it was easy to get adjoining rooms for the kids. The rooms are lovely and resemble most other Four season rooms (except George V). Our rooms faced the street which was the less expensive option but I think this may be preferable because of the noise. The restuarant and the weddings are on the water side of the hotel.

As far as the other amenities are concerned. The hotel gym is fantastic. My husband says it is the best gym he has ever been to in a hotel? I only ran on the treadmill. He had a great message for Father's day at the spa. Our children are older but I did notice that the staff bought out an outdoor play set for smaller children during Sunday brunch on Father's day. I think this exemplifies the level of service and attentiveness you will find at this hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and if I had it to do all over, I would definitely stay here again for my first trip to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Skip the pricey bosphorous view rooms and opt for courtyard. The courtyard (driveway/entryway) is l...
2  Thank Razzle129
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a super hotel. Excellent location on the Bhosphorus though a real hike to get into the main sights especially during busy traffic periods of which there are quite a few. The room had a wonderful view of the hotel and boat life and the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the fresh juice bar an excellent addition. The pool and spa complex is truly outstanding with plentiful equipment for gym, pilates, indoor and a terrific long outdoor pool, plenty of sun loungers, spas, steam room, sauna, relaxation room. The staff including the GM were all delightful and attentive. My only gripe was the cost of the spa treatments which resulted in us not having one. However if you do the swim, stea, spa, sauna, gym, stretch ritual then you don't need a treatment anyway!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a Bhosphorus view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tania d
Reviewed 21 June 2014

One of the most beautiful hotels we've stayed at that perfectly marries old Turkish charm and modern Istanbul. The location is further away than the sister Four Seasons located within the old city, but the evening views of Bosphorus Strait are unparalleled. We treated ourselves to a traditional Hamman couples' treatment and indulged in the luxurious spa amenities. The hotel itself is a manageable walk to Taksim Square and is a short ride to Bebek, where one can enjoy delicious fresh seafood while taking in a Eurasian a backdrop.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple